American Idol S22 Judge's Song Contest Discussion

istersay

Wow it's WILD seeing Kaibrienne being the one sent home tonight. I never would have guessed that 24 hours ago. She slayed it last night with her best performance. She had a decent early on performance tonight... and then goes. Ultimately, I'm okay with it though I still would have preferred some others to have gone before her. But she had a wild and all over the place journey, which was fun to see.

Just now, QueenKalie said:

That bottom 2 was not it. But they got shitty song choices so it's not surprising. 

Yeah i was shocked Julia was not in the spot of 1 of those 2

Just now, hazuki said:

Ughhh its not fair the country guys get to pass on by mediocrity. 

It sure isn't. :/ But it's always been like this and certainly won't be changing now. :broken:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Remember when Hailey Mia slayed “Traitor” in TV playoffs, and didn’t get the public vote? I do. You can’t sing Tate McRae, Olivia Rodrigo, etc, and expect 60 year olds to vote for you. 

All 3 of her songs choices were bad so unfortunately she didn't have much of a choice. 

Kaibrienne’s song got her eliminated, I’m afraid. It’s a cursed song like “Any Man Of Mine.” Happy to see McKenna stick around. Emmy and Julia delivered tonight so they deserved to make it, even though I thought they’d be the two in danger. 

1 minute ago, hazuki said:

What did I tell you earlier? She sucked most weeks. Her elimination was long overdue 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

i think kaibrienne was struggling to rise above decent so i’m not mad over the boot. i also think most of her voters will go to abi so that’s a bonus LOL (kinda cold but yeah). 

triston and emmy def deserved to get the boot over her on body of work but emmy was good tonight so i was fine w her surviving. tristan tho….

• Like 4

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

All 3 of her songs choices were bad so unfortunately she didn't have much of a choice. 

Yeah looking back i think the judges and TPTB wanted to bus her and have her in the bottom 2 and they could send her home

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, hazuki said:

Seriously I’m so, well, shocked isn’t the word bc this happens every year but… angry I guess would be the word.

Triston especially was horrible tonight. If he wins that’s an embarrassing winner.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

If you re watch it Emmy is sad. And i know for a fact she was happy to make it this far and sing Coal miners Daughter. Next week her and McKenna will go home i predict

Nah, I think Emmy will make top 5. It'll be either Will or Julia joining McKenna on the way out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hazuki said:

The only mediocre one is Triston and it’s just because he’s 15, so his voice isn’t fully at its potential yet. Will is a strong singer and Jack is the biggest dark horse this show has seen in a while. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, BrokenHearted said:

They really had to pimp Emmy tonight so we lost someone good instead...sigh. Even though I prefer McKenna I kind of wish they'd chosen KB because she had a chance of making top 5. McKenna is definitely gone next week.

I doubt the pimping had anything to do with it. She sung very well better then many others but to each there own.

• Like 1

Just now, wildestinvegas said:

i think kaibrienne was struggling to rise above decent so i’m not mad over the boot. i also think most of her voters will go to abi so that’s a bonus LOL (kinda cold but yeah). 

triston and emmy def deserved to get the boot over her on body of work but emmy was good tonight so i was fine w her surviving. tristan tho….

Yeah, that’s a silver lining for me.

Just now, Carrie_On said:

The only mediocre one is Triston and it’s just because he’s 15, so his voice isn’t fully at its potential yet. Will is a strong singer and Jack is the biggest dark horse this show has seen in a while. 

I wasnt referring to Jack in this. Hes not really country. More like folksy/indie

Triston and Will can't be bussed. Singers like KB who are not country can be bussed. Country voters and Minivan do not care about the song choice nor if they are flat they vote like the rest for there favs and vote no matter what.