American Idol Season 23 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

well now that we have had a POC winner and a female winner back to back, my next goal is for us to get an openly queer winner! Just Sam sorta counts since they were out on social media, but they never mentioned their gender identity or sexuality on the show so... let's get a contestant who has their queerness as a part of their storyline! Jeremiah is really the last contestant I remember that openly discussed the struggles of being gay and made it far. 

but i do promise y'all i will not be annoying about it as i have been about wanting a girl winner the past few years :dead: . this season was about as good as it will get for me, so i'll honestly be satisfied for the rest of Idol's run on ABC (not expecting it to last more than 5 years, but would love to be surprised!) to everybody who has found me annoying - sorry not sorry! to everybody who has also been waiting years for this - we did it! ❤️ 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, m1key said:

well now that we have had a POC winner and a female winner back to back, my next goal is for us to get an openly queer winner 🏳️‍🌈 ! Just Sam sorta counts since they were out on social media, but they never mentioned their gender identity or sexuality on the show so... let's get a contestant who has their queerness as a part of their storyline! Jeremiah is really the last contestant I remember that openly discussed the struggles of being gay and made it far. 

but i do promise y'all i will not be annoying about it as i have been about wanting a girl winner the past few years :dead: . this season was about as good as it will get for me, so i'll honestly be satisfied for the rest of Idol's run on ABC (not expecting it to last more than 5 years, but would love to be surprised!) to everybody who has found me annoying - sorry not sorry! to everybody who has also been waiting years for this - we did it! ❤️ 

I will probably be satisfied for the rest of the run on ABC as well.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, m1key said:

Just Sam sorta counts since they were out on social media, but they never mentioned their gender identity or sexuality on the show so... let's get a contestant who has their queerness as a part of their storyline!

Sam mentioned it on the show, but it was very brief (one of those blink and you’ll miss it type things lol) and neither they nor the show really said anything else about it afterward. 

Yall im hoping so bad that Fantasia joins as a judge…..I have a strong feeling it’ll be her honestly. It’s long overdue to have an actual contestant as a judge. Would really show the contestants what their future can look like !!!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, jayshon said:

Yall im hoping so bad that Fantasia joins as a judge…..I have a strong feeling it’ll be her honestly. It’s long overdue to have an actual contestant as a judge. Would really show the contestants what their future can look like !!!

Well, they had her on the show during the finale, so it’s possible that they were thinking of having her be the replacement for Katy and that was why she was on.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Well, they had her on the show during the finale, so it’s possible that they were thinking of having her be the replacement for Katy and that was why she was on.

…or they were just acknowledging that it’s been 20 years since she won like they did last year with Ruben & Clay. :huh:

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Meghan Trainor said on a recent podcast that her bucket list dream would “be where Katy Perry is sitting” 👀 interesting

Edited by Joyburst
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Joyburst said:

Meghan Trainor said on a recent podcast that her bucket list dream would “be where Katy Perry is sitting” 👀 interesting

I thought they would go with her but I think she’s going on tour, right?

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2024 at 4:52 PM, Joyburst said:

On 5/21/2024 at 9:46 PM, Carrie_On said:

I thought they would go with her but I think she’s going on tour, right?

she could always change her tour dates if she is offered the job.

https://www.accessonline.com/videos/meghan-trainor-calls-american-idol-her-dream-job-after-katy-perry-exit

May 24, 2024

Meghan Trainor spoke to Access Daily’s Mario Lopez and Kit Hoover about her new single “To The Moon” and how her son Riley inspired the song. The singer also revealed that she’s getting ready to bring her two sons on tour with her and that Natasha Bedingfield introduced her to a massive group text filled with other moms including Jordin Sparks and Whitney Cummings who also have their kids on the road with them. While singing is Meghan’s passion is singing, filling “American Idol” judge Katy Perry’s seat could be in her future. “That is my dream job, please, I’ve been going everywhere being like, ‘Hi American Idol. Choose me to be a coach please or judge. I will be the best and give my whole heart and soul. I promise. Please choose me, pick me, love me.” Meghan Trainor’s new album “Timeless” which features her new single “Been Like This” featuring T-Pain comes out on June 7th.

edit

this years winner suggests Gaga or Meghan.

By Andrea Dresdale May 21, 2024 at 2:00 am EDT

Newly crowned American Idol champ Abi Carter spent all season being mentored by various big-name celebrities and judged by Katy Perry, so she's got some thoughts as to which of those celebs, if any, should replace Katy at the judges' table.

Speaking to US Weekly, Abi said, "I think Lady Gaga would crush that role. Katy, of course — she's like a monument to the show. She left such a legacy. But I do feel like Lady Gaga would be so cool."

And if Gaga's too busy with her acting career, Abi says one of this seasons guest mentors, Meghan Trainor, "would be really cool." She added that Meghan is "just the sweetest, too."

Speaking of Meghan, The Robb Report reveals that she recently dropped a little over $17 million to buy a huge mansion that used to belong to Joe Jonas and then Zedd. It has six bedrooms, 12 baths, a recording studio, gym, sauna, massage room, putting green, lap pool and outdoor kitchen, plus a guesthouse that includes a British-style pub and a movie theater.

Meanwhile, Katy is now walking back her comment that Jelly Roll should replace her. Speaking to E! Online, she said, "That would be too many men. Let's be honest. But we love Jelly Roll and I'd love for him to be on this show whenever it's appropriate."

Copyright © 2024, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.

Edited by jdanton2

On 5/21/2024 at 4:52 PM, Joyburst said:

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

• Haha 1