2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Steven & Sola’s Noms Posted)

Alex95

let's go girl — CANADA'S DRAG RACE SEASON 2 • first look

Nominations:

Buddha Lo (Top Chef: World All-Stars)

Raymond "Ray" Gantt (Love Island Games)

Kyra Green (Love Island Games)

Megan Barton-Hanson (Love Island Games)

Callum Hole (Love Island Games)

Cely Vazquez (Love Island Games)

Eyal Booker (Love Island Games)

Courtney Boerner (Love Island Games)

Hannah Wright (Love Island America Season 5)

Kassandra "Kassy" Castillo (Love Island America Season 5)

Carsten "Bergie" Bergersen (Love Island America Season 5)

Taylor Smith (Love Island America Season 5)

Vickala "Kay Kay" Gray (Love Island America Season 5)

Sanam Harrinanan (Love Island Season 9)

Lana Jenkins (Love Island Season 9)

Samie Elishi (Love Island Season 9)

Megan Barton-Hanson (Love Island Games)

megan-barton-hanson-season-4-651e7e7e33e

Ah I had a feeling that the Love Island nominations were coming. Megan Barton-Hanson made her Love Island debut on the 4th UK series in 2018. I didn't watch that series so I was properly introduced to her on Love Island Games last year. Megan entered as one of the first bombshells (with Jonny) on Day 2. Megan did express initial interest in Stephanie and Callum, but I believe she chose to couple up with Steph. Then Steph was eliminated very soon after that. Callum was still interested in Megan and she had a bit of interest in him. Megan also had a bit of unresolved feelings for Eyal though nothing really transpired there other than her wanting to kiss him but she never did. Just when Kyra entered the villa, there was both Kyra and Callum interested in her. Megan ended up coupling with Kyra and they were the first same sex (romantic) couple of Love Island, as far as I know or have seen. As I think the Megan/Steph coupling was a friendship couple? Megan's time was short lived as she exited the show on Day 9. Megan's exit was so abrupt and came out of nowhere. But apparently it was due to medical issues. And actually she missed out in participating in some games and the late night activities prior her exit, so it did make sense. It was a shame to see her go as I did like her. But of the nominees, she lasted the shortest amount of time amongst the Islanders of Love Island (and I liked her the least) so she's a fair cut to go at this point.

Saving:  Hannah Wright

gTX9u4ubmGAU8TShDjvmHX-320-80.jpg

KYRA GREEN

LOVE ISLAND GAMES || DUMPED ON DAY 11

6540f3ba356802a56be8379c?width=800&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Out of the nominees, I am more comfortable cutting contestants from Love Island Games than the regular season, even more so if they were one of the first few to leave the competition. When it comes to Kyra Green, I remember liking her on her original season of Love Island; she appeared on the first-ever US version of the hit UK dating show.  On Love Island Games, she entered the villa on Day 5. Shortly after, as one of the queer contestants on the series, she coupled up with Megan Barton-Hanson, who walked out on Day 9. I didn't watch this version of Love Island, but I do remember hearing about a same-sex couple on the show, which we love to hear! After Megan left, Kyra was single, and she ended up coupling up/partnering up with Carrington Rodriguez from Love Island US: Season 2. They were both dumped from the island on Day 11. Considering her overall placement, this is a more than fair placement for her in this rankdown.

SAVING: CALLUM HOLE

Kyra! ❤️

I think it's kinda cute having Megan and Kyra go out back to back. I liked them and their relationship on the show, though things got a bit frosty towards the end. But I'm happy with her making it this far. :Yes:

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Sola’s Noms Posted)

love-island-games-cast-announcement-eyal
Eyal Booker | Love Island Games

Eyal Booker was cast as part of the internal Love Island Games. The show consisted of Love Island alums competing in challenges whilst trying to find love. I hope this show doesn’t get a second season because why would it? Stick with All Stars. I think Eyal lasted ten days but the show was only seventeen days long so he did pretty well considering he came in around halfway. Eyal didn’t do too badly throughout and was only vulnerable once before he was eventually dumped a day before the final. He coupled up with Cely throughout except for one day when it was Imani. Is Eyal a Love Island legend? Probably not. He had some good moments on his original series but I think he was brought back because he dated Delilah Belle. He appeared on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and was constantly in the media due to the relationship so the show got viewership. He’s a very handsome guy but I will not let Sanam leave over him.

Saving Sanam.

Samie Elishi (Love Island Season 9)

Who is Samie Elishi? Love Island bombshell's age, job and Instagram | The  Independent

Here she is! Sammie Eilish. Or whoever. She came in a little late on her season on Day 14, but that didn't stop her from sticking around until the end! She tried things out with Kai first, and that pairing didn't last. Kai picked her, but then she didn't pick him back and went with Tom the next week. Or however the time periods are split up, idk. Kai was going back and forth with Olivia and Sanam and our girl Samie stuck with Tom until the end. But alas, it was Kai who ultimately got victory while the strong couple of Samie and Tom placed 3rd overall. What if she had stuck with Kai instead? Could she have won? Do people care about winning on this show or do they just want to FIND LOVE??? I have my theories but I don't have any first-hand witness knowledge of Miss Samie here so why not give her the benefit of the doubt. Welp Google tells me they broke up like a month after the show and Tom is already back on another Love Island season.

Save Buddha

RAYMOND "RAY" GANTT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAXO3KgbBzeTJDl_MucH0

So, I only really know of Ray because he was on The Amazing Race with Caro. I did not like his personality or the way he spoke to Caro during their time on The Amazing Race so naturally, I just don't like him to begin with. Anyway, he was on Love Island Games and I am trying to understand the wikipedia, but I have no idea what is going on. It says he was vulnerable 3 times and got eliminated on the third time he was up for elimination. I want to say he was paired with Imani the week he was eliminated, someone can correct me though. It would like he won something three times as well with Imani. Again, I don't know how these Love Island Games thing worked and anyways, out goes Ray from this Rankdown.

Save: Cely Vazquez.

Courtney Boerner (Love Island Games)

Kassandra "Kassy" Castillo (Love Island America Season 5)

Carsten "Bergie" Bergersen (Love Island America Season 5)

Taylor Smith (Love Island America Season 5)

Vickala "Kay Kay" Gray (Love Island America Season 5)

Lana Jenkins (Love Island Season 9)

I liked Eyal. He was moreso a good likable background character and he was a good enough later entry to the show (esp. on the guys side). Though I also mainly liked Eyal for his connection/relationship with Cely. 

I do think it was said on LI USA's AfterSun that there would be a Love Island Games Season 2 in 2025, so we'll see if that actually happens (though I hope so as I did really enjoy this one). 

Samie is gorgeous, of course. :wub: lmaoo Kai was a bit of a mess before Sanam came along. :haha: But yeah Samie and Tom were coupled up and a good couple on the show... and they looked great together. Both of them were really reserved though they did get involved in different dramas. Sadly, that didn't last at all and they broke up quickly (not sure why) while other couples that series lasted longer. 

I'm kinda glad Ray did LIGames as he did make a better impression on me there than on TAR (which yeah he was quite awful on there). I did really like him & Imani. It was nice seeing a guy giving Imani the love and attention she deserved, which she didn't get on Season 5. They were a strong power couple though and they won many challenges together. At the same time, they got targeted and screwed over for being a strong power couple in one of the challenges. I think it was some carinval type/pie throwing comp thing? Justine & Jack won it and eliminated Ray & Imani, which was a really tough and heartbreaking moment because Jack pushed for that (to get the big threat out) and Justine/Ray were good friends outside of the show.

#bless the Cely save. ❤️ 

Kassandra "Kassy" Castillo

What Happened To Kassy Castillo After Love Island USA Season 5?

Kassy was on the fifth season of Love Island USA, but I've just found out she's also on the sixth season? And idk what she's like on there, but seeing how the season's popping off, maybe she'll have another chance in next year's rankdown. This is about her season 5 run. Where she made it to the final with her partner Leonardo, placing second. Looking at her coupling history, they were a day 1 pair but they had their on and off moments. However, I'm guessing the fact that she came back the very next year doesn't bode well for their time outside of the villa. I hope she took time to heal with that breakup for her to come straight back on TV! And hopefully she has some better luck this time around.

Save Lana

5 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Love Island UK2 had a same sex couple

Ah I didn't know that but thank you for clarifying that! :hug: 

Aww sad to see Kassy go and wish she could have lasted a little further, though I get it. :( She was someone that didn't really start off as one of my faves but she really grew a lot on me through the course of her season... and she would become one of my faves. She was a fun and fascinating person to watch. She had a lot of ups and downs with Leonardo, a potential same sex coupling with Johnnie and a few connections at Casa (which didn't last). I did like her and Kassy on their good moments but not too surprised they didn't work on the outside. But gosh she came on soooo late into S6, coming on earlier this week when the season ends next weekend. :dead: Not really much time to form anything but wishing her the best of course. 

TAYLOR SMITH

love-island-casa-amor-taylor-s.jpg

Taylor Smith appeared on last season's Love Island USA. She was one of the Casa Amor girls, so we weren't introduced to her until the halfway point of the season. Throughout the season, OG islander Bergie was struggling to find a connection. He was awkward and had less romantic experiences than everyone else, but he became a producer and fan favorite. People were rooting for Bergie to finally find someone, and he did when he met Taylor. Taylor is a hotel manager from California, and she said Bergie caught her eye before Casa Amor week (islanders who come into the villa later than the OG islanders are shown clips of the episodes before entering). Taylor and Bergie ended up hitting it off, and the two re-coupled after Casa Amor week. There were questions if Taylor really liked Bergie or if she just coupled up with him for a ticket into the main villa. Even Bergie's grandfather questioned it during the family call episode. But Taylor did prove she really did care about Bergie. Taylor really was a sweetheart on the show, and she and Bergie make a very nice couple. Taylor and Bergie stayed together for the remainder of the season, ultimately finishing in third place. I was rooting for Bergie & Taylor to win this season. A year later, Bergie and Taylor are still together, so congrats to them on that. 

Save Bergie.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952lci3y4ovcsegb8n928i