So You Think You Can Dance Season 18 Premiere March 4, 2024 on Fox

istersay

sytycd-season-18-key-art-1707162003809.thumb.webp.9366a12fa5d8bdabe0c8e33b9a49dbc8.webp

Fox Twitter Instagram Youtube Tiktok Facebook

Season 18 of 'SYTYCD' introduces an all-new format.

For its 18th season, this smash-hit reality competition is shaking things up big time! They're introducing a brand-new format, and the judges — featuring the likes of Allison Holker, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, and JoJo Siwa— are stepping up to mentor dancers from every corner of the country.

Screenshot2024-02-24143009.png.b970510f99f8a2d806d04cfef54bf934.png

These dancers are more ready to show off their skills in an eclectic mix of dance styles, from contemporary to tap to hip-hop and beyond. And guess what? The multi-talented SYTYCD All-Star Comfort Fedoke is hopping on board the judging panel for the audition rounds!

In the official press release, Fox announced that Season 18 of SYTYCD will be injecting the long-running hit show with a brand-new format that mirrors "the authentic experience of building a successful career in dance, as so many So You Think You Can Dance alums have."

Each week, the contestants will dive headfirst into all-new intense "dance challenges that will give them a real taste of the career, from performing in a music video or a football halftime show to going toe-to-toe on stage with a Broadway performer." And when the dust settles, it's in the hands of our esteemed judges to determine their fate.

With eliminations looming every week, the pressure is on, especially since only the top three finalists will make it to the highly-anticipated finale. But in the end, only one dancer will emerge victorious, seizing the $100,000 grand prize and the prestigious title of So You Think You Can Dance champion.

Catch the Season 18 premiere of So You Think You Can Dance on Monday, March 4, at 9 p.m. EST on Fox.

• Like 2

• istersay changed the title to So You Think You Can Dance Season 18 March 4 on Fox

Ooooh I am loving the panel! 😮❤️ 

Aww Allison as a judge (in honor of tWitch). 😢 I love that she has this judging role now. ❤️ Also like seeing Comfort as a guest judge and wouldn't mind seeing her in a permanent judging role in the future (and to be an all-star as well, of course). I was not expecting to see Maks as a judge but I like that too.

Oooh the premiere date is March 4th, which is interesting. It's going to be so weird having SYTYCD on in the late winter/spring time. :haha: 

• Like 3

great news!!!!!

I also was thinking the other day how nice it would be to have Allison as judge to honour tWitch 😮  prophet Rei!!!!!

I know it will happen no matter what, but I hope they do a really nice tribute to tWitch 😢

• Like 1

• istersay changed the title to So You Think You Can Dance Season 18 Premiere March 4, 2024 on Fox
  • 4 weeks later...

That’s disappointing. Especially since it’s not the first person from the cast to be connected to sexual allegations.

I also hope that Comfort becomes the final judge. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My thoughts about the episode:

1. Maks, Comfort and Allison are an incredible panel. It’s wild to think we almost had Nigel instead on this panel.

2. Comfort is such a good judge, she gives incredible feedback. Make her a permanent judge.

3. Cackled at Maks shading TikTok dancers.

4. Loved Maks going to get Roman a partner to dance with.

5. King Wavy!!! We need a good b-boy on this show again.

6. Jin Lee’s audition was so incredibly beautiful. I had chills and was crying even before she started talking to Allison about Twitch.

7. Full blown SOBBING from the moment Jin started talking about Twitch to the end with the clips of him dancing. 

So glad this show is back :wub:

• Like 3

I just watched the premiere. It was a really good premiere episode. This audition episode/season has such a different feel to it for me for some reason. It feels very raw and real, I think?

There's some good, interesting and talented dancers.

I am loving the Maks/Comfort/Allison panel. I love that we got an expert in ballroom & Latin ballroom, hip-hop and contemporary/jazz dance. It makes me sad that Comfort is only apart of the auditions stage. Now I wish she was a judge for the full season.

Gosh the tribute to tWitch at the end had me in tears. 😢 Allison's words about him and his legacy at the last audition were so beautiful too. ❤️ 

• Like 3

Had a wonderful time watching live!!!!!!! And chatting with Andrew during ❤️

I'm shocked at how picky they are being with the contemporary dancers and I'm very happy about it. Maks saying something like "contemporary has become a sport" is soooo true and what contemporary dancers in the world need to hear right now.

I hope that some killer hip-hoppers show up in the following weeks because I know they're out there 

• Like 1

Great premiere!

I really enjoyed Roman and Jin's audition the most. And I did like the contemporary guy - forgot his name :ph34rwave:

The panel is great and they have a good dynamic.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Had a wonderful time watching live!!!!!!! And chatting with Andrew during ❤️

I'm shocked at how picky they are being with the contemporary dancers and I'm very happy about it. Maks saying something like "contemporary has become a sport" is soooo true and what contemporary dancers in the world need to hear right now.

I hope that some killer hip-hoppers show up in the following weeks because I know they're out there 

Yeah I hope the strong hip-hop dancers show up in future episodes because I was disappointed with the hip-hop genre last night. :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

Great premiere!

I really enjoyed Roman and Jin's audition the most. And I did like the contemporary guy - forgot his name :ph34rwave:

The panel is great and they have a good dynamic.

Easton!

• Like 1