So You Think You Can Dance Season 18 Premiere March 4, 2024 on Fox

istersay

ezgif-5-3153211a59.thumb.jpg.df1afe7db965a18894905b8175701331.jpg

Fox Twitter Instagram Youtube Tiktok Facebook

Fox‘s So You Think You Can Dance has been renewed for an 18th season that will premiere Monday, March 4 at 9/8c and bring series co-creator Nigel Lythgoe back to the judging table.

Season 18 will infuse the long-running dance competition with a new format “reflecting the authentic experience of building a successful career in dance, as so many So You Think You Can Dance alums have.”

Namely, each week, contestants will compete in new, intense dance challenges that will give them a real taste of the career, from performing in a music video or a football halftime show to going toe-to-toe on stage with a Broadway performer.

Eliminations will take place weekly, with the Top 3 finalists competing in the season finale, but only one will win the $100,000 grand prize and the highly coveted title of So You Think You Can Dance champion.

Season 18 will also debut new storytelling elements to “further capture the authentic ups and downs experienced by professional dancers.” For example, for the first time ever, in addition to the big spectacle dance numbers that SYTYCD has long been famous for, viewers will get a documentary-style inside look at the contestants’ dynamics, following them throughout the competition as they go through their personal and competitive journeys.

source

EXCLUSIVE: Fox’s ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ season 18 shooting in Atlanta

• Like 1

• istersay changed the title to So You Think You Can Dance Season 18 March 4 on Fox

Ooooh I am loving the panel! 😮❤️ 

Aww Allison as a judge (in honor of tWitch). 😢 I love that she has this judging role now. ❤️ Also like seeing Comfort as a guest judge and wouldn't mind seeing her in a permanent judging role in the future (and to be an all-star as well, of course). I was not expecting to see Maks as a judge but I like that too.

Oooh the premiere date is March 4th, which is interesting. It's going to be so weird having SYTYCD on in the late winter/spring time. :haha: 

• Like 3

great news!!!!!

I also was thinking the other day how nice it would be to have Allison as judge to honour tWitch 😮  prophet Rei!!!!!

I know it will happen no matter what, but I hope they do a really nice tribute to tWitch 😢

• Like 1

• istersay changed the title to So You Think You Can Dance Season 18 Premiere March 4, 2024 on Fox
  • 4 weeks later...

That’s disappointing. Especially since it’s not the first person from the cast to be connected to sexual allegations.

I also hope that Comfort becomes the final judge. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...