FloorWax ranks the Season 24 Blind Auditions

FloorWax

I remember when Jackson's audition first aired and most preferred Bryce's version. But I liked Jackson's better. Unfortunate he didn't make it farther, had one of the best battle performances of the season.

And yeah, I still think Noah's elimination was the biggest robbery of the season, even after Nini's elimination..

Edited by Hsamid

12. Ruby Leigh (Team Reba)

Explanation: Ranking the highest on Team Reba is the viral yodel girl herself, Ruby Leigh. When her audition first aired, I recognized her name from the spoiler discussions, but I had no idea what to expect. Needless to say, I did not expect THAT. Even though the song choice does come off a little gimmicky, this was undoubtedly one of the most bizarrely impressive vocal showcases I've ever seen on the show. This girl has lungs of steel. She was basically either belting or yodeling for the entire song and not once did she ever seem to struggle. I know it wasn't the tuning helping her either, because I've seen videos of her singing this live and she sounds exactly the same. That said, despite being more impressive than some auditions I ranked above her, those are just more in my wheelhouse genre-wise. I understand why some people found this a little hard to stomach.

Clue: Was this contestant born in July? Now that's a real corundum. -  Rubies are the birthstone for the month of July, and the gem itself is a variety of corundum.

11. Reid Zingale (Team Niall)

Explanation: Ahh, Reid Zingale, Season 24's FloorWax-bait indie male that never was. This guy had one of the season's most captivating auditions and distinct tones, only to be promptly eliminated in the Battle rounds. I think his choice to have no band playing behind him really paid off, as we got a chance to focus on his crisp, crystal-clear vocals. The dynamics he displayed were just perfect for the song and I loved the little changes he made to the melody. In a weaker season like say, the last one, this audition would be an easy Top 5 pick, so it says a lot about this season's talent that he doesn't even crack the Top 10. Oh, and I still think he deserved a steal for his Battle, which was genuinely good. Don't @ me.

Clue: Okay kids, today we're going to read about the amazing Galileo Galilei! read about the amazing Galileo :haha:

10. Jacquie Roar (Team Gwen)

Explanation: Closing off this set is this season's resident country rocker queen, Jacquie Roar. Not many people have the personality to do upbeat country numbers like this, but that clearly wasn't a problem for Miss Roar over here. She rocked that stage, keeping up with the tempo without missing a beat. The performance was already pretty good during the first half, but when she let out that high note from out of nowhere, my jaw dropped. This woman has pipes. Honestly, this felt like one of those auditions that would prompt whichever coach they chose to keep them for the next round even if they flopped, but... we all know what happened. Whatever. This is always a fun performance to revisit, and those high notes NEVER fail to knock my socks off.

Clue: Well that certainly sounds better than String and Spike. - Jacquie's former band was called Lace and Thorn.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

Okay, since there are so few contestants left, I was thinking we could do away with the clues, and y'all can just try to figure out which 3 contestants are next. You can each guess one set of three contestants, and then have up to three guesses as to the order of placement. 

Twist: I'll give you guys a point for each contestant you name right!