FloorWax ranks the Season 24 Blind Auditions

FloorWax

4. Huntley (Team Niall)

Explanation: Taking up the #4 slot is Season 24’s (rightful) winner, Mr. Michael Huntley! Pre-season, he was one of those contestants I was 50/50 on supporting, and I wanted to wait until his audition aired to make judgements. And even though I had to wait seven episodes to do so, Huntley did not just not disappoint, he surpassed expectations. That weathered voice of his came off as sturdy as stone, never hitting a foul note and soaring to the rock and roll heavens. Even if he would go on to have more memorable performances than this one, he did manage to impress more consistently than any other contestant this season, including the ones I ranked above him. I’m still over the moon that he ended up as the winner, and it’s great now to look back at where he started.

3. Chechi Sarai (Team Gwen)

Explanation: The first contestant to make the podium is world-class whistler Chechi Sarai, earning a respectable bronze. This woman turned it a performance of “Lovin’ You” that was so perfect, it felt superhuman. The ease at which she commands her whistle register is frankly insane. I also liked how she changed up the melody to make the song sound more modern and more her own. She could have easily come off like she was oversinging, but she sang the verses so tenderly that it balanced out all the bells and whistles (lol). Ms. Chechi gave us a VOCAL. It almost feels sacrilegious to rank an audition this high-caliber anywhere but #1, but clearly, there were two other auditions which I loved even more.

On 11/6/2023 at 12:47 AM, FloorWax said:

Points so far:

1. Someone648 - 27

2. MILO JAY - 26

3. QueenCami - 25

4. Dai - 14

5a. allistr - 7

5b. TyDSC - 7

6. jarmon - 5

7. Feoz - 4

8a. nytsch - 3

8b. erik g - 3

9a. Adam Bruce - 1

9b. peachfuz - 1

And just like that, @Someone648 takes the lead! It's looking like a tight competition between the top 3. Basically whoever guesses the top spot correctly wins :haha: