FloorWax ranks the Season 24 Blind Auditions

FloorWax

24. LVNDR (Team Niall)

Explanation: I just want to preface this by saying that every audition from this point onwards is considered at least “very good” in my books. Though, we’d need a whole lot more adjectives to do justice to what LVNDR accomplished here. Her rendition of “Hotline Bling” was smooth, delicate, and sultry. When I first found out she was doing it, I was ready to discount it as yet another indie girl cover of the song, but she managed to make it distinct from prior renditions. The vibrato she’s able to apply to her low notes is sick. The performance as a whole though was quite sleepy, which lands her among the worst of the best.

Clue: Really making the most out of those five senses - Through her gifts, LVNDR appealed not only to the coaches' sense of hearing, but their sense of smell as well.

23. Jordan Rainer (Team Reba)

Explanation: A season’s first aired audition tends to be a memorable one, and even though this kind of got lost in the shuffle by the end of the Blinds, Jordan still manages to stand out from the crowd. Her tone reminds me of alt-country queens like Margo Price and Amanda Shires, and what she lacks in power she makes up for in delivery. Besides the fact that I can’t imagine her in a fancy dress, Jordan did a great job selling the song. The only reason she’s not higher is because I don’t love the song choice. I listened to the original, and I guess it just isn’t for me?

Clue: Back to back? Has that ever happened before? - We've had contestants sing their coaches' songs before, but to do it in back-to-back rounds? I think that's unheard of.

22. Olivia Eden (Team Niall)

Explanation: Taking home the award for the most adorable audition of the season is Olivia Eden. Niall’s pop folk hit was actually a perfect showcase for her beautiful tone and endearing stage presence. She comes off like a total amateur, but there’s a certain charm to that, especially when she ended up doing so well. I feel like she may have lost the pitch a couple of times, but it wasn't so obvious as to detract from the performance quality. Overall, a really nice, light audition—it just so happens to get outclassed by some heavyweights.

Clue: But can they park between columns? Maybe we’ll see next round - Auditioned with the same song as Brayden Lape, who sang Parker McCollum in the next round

21. Caleb Sasser (Team Legend)

Explanation: Just missing out on the Top 20 is music teacher Caleb Sasser, who has arguably THE cleanest audition out of everyone this season. His tone in his lower range sounds beautiful already, but when be goes for those head voice notes, it’s like I’m being transported to another plane. Though, if he’s so great, then why is he not all the way up the list? Well, as I said, his audition was clean, maybe a little TOO clean. The whole thing felt calculated down to the tiniest of details, if that makes sense. As a result, I don’t really feel the urge to revisit this often as compared to other auditions. Still, that only speaks to my preference, and not his talent.

Clue: Sounds like a seriously inconvenient name for anyone to have. It’s almost like its gibberish! - "It's all because of... [scatting]"

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

Caleb is way better than those other 3!!

/lh I know it's your list lol (and you did put him the highest) but personally I would have a bigger gap between them. Wasn't much a fan of LVNDR, even though I admit her version was unique, but I just felt like I didn't really need that song in a lounge style, like the arrangement didn't do anything for me. Her vocals were good though.

22 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Clue: Back to back? Has that ever happened before? - We've had contestants sing their coaches' songs before, but to do it in back-to-back rounds? I think that's unheard of

tidbit is that Ryleigh Plank would have but was eliminated a round too early for it to manifest

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Caleb is way better than those other 3!!

/lh I know it's your list lol (and you did put him the highest) but personally I would have a bigger gap between them. Wasn't much a fan of LVNDR, even though I admit her version was unique, but I just felt like I didn't really need that song in a lounge style, like the arrangement didn't do anything for me. Her vocals were good though.

Caleb stunned me when his audition first aired but unfortunately most of the magic has worn off for me. I enjoyed all of the vocal choices but the performance feels "empty" somewhat.

Also I know people are gonna heavily disagree with some of the people I ended up ranking above Caleb LOL

Anyway! Next batch of clues:

- As Kate Bush would say, "He's here again..."

- Easy there Gwen... I'm pretty sure that's not what [contestant] meant

- Negro y Azul

- This contestant sure does love themself some free climbing

- As Kate Bush would say, "He's here again..." Jackson Snelling

- Easy there Gwen... I'm pretty sure that's not what [contestant] meant Ephraim Owens

- Negro y Azul Noah Spencer

- This contestant sure does love themself some free climbing Joslynn Rose