The Voice 24 ● Battles 4 ● Discussion

istersay

Just now, dirActing said:

Don't care what anyone says about crazy outfits and loofahs 😂 but Elizabeth's look is fire!!! 🔥🔥🔥

And yes, both girls, the whole performance was FIRE!  For me, best battle of the season to date. Also the perfect showcase for artistry vs vocal mastery.

I dig her look too. Very artistic!

• Like 1

I'll say what I said in the spoilers thread.

Song suits Elizabeth more tonally, and she delivered the song better with her simplicity and rawness, only doing subtle things to add to the song.

Kaylee is clearly the better vocalist. But I thought her approach was a bit performative vocally. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hsamid said:

I'll say what I said in the spoilers thread.

Song suits Elizabeth more tonally, and she delivered the song better with her simplicity and rawness, only doing subtle things to add to the song.

Kaylee is clearly the better vocalist. But I thought her approach was a bit performative vocally. 

I think part of why it came off that way was because the song was a bit too small for Kaylee, but just the right size for Elizabeth.

• Like 2

Just now, dirActing said:

Don't care what anyone says about crazy outfits and loofahs 😂 but Elizabeth's look is fire!!! 🔥🔥🔥

And yes, both girls, the whole performance was FIRE!  For me, best battle of the season to date. Also the perfect showcase for artistry vs vocal mastery.

Oh, and I stan how they both jumped and hugged each other so gleefully. They knew they knocked it out of the park!  Kaylee deservedly won, her vocal chops are undeniable. The steal was well-deserved too, and Reba was right that Elizabeth stands out. There were two superb singers on stage, but one in particular looked like an artist