The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

16 hours ago, AliXRose said:

Thank God for Kelly Clarkson, absolutely brilliant !

Hands down the best cover of this song I've heard. Everything besides the chorus was 10/10 and Kelly was the closest to not making that chorus melody sound grating.

Kelly’s version of “Anyone” is amazing (of course, that’s expected)!

Out of all of The Voice covers, my favorite is Ryleigh. I love the angst and passion in her voice, and she sold the song.

Megan Danielle’s version is good, although she has the least range out of all the people that sung it. That being said, her voice has this ache to it that makes her cover better than it otherwise would be.

Faye Moffett deserved a chair turn, but her cover didn’t really “sell the song.” She can clearly sing though.

Carolina Rial put a lot of emotion into the song, and while she can sing, I find her tone grating.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AliXRose said:

Thank God for Kelly Clarkson, absolutely brilliant !

I know there’s been a lot of conversation about whether people prefer this to contestants’ covers; I’m wondering as well whether you all prefer this performance to Demi’s, or the other way around.

22 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I know there’s been a lot of conversation about whether people prefer this to contestants’ covers; I’m wondering as well whether you all prefer this performance to Demi’s, or the other way around.

I like Kelly’s more simply because I find her voice much more pleasant (sorry Demi)

• Like 3

By looking at Insta accounts, I was able to collect some interesting information about who was in some of the tapings of season 21:

TAPING FOUR (possibly missed at tapings 1-3): 

Joshua Vacanti

Lana Scott

TAPING FIVE (possibly missed at taping 6): 

Paris Winningham (first of taping five)*

Katie Rae

Chavon Rodgers

Marco Salvador

TAPING EIGHT:

Janora Brown

For Paris, I gathered the information by watching his Insta lives. For the others, I saw posts saying that they auditioned “a year ago”, and I was able to use last year’s dates to deduce what tapings they were probably in.

Edited by Anybody354
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

By looking at Insta accounts, I was able to collect some interesting information about who was in some of the tapings of season 21:

TAPING FOUR (possibly missed at tapings 1-3): 

Joshua Vacanti

Lana Scott

TAPING FIVE (possibly missed at taping 6): 

Paris Winningham (first of taping five)*

Katie Rae

Chavon Rodgers

Marco Salvador

TAPING EIGHT:

Janora Brown

For Paris, I gathered the information by watching his Insta lives. For the others, I saw posts saying that they auditioned “a year ago”, and I was able to use last year’s dates to deduce what tapings they were probably in.

It looks like Sophia Bromberg was in the first few tapings

The one thing I miss about Voice pandemic era was finding out every detail of the taping :(

23 minutes ago, VF333 said:

It looks like Sophia Bromberg was in the first few tapings

Which taping (or day) do you think?

23 minutes ago, VF333 said:

The one thing I miss about Voice pandemic era was finding out every detail of the taping :(

I actually prefer incomplete spoilers because we get surprises along the way. Knowing the full spoilers is boring. Getting surprised by some of the people who we didn’t find out made lives until later (like Katie Rae) was really interesting. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

Which taping (or day) do you think?

I actually prefer incomplete spoilers because we get surprises along the way. Knowing the full spoilers is boring. Getting surprised by some of the people who we didn’t find out made lives until later (like Katie Rae) was really interesting. 

The post was 1 week ago. June 22nd. So I would guess taping 3

The surprise element is some nice nostalgia (I remember when I first started following spoilers and people were excited when they found out who the blue hair girl was during season 9 lol) but I also enjoy seeing how the producers arrange things 

Edited by VF333

1 minute ago, VF333 said:

The post was 1 week ago. June 22nd. So I would guess taping 3

The surprise element is some nice nostalgia (I remember when I first started following spoilers and people were excited when they found out who the blue hair girl was during season 9 lol) but I also enjoy seeing how the producers arrange things 

So she was either in taping three or taping four (probably the latter, but there’s always a chance people forgot she was in taping three).

For that matter, Katie, Chavon, and Marco could have been in taping six but missed/forgotten by the sources. Taping six only had four auditions in the spoilers, which was always interesting to me. They either had little time, long pitches, or people forgot about some of the contestants.

Not sure where to post this but I remember a few years ago there was a thread where you could plan your own trajectory on the voice. There was some guy named shark man or something who made such a funny story and planned out every round. Can we start it up again?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, taylanastan said:

Not sure where to post this but I remember a few years ago there was a thread where you could plan your own trajectory on the voice. There was some guy named shark man or something who made such a funny story and planned out every round. Can we start it up again?

Bruh, that was some hilarious stuff, I remember lmao so much when reading that. 

Mega rip to that thread.

Kelly may or may not be coming back, but contestants should be listening to Kellyoke and taking notes.

Alanis Morrisette cover - Ironic

Ballad, then at 51 sounds like it could come from a Sondheim musical ("Life has a funny way") and then rocks out at the end. The phrasing in that middle section is gold. All so seemingly effortless.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1

I don’t think people realize that even though he didn’t get a chair Cupid is one of the most successful voice contestants of all time. He probably makes millions a year from that one stupid song alone. I’m a camp counselor for 5 year olds and we had to teach them all the Cupid shuffle today.

2 hours ago, taylanastan said:

I don’t think people realize that even though he didn’t get a chair Cupid is one of the most successful voice contestants of all time. He probably makes millions a year from that one stupid song alone. I’m a camp counselor for 5 year olds and we had to teach them all the Cupid shuffle today.

I agree that the song has had a big impact but I wouldn’t call him the most successful voice contestant of all time. 

Cupid shuffle was a song successful way before The Voice and it’s continued success isn’t to do with The Voice. I feel like most people who still listen to it aren’t even aware he was on The Voice. Cupids Shuffle was a one hit wonder so that song is the only measure of success 

Also it feels less like him auditioning for the show was less to do with the intention of winning rather a fun moment for the show to have Cupid Shuffle performed on The Voice. If he wanted to breakaway from Cupid Shuffle why not do a different song 

But I do see your point if you look at his presence on the show alone 

Edited by VF333

21 minutes ago, VF333 said:

I agree that the song has had a big impact but I wouldn’t call him the most successful voice contestant of all time. 

Cupid shuffle was a song successful way before The Voice and it’s continued success isn’t to do with The Voice. I feel like most people who still listen to it aren’t even aware he was on The Voice. Cupids Shuffle was a one hit wonder so that song is the only measure of success 

Also it feels less like him auditioning for the show was less to do with the intention of winning rather a fun moment for the show to have Cupid Shuffle performed on The Voice. If he wanted to breakaway from Cupid Shuffle why not do a different song 

But I do see your point if you look at his presence on the show alone 

Oh yeah maybe I wasn’t being clear it’s not like people are looking for Cupid shuffle (the voice performance). It’s just a fun party song that happens to be played a lot. He’s not as successful as someone like Morgan wallen, but a lot of people know the Cupid shuffle and that can’t be said for any voice winners song.

• Like 1

I agree with the top 4 we got during season 17

Overall, it was not my favorite group of liveshow contestants we’ve ever seen and the live performances that season were overall kinda underwhelming. But in the end the finalists were the most consistent out of that batch

Now the result during the actual final on the other hand…  (a Rose and Jake top 2 would’ve been 🥲)

Edited by VF333

NGL, they should have a golden buzzer or something on the voice

Or like a button each coach gets only one chance to use where if they use it, the artist is automatically on their team

Not rly a fan of the blocks, trying to think of alternatives.

44 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

Or like a button each coach gets only one chance to use where if they use it, the artist is automatically on their team

That would be worse than the block. At least blocked artists have more than one option if they turn 3-4 chairs, golden buzzer contestants would never have a choice.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

An alternative is a button that would send an artist straight to the lives from the blinds, idk though if the coach would reveal that before or after being chosen, after would probably be better, but ig revealing before the artist makes a choice would entice the artists without forcing them to choose said coach

Edited by Anybody354