Song suggestion for Finalists (Upbeat+ Ballad + Duet with coach)

allistr

Lila Forde - People Help The People (Birdy)

Mac Royals - A House Is Not A Home (Luther Vandross)

BIAS - Hillbilly Deluxe (Brooks & Dunn)

Huntley - Redemption Song (Bob Marley)

Nini Iris - Young and Beautiful (Lana Del Rey)

Mara Justine - Ruby Tuesday (The Rolling Stones) - Melanie version

Ruby Leigh - A Broken Wing (Martina McBride)

Jacquie Roar - If I Were A Boy (Beyonce)

Jordan Rainer - DONE. (The Band Perry)

I'd honestly really like to hear Mara sing Summertime Sadness or Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey. And I think Lila needs to sing something more current. Perhaps Running Up That Hill (A Deal with God) by Kate Bush might be good for her to cover. I think she should also look into possibly singing Try, Bubbly, Fallin' for You or Realize by Colbie Caillat, A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, Willow, Delicate or Anti-Hero by Taylor Swift or Lights or Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding. As far as Nini is concerned, I think she should give strong consideration to singing Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones, Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by The Eurythmics, One by U2 or Sheryl Crow's version of Sweet Child O' Mine. That's all I have for right now.

Lila Forde - "Paranoia Purple" (YEBBA; Lizzy McAlpine version)

Mac Royals - "Ready for Love" (India.Arie)

Huntley - "Sharp Dressed Man" (ZZ Top)

Nini Iris - "Whipping Post" (The Allman Brothers Band)

Mara Justine - "Figures" (Jessie Reyes)

BIAS - "Delicate" (Damien Rice)

Ruby Leigh - "See You Again" (Carrie Underwood)

Jordan Rainer - "Always Be My Baby" (Mariah Carey; Anderson East version)

Jacquie Roar - "Up to the Mountain" (Patty Griffin)

Lila Forde- The Tradition by Halsey

Mac royals- Jealous by Labyrinth 

Bias- he seems to want to keep it Christian message orientated, which is great. So, I'm gonna say We could get a bed by Paul Brandt

Other two teams I have to think about 

Edited by seamaidencora

Alphabetically (Top 9 song / TRIO song --> IS song) :

• BIAS - "Nobody But You" (Blake Shelton & Gwen Stefani) or "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" (Bob Dylan) / TRIO w/Team Legend: "exile" (Taylor Swift ft. Bon Iver) --> IS: "Gratitude" (Brandon Lake) or "Thank God I Do" (Lauren Daigle) or "Amazing Grace" (Traditional).
  • Lila Forde - "Glory Box" (Portishead) or "I Miss You, I'm Sorry" (Gracie Abrams) / TRIO w/Team Gwen: "exile" (Taylor Swift ft. Bon Iver) --> IS: "Lover, Acoustic Piano Version" (Taylor Swift) or "A Case of You" or "River" (Joni Mitchell).
  • Huntley - "Three Little Birds" or "Redemption Song" (Bob Marley) / Team Niall TRIO: "Don't Blame Me" (Taylor Swift) --> IS: "Trouble" (Ray LaMontagne) or "Through the Valley" (Shawn James).
  • Nini Iris - 'Us" (Regina Spektor) or "Running Up That Hill" (Kate Bush) / Team Niall TRIO: "Don't Blame Me" (Taylor Swift) --> IS: "Welcome to the Black Parade" (MCR) or "Happier Than Ever" (Billie Eilish).
  • Mara Justine - "Bennie and the Jets" (Elton John) or "Only Love Can Hurt Like That" (Paloma Faith, Xmas Mix) / Team Niall TRIO: "Don't Blame Me" (Taylor Swift) --> IS: "Suspicious Minds" (Elvis Presley) or "Don't Speak" (No Doubt).
  • Ruby Leigh - "Walkin' After Midnight" (Patsy Cline) or "Stars" (Grace Potter & the Nocturnals) / Team Reba TRIO: "Mean" (Taylor Swift) --> IS: "Baby, Now that I Found You" (Alison Krauss & Union Station Version).
  • Jordan Rainer - "Down to the River to Pray" (Alison Krauss & Union Station Version) or "Wade in the Water" (Eva Cassidy Version) / Team Reba TRIO: "Mean" (Taylor Swift) --> IS: "This Town is Killing Me" (Caityn Smith) or "Trouble" (Ray LaMontagne).
  • Jacquie Roar - "Barracuda" or "Alone" (Heart) / Team Reba TRIO: "Mean" (Taylor Swift) --> IS: "Save Me" (Jelly Roll).
  • Mac Royals - "Hell N Back" (Bakar) / TRIO w/Team Gwen: "exile" (Taylor Swift ft. Bon Iver) --> IS: "Jealous" (Labrinth)

BIAS

Lila

Huntley

Nini

Mara

Ruby

Jordan

Jacque

Mac

TAYLOR TRIOS (Teams Gwen+John/Niall/Reba)

Edited by dirActing
Taylor Trios Amendment

Lila Forde - Blackbird (The Beatles) / Me and Bobby McGee (Janis Joplin)

Mac Royals - Jealous (Labrinth) / Stand By Me (Ben E. King)

BIAS - God Gave Me You (Blake Shelton) / I'll Fly Away (Alan Jackson version)

Huntley - Can't You See (The Marshall Tucker Band) / Dream On (Aerosmith)

Mara Justine - Gratitude (Brandon Lake) / Moon River (Audrey Hepburn)

Nini Iris - Zombies (The Cranberries) / Creep (Radiohead)

Jacquie Roar - Come Together (The Beatles) / Alone (Heart)

Jordan Rainer - Red Dirt Road (Brooks and Dunn) / Somebody (Reba McEntire)

Ruby Leigh - Bible and a 44 (Ashley McBryde) / Crazy (Patsy Cline)

TRIOS (Taylor Swift Songs):

BIAS, Mara, Ruby - Safe and Sound (ft The Civil Wars)
Huntley, Jacquie, Nini - Style
Jordan, Lila, Mac - Enchanted

Edited by season1

On 12/8/2023 at 11:34 PM, season1 said:

BIAS - God Gave Me You (Blake Shelton) / I'll Fly Away (Alan Jackson version)

I'm seeing the wisdom in this.  A popular country song with God in the title, and a Blake Shelton fans pleaser to boot.  If done well, and I don't see why not, would be hard for the Shelton voting contingent (that's still watching) to ignore.  The song is strongly associated with Miranda Lambert though, and while I don't see Gwen having too big of a problem with that, I could actually see Blake vetoing/advising against the choice in favor of "Nobody But You" (has a prominent God reference in the pre-chorus) instead.  And yes, I do believe, despite his public statements, that Blake is shadow advising Gwen this season (her strategy this season is very reminiscent of Blake's in the past, e.g. lives =  1 country singer + 1 teen + 1 AA R&B/Soul singer).  In any case, the two songs seem to be equally popular, 100M and 90M YT views respectively, and it might work in the latter song's favor that it is the more current song (but yet has been around long enough to be an established favorite among his fan base, and country fans in general). 

• Like 1

• allistr changed the title to Song suggestion for Finalists (Upbeat+ Ballad)
  • allistr changed the title to Song suggestion for Finalists (Upbeat+ Ballad + Duet with coach)
On 12/11/2023 at 4:26 PM, dirActing said:

I'm seeing the wisdom in this.  A popular country song with God in the title, and a Blake Shelton fans pleaser to boot.  If done well, and I don't see why not, would be hard for the Shelton voting contingent (that's still watching) to ignore.  The song is strongly associated with Miranda Lambert though, and while I don't see Gwen having too big of a problem with that, I could actually see Blake vetoing/advising against the choice in favor of "Nobody But You" (has a prominent God reference in the pre-chorus) instead.  And yes, I do believe, despite his public statements, that Blake is shadow advising Gwen this season (her strategy this season is very reminiscent of Blake's in the past, e.g. lives =  1 country singer + 1 teen + 1 AA R&B/Soul singer).  In any case, the two songs seem to be equally popular, 100M and 90M YT views respectively, and it might work in the latter song's favor that it is the more current song (but yet has been around long enough to be an established favorite among his fan base, and country fans in general). 

I just saw this comment; it's strange that I missed the notification. I don't know if Blake is advising Gwen behind the scenes but BIAS' song didn't do him any favors. It's too laid back for the semifinals, and does not have much impact either musically or message-wise.

I wish BIAS sang his IS song (Go Rest High on That Mountain) on Monday, instead of the Rascal Flatts song. He might have gotten the PV. 

3 hours ago, season1 said:

I just saw this comment; it's strange that I missed the notification. I don't know if Blake is advising Gwen behind the scenes but BIAS' song didn't do him any favors. It's too laid back for the semifinals, and does not have much impact either musically or message-wise.

I wish BIAS sang his IS song (Go Rest High on That Mountain) on Monday, instead of the Rascal Flatts song. He might have gotten the PV. 

Completely agree.  The Rascal Flatts song, while a very popular song, was the wrong song at the wrong time.  GRHOTM, on the other hand, would have been pretty much the perfect SF choice, and worked so much better for his voice too.  At keast he went out in a high with a good vocal.

Edited by dirActing
  • Like 1

Lila Forde

Upbeat: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper

Duet: Driver’s License by Olivia Rodrigo

Ballad: Piano Man by Billy Joel

Huntley

Upbeat: broken by lovelytheband

Duet: Let Her Go by Passenger

Ballad: The Show Must Go On by Queen

Mara Justine

Upbeat: Queen by Jessie J or Bennie and the Jets by Elton John

Duet: Rewrite the Stars from the greatest showman 

Ballad: ???

Jacquie Roar

Upbeat: You’ve Got Another Thing Coming by Judas Priest or Gone by Montgomery Gentry 

Duet: What Part of No by Lorrie Morgan 

Ballad: Malibu by Miley Cyrus or Traitor by Olivia Rodrigo

Ruby Leigh

Upbeat: ???

Duet: Already There by Lonestar

Ballad: Can You Feel The Love Tonight by Elton John or Drink a Beer by Luke Bryan

Lila Forde

Upbeat: I Love You Always Forever (Betty Who)

Ballad: Arithmetic (Brooke Fraser)

Duet: A Safe Place to Land (Sara Bareilles & John Legend)

Ruby Leigh

Upbeat: Wide Open Spaces (The Chicks)

Ballad: Strawberry Wine (Deana Carter)

Duet: Does He Love You (Reba McEntire & Dolly Parton)

Jacquie Roar

Upbeat: Nothing Breaks Like a Heart (Mark Ronson & Miley Cyrus)

Ballad: Me Without You (Jennifer Nettles)

Duet: Because of You (Kelly Clarkson & Reba McEntire)

Mara Justine

Upbeat: Little of Your Love (HAIM)

Ballad: Girl on Fire (Alicia Keys)

Duet: Minefields (Faouzia & John Legend)

Huntley

Upbeat: One Day (Matisyahu)

Ballad: The Sound of Silence (Disturbed)

Duet: Story of My Life (Boyce Avenue)

Huntley: 

Upbeat - Outshined (Soundgarden)

Ballad - Backstreets (Bruce Springsteen) 

Mara:

Upbeat - Rehab (Amy Winehouse)

Ballad - Spoiled (Joss Stone)

Ruby:

Upbeat - Honey, I´m Home (Shania Twain)

Ballad - Crazy (Patsy Cline)

Jacquie:

Upbeat: What´s Up (4 Non Blondes)

Ballad: The House That Built Me (Miranda Lambert) (Blake ain´t here no more)

Lila:

Upbeat: Alaska (Maggie Rogers)

Ballad: I Lost a Friend (FINNEAS)

• Like 1

Ahaha I read back what I suggested for the Top 9 (to copy and paste for Top 5) and I saw that I suggested "Alone" for Jacquie. I guess I have to think of another song for her because she already sang that one for her IS :haha:.

Edited by season1
  • Haha 1

Have only two.

For Lila - We've had several Eva Cassidy covers (mostly Songbird and Fields of Gold) by singers generally in the Lila -Alexa lanes. I think Eva's version of People Get Ready would be great for Lila's slow song.

For Huntley - His cover of Stand by Me would be a great slow song. RTV posted it in a concert vid in his thread.

• Like 1