The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

8 minutes ago, jem128 said:

I hope she posts a cover if it at some point. I’d have liked to hear her do it in the show, but presuming it would have been done in semis or finals, I think Til I Can Make It On My Own and She’s Got You probably worked better for the moment. Still bitter we got so few performances last season. 

I am hoping it is a girl that covered it this season, but I am excepting it to be a guy.

That’s the dilemma with a current song in a voting round. A lot of minivan probably hasn’t heard it. It’s probably a better song for a blind, but the song fits her really well. 

30 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Since the Luke Combs cover blew up for some reason, maybe we can finally get a cover of Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car"?

I always wondered why Wé McDonald didn’t sing that or give me one reason. She wasn’t my personal favorite but she had the perfect voice for that.

Edited by Jaffy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Why not? It's been performed a lot on international versions.

Ah, nevermind then. i don’t watch any of the international versions. I thought I read she wasn’t big on people covering her songs.

18 minutes ago, jem128 said:

Ah, nevermind then. i don’t watch any of the international versions. I thought I read she wasn’t big on people covering her songs.

I’m not sure if that stuff works differently internationally though. Ryley said they’re not allowed to do Yebba here but Arlo did Yebba on TVAU. I wonder if there are lwss restrictive laws in different countries regarding things like this?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jayshon said:

Yes she was

thank u for the support bestie did not expect that regarding Jershika LOL

11 hours ago, nytsch said:

Someone probably mentioned this before since this is far from the first discussion of Jershika’s vocals lmao but I think she was just vocally tired by the end, I’m pretty sure she can nail both of her finale songs but she just wasn’t at 100%

Also I agree Dana isn’t particularly unique and her song choices (other than Free Your Mind) could’ve stood out more, but she’s in the “good enough that it doesn’t matter” category to me, like who else since Kyla had such fabulously raspy powerhouse vocals? Kymberli on her best day maybe?

I didn’t like her SF that much so I’d rank Cam above her, and honestly probably Pia too, but she’s definitely still a highlight of that season imo.

Jershika’s pitch problems started well before the finale though lol?

hmm i thought Kymberli was consistently better than Dana. Dana reminded me of Megan Danielle a bit in that it seemed like in a lot of her performances she wasn’t actually reaching her full power (except Ko/Po). 

also I wouldn’t call Kyla’s vocals raspy, although she had some texture to her voice it was more in line with growls than rasp imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Huh? Have they ever filed a top 48 so fast.. not me thinking it’s even less than a top 40 this season 💀 

No, there’s usually one taping that gets very few turns, esp. the afternoons (2 chair turns vs. 4 no-chairs)

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Huh? Have they ever filed a top 48 so fast.. not me thinking it’s even less than a top 40 this season 💀 

If the Blinds are scheduled for the full week, it's likely forty-eight, not forty.  Next season is probably forty, though.

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

Jershika’s pitch problems started well before the finale though lol?

hmm i thought Kymberli was consistently better than Dana. Dana reminded me of Megan Danielle a bit in that it seemed like in a lot of her performances she wasn’t actually reaching her full power (except Ko/Po). 

also I wouldn’t call Kyla’s vocals raspy, although she had some texture to her voice it was more in line with growls than rasp imo.

Yeah I mean also tbf I don't think vocal tiredness can explain it all since she was inconsistent rather than entirely downhill, but I'd say those performances + Break Every Chain made it most obvious

I'd probably also include Dana's BA in that which makes it like half of her performances since the season was so short lol - also that battle song choice was just Nick being Nick (although you could argue that Kymberli's battle song was a dud and she still made it work)

The only Kymberli performance I'd put on Dana's KO/PO level is Break Every Chain.

Edited by nytsch

3 hours ago, nytsch said:

Yeah I mean also tbf I don't think vocal tiredness can explain it all since she was inconsistent rather than entirely downhill, but I'd say those performances + Break Every Chain made it most obvious

I'd probably also include Dana's BA in that which makes it like half of her performances since the season was so short lol - also that battle song choice was just Nick being Nick (although you could argue that Kymberli's battle song was a dud and she still made it work)

The only Kymberli performance I'd put on Dana's KO/PO level is Break Every Chain.

yeah i mean i got caught up in the moment but Jershika’s break every chain was very problematic technically. it’s actually quite shocking that she won the instant save with that…

hmm i remember thinking for Dana’s first two performances that her biggest notes were coincidentally bandzillad a bit so i found it hard to be as impressed even tho i knew she was hitting good notes. she’s definitely good but idk… although tbh it’s not like i enjoyed that many contestants that season… didn’t like cam much, really it was just rachel gihanna of the people who went far who i liked.

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

also fair on Kymberlis break every chain being the only one as good as Dana’s best but also Kymberlis performance is imo an all timer whereas Dana’s weren’t. and i think Kymberli was consistently great even in less flashy songs

Imo Kymberli could probably sing “Nutbush City Limits” and “Free Your Mind” almost or just as well but I don’t think Dana would have done well on “Run To You” or “The Middle”

18 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Imo Kymberli could probably sing “Nutbush City Limits” and “Free Your Mind” almost or just as well but I don’t think Dana would have done well on “Run To You” or “The Middle”

hmm yeah i suspect Kymberli wouldn’t surpass her but certainly i agree with the general point that Kymberli is prob more versatile. run to you was great, would’ve been cool to see her do more like that on the show

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

hmm yeah i suspect Kymberli wouldn’t surpass her but certainly i agree with the general point that Kymberli is prob more versatile. run to you was great, would’ve been cool to see her do more like that on the show

Kymberli also made "Mercy" work in a way that I doubt that Dana would've.

10 hours ago, Rodney said:

It's a country song, so I can't see the artist picking any of the others unless John, Gwen, or Niall pitched REALLY hard for him or her.

It's in the country-folk zone. It'll be interesting to see where they take it.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1

As of right now all taping dates for the voice are still up. Given how much they scheduled this summer, and the fact that they were fine with having blinds in July, my suspicion has always been that the SAG strike wouldn't impact the voice filming. 

As an aside Gwen is also almost certainly a SAG member along with Reba and John and Carson, as she has been nominated for a SAG award. But this contract might only be for movies and scripted TV work. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, seak05 said:

As of right now all taping dates for the voice are still up. Given how much they scheduled this summer, and the fact that they were fine with having blinds in July, my suspicion has always been that the SAG strike wouldn't impact the voice filming. 

As an aside Gwen is also almost certainly a SAG member along with Reba and John and Carson, as she has been nominated for a SAG award. But this contract might only be for movies and scripted TV work. 

I hope you’re right. I have seen enough mention of it to think it may be effected but definitely not enough to be certain. I don’t think they would have removed any tapings at this point regardless, though. The strike isn’t even fully official yet (I think I saw it would be voted on later this morning and the decision announced at 3pm eastern) and it’s always possible it gets resolved quickly and prior to any other scheduled tapings with the exception of tomorrows blinds, so I think they’d all remain on the calendar for now either way. 

Edited by jem128
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Honestly Kymberli did fine on The Middle but I don’t think the song (at least in its original arrangement) really fits her voice so I never could enjoy it that much? Agree with your general point I just gravitate more towards the big flashy performances for that type of singer.