songs covered that have always given us great performances?

Hsamid

Somebody to love. James Wolpert did a good job. Omar did a fantastic job. Jordan just took it to another level.

Summertime. Emily, Thunderstorm, and Kim all slayed this

Tennessee Whiskey? I don't think any version was bad.

Not necessarily a song but I find that battles between male and female RnB singers usually wind up being great (ex. Casme vs Rio, Mark vs Celeste, Durell vs Zania, Rayshun vs Tish, Trevin vs Amanda)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Not necessarily a song but I find that battles between male and female RnB singers usually wind up being great (ex. Casme vs Rio, Mark vs Celeste, Durell vs Zania, Rayshun vs Tish, Trevin vs Amanda)

The glaring exception I can think of is Mandi vs CammWess but I like to pretend that never happened.

34 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Somebody to love. James Wolpert did a good job. Omar did a fantastic job. Jordan just took it to another level.

Summertime. Emily, Thunderstorm, and Kim all slayed this

Tennessee Whiskey? I don't think any version was bad.

I think summertime is the only one so far I can say all the performances were great. 

Tennessee Whiskey's track record is impressive though with how overdone it's been. 

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

a case of you

Honestly, yes. For a song that´s so iconic and marked by Joni´s signature voice, I find every cover that has been done on the show solid at the very least. No one has collapsed with it. (That I know of). 

I´m thinking James W, Addison, Madi Davis, JB Somers, all did great. 

Edited by Misirlou

It´s a very safe pick, but Have You Ever Seen the Rain has also always given us solid performances, and yes, I´m including Jim and Sasha. Easily their best from the lives.

In the same nature I would have said Let it Be, but Tamara choked, so close but no cigar. 

32 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

GNT’s river doesn’t belong on this list.. that supposed whistle note was not good!

I don’t think it was meant to be a whistle note, just normal head voice. And I don’t hear anything wrong with it 🤷‍♂️

edit: also i knew you were going to respond and say something about GNT lol so I’m not trying to argue here, we’ll never agree.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I don’t think it was meant to be a whistle note, just normal head voice. And I don’t hear anything wrong with it 🤷‍♂️

edit: also i knew you were going to respond and say something about GNT lol so I’m not trying to argue here, we’ll never agree.

i won’t lie they have some excellent performances (blind, knockout, dust in the wind), but im very confused why river is typically included in that list. not being a hater just to be a hater i genuinely just don’t think it was good?

9 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i won’t lie they have some excellent performances (blind, knockout, dust in the wind), but im very confused why river is typically included in that list. not being a hater just to be a hater i genuinely just don’t think it was good?

bestie ur taste is just getting worst & worst. 

after u ranking Kason's BA so high, can't take you seriously no more.

Edited by jarmon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

13 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I thought they were kinda equally good in that performance whereas in some other performances Bekah carried it. I liked how they worked together and especially Joshua’s solo parts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

Ain’t no way

Idk. Davon Fleming's version had some impressive vocal moments but as a whole I wouldn't say it was a great performance. Some might argue it wasn't even good.

• Like 1

Just now, Hsamid said:

Idk. Davon Fleming's version had some impressive vocal moments but as a whole I wouldn't say it was a great performance. Some might argue it wasn't even good.

It was pretty bad, tbh.

Hannah's version was not great, either. Probably the worst one, and i'm saying this as a fan of her.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, nytsch said:

When I Was Your Man

Dancing On My Own

Danny’s Song (although maybe not Dylan Hartigan…)

I dont think Jeremy rosado's rendition was good.. not bad per se, but riddled with too many pitch issues.

And Britton's IS had some few off-key notes in pivotal moments, and in general his belts sounded very forced. Ik we probably won't agree on this one though.

Don't remember enough renditions of Danny's song to comment lol.