The Voice 🔴 S26 🔴 Spoilers/News/Updates -Snoop Dogg,Michael Bublé,Reba,Gwen

Someone648

18 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

To be fair, what other coach did bring new viewers to this show ?

Niall and Reba. I don't know if other (recently) new coaches did bring any ratings.

Even Kelly didn't bring much ratings to the show during her debut season. Her personality grew on viewers a lot, though, so she did bring up ratings in her later seasons.

• Like 1

Regarding availability gaps:

Kelsea Ballerini: Open Jun. 8-Jun 27; Jun 30- Jul. 13; Jul. 15 onward is open.

If Kelsea's in, John, Niall, and Gwen are all still on the table.

• Like 4

Kelsea is like the female version of Dan + Shay in my opinion. They are not really that famous, both country/pop, had experience with the show before. 

So... if we have both Kelsea and Dan + Shay on the panel, it would be very weird, even when Reba opts out and Dan + Shay become a full country team. This season Reba is supposed to be the country coach while Dan + Shay representing the pop route, but eventually Reba has Asher, who is out of her genre, and Dan + Shay have Karen and Tae, who are fully country.

My guess is that Dan + Shay and Kelsea would rotate if Kelsea joins. To be honest, I'm seeing a John/Kelsea/Meghan/someone new panel. We've never have 3 new coaches in 1 season before so... let's see.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

Kelsea is like the female version of Dan + Shay in my opinion. They are not really that famous, both country/pop, had experience with the show before. 

So... if we have both Kelsea and Dan + Shay on the panel, it would be very weird, even when Reba opts out and Dan + Shay become a full country team. This season Reba is supposed to be the country coach while Dan + Shay representing the pop route, but eventually Reba has Asher, who is out of her genre, and Dan + Shay have Karen and Tae, who are fully country.

My guess is that Dan + Shay and Kelsea would rotate if Kelsea joins. To be honest, I'm seeing a John/Kelsea/Meghan/someone new panel. We've never have 3 new coaches in 1 season before so... let's see.

Meghan Trainor’s husband Daryl Sabara is pretty close up top on Kelsea’s Instagram following list….

Edited by Mathacoo200315
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

No offense to the artists, but getting a bit tired of the "low profile" coaches even if they end up doing a decent/good job like Dan & Shay, like seriously, Kelsea Ballerini as coach is really trying to scrap the bottom of the barrell of "famous artists", just how hard is for NBC to reach out a big name or legend status artist that wouldn't cost them a kidney to sign? there are sooo many out there so why they keep signing these minor artists while paying around 13 million for John just so he can finish in 5th or 4th place every season? i don't need any "trendy" new artist, bring me some veteran names from the 2000's or early 2010's, or some 90's/80's legends. 

Not to mention the list of former coaches we all want to see back, i would love to see Pharrell or Jhud back, and i know people here have a hate-boner but i would gladly bring back Adam specially to see how he would perform without Blake ruining his chances everytime.

Edited by Shinuki
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Meghan Trainor’s husband Daryl Sabara is pretty close up top on Kelsea’s Instagram following list….

Who is married to Meghan?!  The former Spy Kid?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shinuki said:

No offense to the artists, but getting a bit tired of the "low profile" coaches even if they end up doing a decent/good job like Dan & Shay, like seriously, Kelsea Ballerini as coach is really trying to scrap the bottom of the barrell of "famous artists", just how hard is for NBC to reach out a big name or legend status artist that wouldn't cost them a kidney to sign? there are sooo many out there so why they keep signing these minor artists while paying around 13 million for John just so he can finish in 5th or 4th place every season? i don't need any "trendy" new artist, bring me some veteran names from the 2000's or early 2010's, or some 90's/80's legends. 

Not to mention the list of former coaches we all want to see back, i would love to see Pharrell or Jhud back, and i know people here have a hate-boner but i would gladly bring back Adam specially to see how he would perform without Blake ruining his chances everytime.

I agree. This position is expected to have big names in music who has like 10+ years of experience. Back to 7 years ago people were furious that Miley was announced as a coach but they kept forgetting that Miley herself already had 10 years in the industry at the age of 24. 

I remember Ellie Lawrence were salty that she had Selena Gomez as a Battle round mentor, and the Gwen season after that they had Celine Dion. 

I think what they really care is ratings and also believe that sometimes those "low profile" celebrities' team has approached NBC for a possible spot, and TPTB can happily make a deal out of it. The celebrity can get a career revival (as Adam and Xtina experienced), and the show can cut budgets.

• Like 1

If this happens, it’s no problem for me

obviously, not living in the USA, I don't know her at all (I discovered her the first time when she replaced Kelly) but as I say every time, newness is good

then many criticized the choice of Chance as not much known, more budget but in the end, despite the choices of his first season, a lot of viewers appreciated him, he even came back thanks to that 😅

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shinuki said:

I think thats because the 80s and 90s artists don't want to do these types of shows because most of them don't produce a star so they don't see a point in doing a show that won't produce a star

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

I agree. This position is expected to have big names in music who has like 10+ years of experience. Back to 7 years ago people were furious that Miley was announced as a coach but they kept forgetting that Miley herself already had 10 years in the industry at the age of 24. 

I remember Ellie Lawrence were salty that she had Selena Gomez as a Battle round mentor, and the Gwen season after that they had Celine Dion. 

I think what they really care is ratings and also believe that sometimes those "low profile" celebrities' team has approached NBC for a possible spot, and TPTB can happily make a deal out of it. The celebrity can get a career revival (as Adam and Xtina experienced), and the show can cut budgets.

Ya you got a point there 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aj_runstar said:

I think thats because the 80s and 90s artists don't want to do these types of shows because most of them don't produce a star so they don't see a point in doing a show that won't produce a star

Hum bestie, for the right amount of money, they would all agree to sit in a red chair and listen to decent music :dead:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, AliXRose said:

Hum bestie, for the right amount of money, they would all agree to sit in a red chair and listen to decent music :dead:

Good point but how much would the right amount of money be for them do you think?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

I think Meghan is going to idol to replace Katy Perry unless nbc offers her more 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Yeah this. None of them care if the show produces stars or not. :dead: If the money is good and it fits in their schedule then most of them would totally do it.

• Like 2

I looked at Hozier’s tour schedule and it has some interesting gaps that could possibly coincide with filming for The Voice. I actually would LOVE him to be a coach, I feel like he’s “big enough” to be a coach while not being too expensive and would bring a unique “flavor” to the panel.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jayshon said:

So we’re getting coach news on Monday confirmed? Or was that just speculation .

Confirmed

NBC's Fall Lineup Is All About 'Stability' Following Strikes (adweek.com)

“We’re announcing who the fall coaches will be on Monday,” Bader(1) says when asked if Happy’s Place will impact the singer’s [Reba] Voice commitments. “Stay tuned.”

(1)Jeff Bader, NBCUniversal Entertainment’s president of program planning strategy

• Like 2

I wouldn’t consider Dan + Shay or Kelsea ballerini as minor celebrities. Dan + Shay have lost some momentum but they were not that long ago one of the bigger country artists. Kelsea is also one of the more popular country females so I think that would be a good catch.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Wait is it possible Kelsea is on s27 not 26 if they’re filming back to back??

Could be possible, but not sure if they’re doubling up again. Would be another headache for sure lol

Also worth noting Kelsea’s post clarified July to September, nothing about June…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Could be possible, but not sure if they’re doubling up again. Would be another headache for sure lol

Also worth noting Kelsea’s post clarified July to September, nothing about June…

Last year iirc they did filming in July (but that might have been later than usual).