Alanis Morrisette should replace Katy Perry next season

JONNYSBRO

I have to say I absolutely loved Alanis last night in the judges chair. She gave all the contestants great critiques and pointers. She was mostly positive but I loved her feedback. I love how she told Wei Ani not to make it so perfect. I also loved her not giving endless standing ovations and telling everyone they are a star. Alanis performance was amazing last night as I was taken back into the 90s. I can't believe she's almost 50. ABC should ditch Katy Perry next season and bring Alanis as the female judge. Anyone else agree?

• Like 2

If anything, I'd be here for a new set of judges. Katy is probably the best of the 3 existing ones - the 3 of them also have great chemistry, so I'm not sure if Alanis replacing just Katy would work. Maybe her with 2 new judges would be interesting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JONNYSBRO said:

I have to say I absolutely loved Alanis last night in the judges chair. She gave all the contestants great critiques and pointers. She was mostly positive but I loved her feedback. I love how she told Wei Ani not to make it so perfect. I also loved her not giving endless standing ovations and telling everyone they are a star. Alanis performance was amazing last night as I was taken back into the 90s. I can't believe she's almost 50. ABC should ditch Katy Perry next season and bring Alanis as the female judge. Anyone else agree?

I really enjoyed watching Alanis Morisette as one of the guest judges, too and would not mind her becoming a regular judge at all. For me, at least, it was just such a refreshing change of pace to watch both Alanis and Ed instead of Katy and Lionel. And while new judges might not ultimately make the show that much better, I really don't think a new judging panel would be a bad thing at this point in time.

Edited by Winterfan

I don’t think new judges are going to be any different than the line-up we have now.

The days of the judges being rude are in the past, and ABC Idol has branded itself as the nice, Disney family version of Idol.

If they really wanted the judges to be more blunt and offer honest advice, they’d have told them to do so by now given that we’re six seasons in with this line-up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

^^^^ NO MORE NEW JUDGES DANGIT. lol 

What I mean is. NO to replacing Katy. 2. I like the panel the way it is. Nothing will top it. Must be how SEASON ONERS thought of the OG's. lol

Yeah I am perfectly content with the panel as well. Luke/Katy/Lionel are fully a part of the Idol brand now. If they took them all away, the show would likely feel completely different and people would start to complain.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2023 at 12:15 PM, xfactor22 said:

Tbh I’d love all three judges replaced with Alanis taking Katy’s spot. I suppose @*Wallace and @Elliott could take

the other judges spot. It would make an entertaining panel at the very least.

Second thought: while I like Alanis, another idea would be to have @1234567890 join the judging panel with @Elliott and @*Wallace . Now I’d definitely love to see how that would go