American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

good thing Abi's spot in the Finale is pretty much all but guaranteed given the fact that she is entirely in a lane of her own + she will likely benefit most from the theme! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, m1key said:

good thing Abi's spot in the Finale is pretty much all but guaranteed given the fact that she is entirely in a lane of her own + she will likely benefit most from the theme! 

I see you took the bait with that confused emoji. :haha:

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, m1key said:

I don't think there are any locks this season as it's actually competitive. Abi could miss the F3 if she has an off night while Triston or Emmy overperform. The judges are really leaning on Abi showing off her stage presence and if Abi is not careful, she could deliver a performance that is too flashy without enough vocal oomph, and that could get her booted on Sunday. Another My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark, which was tied for the lowest FB reacts of the night with Emmy's Water Under The Bridge, could get Abi in trouble. While the Disney theme suits her more than the other contestants, she is still not a lock. It will come down to performance quality.

Edited by MalwareDie

1 hour ago, m1key said:

I don't think Disney benefits anyone in particular.

• Like 1

Personally, I'm worried about what Abi's uptempo pick is because she will almost certainly be doing another uptempo as one of her choices, and I hope it's a song she connects with that isn't way outside what the core demographic of the show would listen to as it's not a given that she'll be in the Top 3.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

y’all stressing too much over a limited ass theme that will hardly allow anyone to have a big breakout game changer moment. take a look at last season:

wé: into the unknown + the climb (two of disneys most recognizable brands in frozen and hannah montana)

megan: you can’t stop the girl from freaking bebe rehxa (LMAO) and carry me with you from onward aka pixar biggest box office failure of all time.

guess who made finale? LOL. it’s gonna come down to the quality of the performances/established fan bases. i don’t see a scenario where the 3 males get the three public votes (it can happen ig but we never had an ABC finale of contestants from the same sex so i find it unlikely) and i don’t think emmy will deliver vocally so i’m not too worried about abi. i trust her enough atp and since we pretty much already know one of her songs if she got her way (when she loved me), i don’t see how she can f*ck that one up. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

😅

Hey, it could happen if Kane Brown defies the producers and tells Triston that the judges have been trying to set up his elimination for weeks with bad advice, and  the kid does something as good as his Top 20 performance.

I know When She Loved Me will most likely be a huge hit on the piano with voters, but that doesn't mean Abi's uptempo song choice will land with viewers, and it will need to if Emmy or Triston do anything remotely serviceable to show that they are competing with the rest.

Edited by MalwareDie

4 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

Hey, it could happen if Kane Brown defies the producers and tells Triston that the judges have been trying to set up his elimination for weeks with bad advice, and  the kid does something as good as his Top 20 performance.

I don't think production or judges are trying to get Triston eliminated. They clearly want him in the finale IMO. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MalwareDie said:

I don't think there are any locks this season as it's actually competitive. Abi could miss the F3 if she has an off night while Triston or Emmy overperform. The judges are really leaning on Abi showing off her stage presence and if Abi is not careful, she could deliver a performance that is too flashy without enough vocal oomph, and that could get her booted on Sunday. Another My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark, which was tied for the lowest FB reacts of the night with Emmy's Water Under The Bridge, could get Abi in trouble. While the Disney theme suits her more than the other contestants, she is still not a lock. It will come down to performance quality.

23 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

y’all stressing too much over a limited ass theme that will hardly allow anyone to have a big breakout game changer moment. take a look at last season:

wé: into the unknown + the climb (two of disneys most recognizable brands in frozen and hannah montana)

megan: you can’t stop the girl from freaking bebe rehxa (LMAO) and carry me with you from onward aka pixar biggest box office failure of all time.

guess who made finale? LOL. it’s gonna come down to the quality of the performances/established fan bases. i don’t see a scenario where the 3 males get the three public votes (it can happen ig but we never had an ABC finale of contestants from the same sex so i find it unlikely) and i don’t think emmy will deliver vocally so i’m not too worried about abi. i trust her enough atp and since we pretty much already know one of her songs if she got her way (when she loved me), i don’t see how she can f*ck that one up. 

While I agree that Abi might not be a 100% lock, the odds are against her failing to make the finale.  As Wildestinvegas noted, Abi planned on doing “When She Loved Me” if she made it to Disney week (and she did), and that song would fit her like a glove.  And I trust Abi’s ability to make a good enough song choice that will get her into the finale.  Also, I think that Emmy needs to be outstanding to even have a shot, while I think that Triston is too green to do anything serviceable enough to get into the finale.  Also, if Triston is serviceable enough, it might actually hurt Jack more than Abi as he too isn’t a lock.

Edited by CarmenSandiego
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

I don't think production or judges are trying to get Triston eliminated. They clearly want him in the finale IMO. 

I don't agree with that. They do not want to risk Triston's bout with homelessness and domestic abuse story overriding anything about performance quality during the finale. Idol's core demographic, what some of you refer to as minivan, would eat up Triston's story and anoint him as their chosen victor 'cause they feel sorry for him. It happened with Lee DeWyze, who gave the worst set of finale performances ever but still won because Simon's constant portrayal of him being a humble paint salesman who deserved a break even though he was a terrible contestant. Simon Cowell is still the only celebrity I've ever cancelled because of the blatant unprofessionalism of trying to kill off a competitor to his show, The X-Factor, while he was a judge on said show.

Edited by MalwareDie

6 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

This is probably the only time in my life when I might actually support Hitler!

You heard it here first Abi fans support Hitler cancel her! This is the May surprise!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, wildestinvegas said:

Agreed. I think he's one of the one's production wants in the finale. Also, last week on FB a Triston fan said he reminds him of Scotty when he was on the show & they should sing together. Idol posted back they would make a good pairing which could happen at the finale.

1 hour ago, wildestinvegas said:

Onward was only a huge box office failure because it opened right as the pandemic happened and everything shut down. It would have done well if that hadn't happened.

• Like 1

If you do not see there plan to get Abi into the final then i do not know what to say. With Julia and McKinna both gone There is no other girl to vote for that people don't see as country. Emmy is not true country but this week the country singers will not have a true country song to sing. Ever since Auditions they have went out of there way to get Abi into the final. I mean Luke said it right at her Audition that this may be the winner and got people excited for her. Now that they weeded out the others who are like her she has no problem getting into the final. Will most likely will win. If the final 2 are Abi and Will the country vote is not going to stop him from winning. If the final 2 are Abi and anyone else then she has a shot.

Apparently, Abi's father indicated on Youtube that Abi was singing in the womb according to their obstetrician.

@wtcarter2
13 hours ago
What a great tribute! I hope your wish is granted!

Abi has had a burning desire to sing her entire life. Heck! Even before she was born! Our obstetrician, who had delivered thousands of babies, took off his headphones during Abi's sonogram and said "I've heard everything, but I've never heard this. Your daughter is SINGING!"

Abi comes from a singing family. Her parents and grandparents include several amateur singers, choir directors, and piano players (church mostly). Mom has a beautiful voice and was singing constantly while Abi was in gestation. We watched American Idol together when it debuted in 2002. Abi was listening and learning and was born a month later. American Idol became a staple in our home for years to come.

But pushing all that amniotic fluid around did a number on Abi's vocal cords! Early on, it wasn't apparent that she would ever have an angelic voice. But she kept singing and had AMAZING control. I told her: "You have a broken instrument, but you play it beautifully!"

Well, thank God, that instrument ain't broken anymore!

• Like 3

i'm sure if/when Triston leaves Sunday it's going to be treated as a huge shock elimination (which makes sense). TPTB love him, all of the contestants predict/hope he will win, and he still has a core fanbase, so we will be in for some large reactions everywhere besides here and Reddit lol:dead:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

Apparently, Abi's father indicated on Youtube that Abi was singing in the womb according to their obstetrician.

@wtcarter2
13 hours ago
What a great tribute! I hope your wish is granted!

Abi has had a burning desire to sing her entire life. Heck! Even before she was born! Our obstetrician, who had delivered thousands of babies, took off his headphones during Abi's sonogram and said "I've heard everything, but I've never heard this. Your daughter is SINGING!"

Abi comes from a singing family. Her parents and grandparents include several amateur singers, choir directors, and piano players (church mostly). Mom has a beautiful voice and was singing constantly while Abi was in gestation. We watched American Idol together when it debuted in 2002. Abi was listening and learning and was born a month later. American Idol became a staple in our home for years to come.

But pushing all that amniotic fluid around did a number on Abi's vocal cords! Early on, it wasn't apparent that she would ever have an angelic voice. But she kept singing and had AMAZING control. I told her: "You have a broken instrument, but you play it beautifully!"

Well, thank God, that instrument ain't broken anymore!

i did a google search and Abi's father is named William T. Carter so it matches with that username.

that's a beautiful story ❤️ surprised it hasn't been mentioned already by her Mom or herself

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, m1key said:

i'm sure if/when Triston leaves Sunday it's going to be treated as a huge shock elimination (which makes sense). TPTB love him, all of the contestants predict/hope he will win, and he still has a core fanbase, so we will be in for some large reactions everywhere besides here and Reddit lol:dead:

I don't think TPTB love him. They have been trying for weeks to get Triston to give them Elvis energy when he's not comfortable doing that, and the quality of his performances has nosedived as he followed their instructions. This gyrating shit is not working at all. The judges have turned Triston from a guaranteed winner to a fifth-placer with their "advice".

Edited by MalwareDie

17 minutes ago, m1key said:

i did a google search and Abi's father is named William T. Carter so it matches with that username.

that's a beautiful story ❤️ surprised it hasn't been mentioned already by her Mom or herself

she has a cover with her mom on youtube but it's from like when she was an early teenager. they sound pretty good together tho