American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

25 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

At this point, it appears as though Kayko will stay on top for FB likes on his performance video.

Should he now be viewed as a contender? 

no, there is likely inflation involved

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. It made her less likable and less relatable in that moment. 

Let's be real, you have never really come off as a fan of Abi's, but you are definitely grasping at straws here. Whether you personally like the quality of her voice or not, she was obviously making a point that she lacked exposure as a child to that type of music because of her family's beliefs at the time. Considering she has covered multiple songs from all different genres including My Chem Romance she clearly does not think that way herself. It seemed to me that she got along wonderfully with Gene. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

True, but she’s not one of the “it girls.”

I actually don’t dislike the it girls. McKenna has long been a favorite of mine, I had Abi ranked fairly high in my top 14 preference ranking, and KB seems fine, even though I’m not into her tone. 

Oh, I didn’t know that. I thought she’d be more popular on here. 🥲 

I love all three of them! They had a bit of a weak showing last night, but I’m sure they’ll improve. 

8 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

Let's be real, you have never really come off as a fan of Abi's, but you are definitely grasping at straws here. Whether you personally like the quality of her voice or not, she was obviously making a point that she lacked exposure as a child to that type of music because of her family's beliefs at the time. Considering she has covered multiple songs from all different genres including My Chem Romance she clearly does not think that way herself. It seemed to me that she got along wonderfully with Gene. 

I don't really think her making that comment meant anything or impacted her likeability in any way. 

I'm just here to say I think she's incredibly talented, but I feel like she is a little boring and I get the vibe from her that she's one of those "I know how good I am" type of performers. 

42 minutes ago, AuntTami said:

Let’s be real, you’re more than a little biased. Which is understandable, if you’re actually her aunt. 

I understand what she meant, but it would have been best unsaid, IMO. 

29 minutes ago, rockerannah said:

I don't really think her making that comment meant anything or impacted her likeability in any way. 

I'm just here to say I think she's incredibly talented, but I feel like she is a little boring and I get the vibe from her that she's one of those "I know how good I am" type of performers. 

For what it's worth, I guarantee you that is not the case. She really is a humble and kind person who cares deeply for the other performers. She legit is just a girl who was playing on the streets of Indio a year ago with 200 followers and is doing the craziest thing now. She is choosing songs that she personally connects with and some have landed better than others, but I guess that's part of the process of figuring out what type of performer she wants to be. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Oh, I didn’t know that. I thought she’d be more popular on here. 🥲 

I love all three of them! They had a bit of a weak showing last night, but I’m sure they’ll improve. 

She’s the right gender, but wrong genre, so I don’t think she’ll ever achieve “it girl” status here. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, AuntTami said:

Also, here’s a copy of my preference ranking from last week. I’m not sure I’ve reached “fan” status, but I like her more than everyone below her. 🤷‍♂️ 

Some of her fans make it very difficult, though. 

I don’t usually do these rankings, but here we go:

1. Will 

2 McKenna 

3. Triston

4. Abi

5. Mia

6. Roman 

7. Jayna 

8. Emmy

9. Jack

10. Nya

11. Julia

12. Kayko

13. KB

14. Jordan 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

At this point, it appears as though Kayko will stay on top for FB likes on his performance video.

Should he now be viewed as a contender? 

Probably not.  People always want to see someone go nuts.  🤭

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Also, here’s a copy of my preference ranking from last week. I’m not sure I’ve reached “fan” status, but I like her more than everyone below her. 🤷‍♂️ 

Some of her fans make it very difficult, though. 

I don’t usually do these rankings, but here we go:

1. Will 

2 McKenna 

3. Triston

4. Abi

5. Mia

6. Roman 

7. Jayna 

8. Emmy

9. Jack

10. Nya

11. Julia

12. Kayko

13. KB

14. Jordan 

I’m guilty as charged for making it difficult for you to like Abi.  I’m very passionate about my favorites and can be quite competitive on their behalf.  Don’t believe me?  In 1992, I was rooting for a gymnast named Kim Zmeskal, and my orthodontist preferred Shannon Miller.  I actually made a bet that if Kim beat Shannon, he’d buy me ice cream, but if Shannon beat Kim, I’d buy him ice cream.  I lost and gave him a coupon for an ice cream shop — and he’d forgotten all about the bet!  ☺️

22 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

11 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Probably not.  People always want to see someone go nuts.  🤭

I do believe it’s just a one time thing…crazy performance in the pimp spot that draws a lot of attention, and maybe a few extra votes this week. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Adam is the better vocalist but I prefer Kris 🤷‍♂️

Truth. Kris has aged vocally like fine wine though. Gotten better and stronger with age. lmao

Also. It's a merit of AI's biases. No slight or shade but they've obviously promoted Adam's stuff way more and given him more promo because of his success with Queen.

Take Queen out of the equation? He's had some Billboard hits and sold platinum or gold a few times.

Adam is the Whataya Want From Me Singer. Kris is the Live Like We're Dying singer.

But 15 years into the music industry?

Kris is a mere blip whereas anything Adam gets is gold. I'm a biased Kris fan and while Adam's talent warrants it... I still think Kris has gotten the Idol promo shaft.

lol i love reading these posts. I like a number of contestants even though i am close to 1 of them lol. You can't point to a post anywhere that i show Emmy myself as totally over the top about emmy in posts. But as i said at the beginning you can tell she wants to be a song writer / Singer. She sings a lot better by herself then in front of people. I am sure everyone can see the nerves every minute she is on stage. But again i root and vote for her plus if i like someone else and i do like Abi and KB as well and i vote for people some who had a good night IMO. I just do not care for any of the guys this season but as always i am sure one of them will win.

Edited by Emmyfan
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

lol i love reading these posts. I like a number of contestants even though i am close to 1 of them lol. You can't point to a post anywhere that i show Emmy myself as totally over the top about emmy in posts. But as i said at the beginning you can tell she wants to be a song writer / Singer. She sings a lot better by herself then in front of people. I am sure everyone can see the nerves every minute she is on stage. But again i root and vote for her plus if i like someone else and i do like Abi and KB as well and i vote for people some who had a good night IMO. I just do not care for any of the guys this season but as always i am sure one of them will win.

What about the April Surprise Idol Maniac has hinted about that is yet to come? It could change the trajectory of the competition.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

What about the April Surprise Idol Maniac has hinted about that is yet to come? It could change the trajectory of the competition.

I doubt there is a April surprise that was scripted long ago. It is going to go as it always does. The guys left are fan girl favs or country lol i do not see them going. I think if 2 go home this week it will be 2 girls. If Abi or KB or Emmy go home i do not think that is a surprise. I doubt there is any WC's coming for the judges those are done with. What would it take for that to be right? Other then Will or Triston going home none of the others would be a surprise to me. So what would it take for that to be true?

5 minutes ago, Emmyfan said:

I doubt there is a April surprise that was scripted long ago. It is going to go as it always does. The guys left are fan girl favs or country lol i do not see them going. I think if 2 go home this week it will be 2 girls. If Abi or KB or Emmy go home i do not think that is a surprise. I doubt there is any WC's coming for the judges those are done with. What would it take for that to be right? Other then Will or Triston going home none of the others would be a surprise to me. So what would it take for that to be true?

The April Surprise is a scandal regarding a couple of male contestants. Idol Maniac has changed his mind about posting it, but since I already have the details, I will be posting it instead. ABC has no idea what is coming.

Edited by MalwareDie

1 minute ago, MalwareDie said:

The April Surprise is a scandal regarding a couple of male contestants. Idol Maniac has changed his mind about posting it, but since I already have the details, I will be posting it instead. ABC has no idea what is coming.

Okay, spill.

8 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

Yeah I'm highly skeptical that this is anything but feel free to prove me wrong I guess.

• Like 2