American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

It’s worth noting that Triston is only 15 and is probably just parroting whatever he’s heard his family say. From what Ryan said on Kelly and Mark today, Triston and his mom have experienced homelessness and we all know how Trump pretends to be for poor people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Ooh!  Who is it?

Then I'm no fan of him either -- less because of the country and more because he's a Trump supporter 🤢.

But you voted for Laine Hardy, who flew a MAGA flag on his boat.  Whereas Alejandro was from urban L.A. yet a lot of people here didn't like him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Ooh!  Who is it?

Then I'm no fan of him either -- less because of the country and more because he's a Trump supporter 🤢.

Also feel there waa better male singers. Who should have made the top 24 instead of him

Like Bradley Rittman, michael rice, Alto 

Something that amuses me is the juxtaposition between Triston having his pronouns in his bio and also the Trump photo in his feed 😭 

I do agree that we should not be too hard on him for his beliefs because he is still only 15 (and was 13 when he made the Trump post). That being said, he should know as a member of Gen Z to be careful what posts he has on his feed - especially when he is about to go on National television. 

5 hours ago, mytake1 said:

But you voted for Laine Hardy, who flew a MAGA flag on his boat.  Whereas Alejandro was from urban L.A. yet a lot of people here didn't like him.

Two things to note:

First, I didn't know how MAGA Laine was at the time (or I'd forgotten).  Also, I'm not sure that I was quite as anti-Trump as I am now.

Second, I honestly didn't think that Alejandro was a good enough singer.  A great songwriter, yes.  A fine musician, yes.  A good singer?  Not really.  And I voted for Madison more than Laine that season.  That was the main reason why I didn't vote for Alejandro.

5 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

It’s worth noting that Triston is only 15 and is probably just parroting whatever he’s heard his family say. From what Ryan said on Kelly and Mark today, Triston and his mom have experienced homelessness and we all know how Trump pretends to be for poor people. 

Well, I'll cut Triston a little slack because he's just 15.  And the fact that he and his mom experienced homelessness is sad enough that even though I won't vote for him, I'll cut him more slack.

8 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Just because someone doesn’t share the same political beliefs as you, doesn’t make them a bad person 🙂 

• Like 2

I would suggest to any of them, don’t post about political stuff on social media. Nobody cares what you think, outside of a few online partisans. 99% of the audience won’t see Triston’s IG account, and probably dont care anyway. 

3 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

Im guessing Mckenna and Abi will be one of the females the show will pimp... interested to see how that'll unravel 

Agreed, everything else seems clear in my eyes for idol formula, Julia the soul and warm personable, Blake a stud and pop, Will the big country lovable, I get foggy at who their country gals vs pop girls fit in though, very curious their angles this year!😁

• Like 2

He’s very personable, has a compelling backstory, and a deep Southern drawl. Seems like a contender to me, as long as he can sing well enough. I could even see myself voting for him, depending on the circumstances. 

25 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

He’s very personable, has a compelling backstory, and a deep Southern drawl. Seems like a contender to me, as long as he can sing well enough. I could even see myself voting for him, depending on the circumstances. 

Yeah he's going to do well. I could easily see him in the finale.

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

"God's Country" is a big song. I'm interested to see how Triston does on it.