American Idol S21 Judge's Song Contest Discussion

istersay

2 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Who is voting for Haven

Tbh Haven has a similar problem that Tyson had as she can be great but inconsistent. I’m guessing voters prefer her to Tyson as  the young person crowd. 

Just now, CarmenSandiego said:

Wow!  I really thought that they’d save Tyson.  But Oliver’s probably going home next week, so I’m not too upset.

Honestly should've saved Tyson given that Colin and Warren already fit the Oliver archetype but whatever. 

• Like 1

Just now, xfactor22 said:

Tbh Haven has a similar problem that Tyson had as she can be great but inconsistent. I’m guessing voters prefer her to Tyson as  the young person crowd. 

Haven and great should never be put in the same sentence 🥴

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Dangg sadder than expected to see Tyson gone as he won me over tonight. :closedeyes: 

Kinda sad for Marybeth as I liked her more than last night and some other people.

But oh well, Idol is bound to be disappointing as usual lol.

You still have your two favs though, including the one you were scared about  leaving tonight 

Just now, joe14 said:

Haven and great should never be put in the same sentence 🥴

Nah. Her tone and vocals  can be great. It’s just her inexperience and inconsistency can make her not deliver as good as she can. She has potential , but it might take a few years to truly develop. Im saying this as someone who disliked her showcase performance and would prefer a few other people over her to have made the top 12.

2 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I’m sure it did. They probably knew that none of those three were gonna last more than another week, anyway. 

Very true.  I already noted that I don’t think Oliver’s going to get past the Top 8, so why not let him go out while his father is in the audience?

Lol at having the opportunity to ax a WGWG but instead sending home a female and a minority yet again. 

So the only white guys to go home so far this season were Dawson with his 10 seconds of screentime and Michael who isnt inbred looking enough to appeal to the core demographic. And neither played guitar. 

FOX News Idol everyone. How do Katy and Lionel sleep at night knowing the garbage they’re supporting? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

You still have your two favs though, including the one you were scared about  leaving tonight 

I moved onto Zachariah as like 5 of my bigger favorites got eliminated over the last two weeks, but I still don't like him as much as those eliminated. :dead: I'm still happy for him and Wé making it through though. :yes: 

• Like 1

Ugh. An average white guy got the save. Shocking. lol

Seriously see him in the Top 3 now. So he can get the (don't mean anything by it) emotional hometown welcome...

Unless Iam, We, and Megan pull through the ick. :/ 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, joe14 said:

Honestly should've saved Tyson given that Colin and Warren already fit the Oliver archetype but whatever. 

Oliver is different than both of them though. Colin has the mumble-country thing going on. Warren has the twisting songs southern country  rocker thing and Oliver is basically indie-reggae, with some of his southerness not even apparent in his voice at times 

Just now, TOCTenor2005 said:

Lol at having the opportunity to ax a WGWG but instead sending home a female and a minority yet again. 

So the only white guys to go home so far this season were Dawson with his 10 seconds of screentime and Michael who isnt inbred looking enough to appeal to the core demographic. And neither played guitar. 

FOX News Idol everyone. How do Katy and Lionel sleep at night knowing the garbage they’re supporting? 

They might have axed Oliver if his dad wasn’t going to be present for the next performance.  They chose to be kind to him.  Besides, it’s not like he’s going to last past next round anyway.

Kinda sad over Tyson and Marybeth's loss.

Tyson had so much potential, his audition will likely remain one of my favourites of the ABC era in a long time but he simply never lived up to it again.

And marybeth just had a few too many weak performances after doing great from blind auditions until Hawaii.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TOCTenor2005 said:

Lmao this was my thought process but I did not want to go there. :ph34rwave: :dead: Well, at the first two paragraphs, at least. :haha: 

• Haha 1

Nobody that has to get saved by the judges is making it to the finale. It didn’t matter who they saved. Marybeth, Oliver and Tyson would’ve all be going home again next week. Might as well let Oliver’s dad come see him perform. 

And I’m over this BS that a female has to be saved over a guy. Marybeth was weak sauce the past two nights. Her elimination was earned. Sorry. 

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Like 3

Dear god let Warren and Colin goooooo. 

I love Zach as an entertainer. But make it a bottom 3 with them and wowwowowowow. lol 

Seriously thought nearly everyone but Zach, and Warren did their best. Oliver's was lacking for me too though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

They saved Oliver so his dad can come to the show next week. That’s sweet. 

Or it could be…because he had the best performances out of those 3 tonight, and had a breakout moment tonight. 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

Lmao this was my thought process but I did not want to go there. :ph34rwave: :dead: Well, at the first two paragraphs, at least. :haha: 

Oh Wally, you know I come from the old school IDF’ers who will ALWAYS go there 😂

Hope you’re doing well my friend! 

• Like 1

Just now, KelseyW said:

Dear god let Warren and Colin goooooo. 

I love Zach as an entertainer. But make it a bottom 3 with them and wowwowowowow. lol 

Seriously thought nearly everyone but Zach, and Warren did their best. Oliver's was lacking for me too though.

I know everyone has their own opinions but I quite enjoyed Warren tonight. Zach wasn’t at his best tonight but he’s great usually. Oliver may be a bit underwhelming at times, but he had a breakout moment tonight.  

• Like 1

Iam and Oliver look to be close friends.

I am not trying to pull the "he's got this attitude vibe" that I can't quite put my finger on. IDK. Maybe he's just intense? :? 

I'm glad his father gets to see him perform. I'm in Iam's camp as I lost mine two years ago... To have your dad be there for you and be proud in the moment. Should be nice. ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1