American Idol S21 Judge's Song Contest Discussion

istersay

1 minute ago, TOCTenor2005 said:

Oh Wally, you know I come from the old school IDF’ers who will ALWAYS go there 😂

Hope you’re doing well my friend! 

Oooh lmaoo I absolutely know that they would. :dead: 

Ahh thanks! And glad to see you coming back on here on Idol discussions and missed you around here, Cam! 😄 Hope you are doing well yourself! :hug: 

• Like 1

Just now, kenboy123 said:

I hope they never do the platinum ticket again…what a flop…

I hope they stop this too. It puts far too much unnecessary pressure on the contestants. It works against them more than for them (HunterGirl being the only exception).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Nobody that has to get saved by the judges is making it to the finale. It didn’t matter who they saved. Marybeth, Oliver and Tyson would’ve all be going home again next week. Might as well let Oliver’s dad come see him perform. 

And I’m over this BS that a female has to be saved over a guy. Marybeth was weak sauce the past two nights. Her elimination was earned. Sorry. 

Depending on how many people are eliminated next week, it’s possible that someone the judges save this week could’ve lasted next week. Out of the bottom 3, Oliver has a slight chance if only 1 contestant  is going home next week, and a lesser, but possible chance if 2 contestants go home next week. and and Marybeth possibly also had a chance, even if lesser in those two scenarios. Tyson probably wouldn’t have had a chance though.  

Just now, xfactor22 said:

Depending on how many people are eliminated next week, it’s possible that someone the judges save this week could’ve lasted next week. Out of the bottom 3, Oliver has a slight chance if only 1 contestant  is going home next week, and a lesser, but possible chance if 2 contestants go home next week. and and Marybeth possibly also had a chance, even if lesser in those two scenarios. Tyson probably wouldn’t have had a chance though.  

I think that only 5 contestants will move on, but I could be wrong.  But if I’m right, Oliver’s a goner for sure.

11 minutes ago, TOCTenor2005 said:

Lol at having the opportunity to ax a WGWG but instead sending home a female and a minority yet again. 

So the only white guys to go home so far this season were Dawson with his 10 seconds of screentime and Michael who isnt inbred looking enough to appeal to the core demographic. And neither played guitar. 

FOX News Idol everyone. How do Katy and Lionel sleep at night knowing the garbage they’re supporting? 

Marybeth was by far the most FOX News type contestant in that lineup lol. A blonde, southern, Christian woman? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Iam and Oliver look to be close friends.

I am not trying to pull the "he's got this attitude vibe" that I can't quite put my finger on. IDK. Maybe he's just intense? :? 

I'm glad his father gets to see him perform. I'm in Iam's camp as I lost mine two years ago... To have your dad be there for you and be proud in the moment. Should be nice. ❤️ 

I’m so sorry for your loss *hugs*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Nobody that has to get saved by the judges is making it to the finale. It didn’t matter who they saved. Marybeth, Oliver and Tyson would’ve all be going home again next week. Might as well let Oliver’s dad come see him perform. 

And I’m over this BS that a female has to be saved over a guy. Marybeth was weak sauce the past two nights. Her elimination was earned. Sorry. 

A female shouldn't be saved just because they are female, but Oliver should be saved because his dad is coming next week lmao 🥴

• Haha 3

Just now, KelseyW said:

She's a sweetie. Just not my taste musically. lmao 🤗

Fair. I loved her style. Tbh my taste is music varies widely and can be considered all over the place. Like some of my favs throughout the years on Idol  have been Pia Toscano, Thia Megia, Shannon Magrane, Naima Adedapo, James Durbin (DURING his season), Haley Reinhart(In retrospect , didn’t like her during her season),  Malaya Watson, Majesty Rose, Grace Kinstler, Wille Spence, Jena Irene, Joey Cook, Jax, Quentin Alexander, Maddie Poppe, Amber Holcomb, Margie Mays, Janelle Arthur, HunterGirl, and now Iam, Warren, and Zachariah (with Oliver growing on me). I’m likely missing a few favs but you get the point

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, joe14 said:

A female shouldn't be saved just because they are female, but Oliver should be saved because his dad is coming next week lmao 🥴

Well Marybeth definitely wasn’t getting saved because of her performances lol. ☠️ They sucked. Tyson would’ve been my pick but I 100% understand why they chose Oliver. He had a good performance tonight and his dad wants to come see him next week. 

• Like 1

I feel like IDF is the only place that puts so much stock in the platinum ticket. I see it as someone the judges thought had a great audition. Nothing more, nothing less. Idk why people make it this huge deal. It's the equivalent of a four chair turn on The Voice. Four chair turns get eliminated in the battle rounds all the time. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, xfactor22 said:

Fair. I loved her style. Tbh my taste is music varies widely and can be considered all over the place. Like some of my favs throughout the years on Idol  have been Pia Toscano, Thia Megia, Shannon Magrane, Naima Adedapo, James Durbin (DURING his season), Haley Reinhart(In retrospect , didn’t like her during her season),  Malaya Watson, Majesty Rose, Grace Kinstler, Wille Spence, Jena Irene, Joey Cook, Jax, Quentin Alexander, Maddie Poppe, Amber Holcomb, Margie Mays, Janelle Arthur, HunterGirl, and now Iam, Warren, and Zachariah (with Oliver growing on me). I’m likely missing a few favs but you get the point

Oooh. Me too!

Some of mine...

Kris Allen, Haley Reinhart, Allison Iraheta, Kelly, Alejandro, Maddie, and so many others. Davids, Carly Smithson, and more. lmao

• Like 1

While I’m ragging on Marybeth (I loved her on The Voice but she failed miserably on this show, let’s be honest), who put her in that outfit to sing a Morgan Wallen song lol? When I saw what she was wearing, I was like “I guess she picked Dolly.” Nope. Strange styling choice. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Well Marybeth definitely wasn’t getting saved because of her performances lol. ☠️ They sucked. Tyson would’ve been my pick but I 100% understand why they chose Oliver. He had a good performance tonight and his dad wants to come see him next week. 

I would not go so far to say Marybeth’s performance sucked, but they weren’t as good as  other contestants tonight 

Just now, Carrie_On said:

While I’m ragging on Marybeth (I loved her on The Voice but she failed miserably on this show, let’s be honest), who put her in that outfit to sing a Morgan Wallen song lol? When I saw what she was wearing, I was like “I guess she picked Dolly.” Nope. Strange styling choice. 

Tbh, her performance wasn’t the best tonight but imo her outfit slayed 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joe14 said:

I feel like IDF is the only place that puts so much stock in the platinum ticket. I see it as someone the judges thought had a great audition. Nothing more, nothing less. Idk why people make it this huge deal. It's the equivalent of a four chair turn on The Voice. Four chair turns get eliminated in the battle rounds all the time. 

I’ve read some YouTube comments. Apparently YouTube also places some substance on platinum tickets for whatever reason. 

Just now, Carrie_On said:

Marybeth is mediocre so I can't take anyone angry on her behalf seriously. People love to bash mediocre (white) male contestants but can't be honest when a (white) female contestant is mediocre. But yeah honestly Tyson was the right choice (just based on performance and the overall make up of the top 7 (we already had three white males in the rock/wgwg lane) but Oliver isn't a wrong choice either. Marybeth wasn't even in the running. 

• Like 2

Just now, xfactor22 said:

Tbh, her performance wasn’t the best tonight but imo her outfit slayed 

She did look like a doll. Her face is perfect looking. She should be a CoverGirl. But I thought that frilly outfit was a bit odd for the emotion she was trying to convey tonight.