what do you think about the new coaches ?

ernia

1 hour ago, Maxwell said:

Niall is doing alright so far. Prefer him over bland Nick. His pitches were definitely weak, but his coaching seems to be better. It's nice to see his enthusiasm for his team, seems very down to earth, and authentic. 

Chance can go, one of the worst coaches for sure. His decision making is something else....his team is shaping up to be one of the worst. John needs to come back, while he wasn't perfect, he was miles ahead of Chance.  

Camila is one of the better newer coaches we have had recently.

camila was replacing kelly?? 

I absolutely LOVEEE seeing Niall on The Voice USA. He's exactly as I thought he'd be tbh, seems positive and uplifting and just generally happy to be there.

Who is Chance tho lmao? Like who actually is he and WHY is he there? 😂 He doesn't even speak from what I've seen so far. So boring and dull but there's always one every season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kimcherrison2 said:

Niall said in an interview that he isn't sure if he'd come back even if they asked because he's so stressed about letting talented singers go

Can you post a link for the interview, please?

At 2:15, Niall told Domenica Coka: "I really do think that you need to give this another shot next year. And if they don't fire me, I'll be still here."

Blake added: "I won't be here next year. But I'm gonna call Niall and say, 'How did Domenica do when she came back? Did you get her on your team?' So come back and do this again."

I think Niall was joking when he said after the Ryley vs. Michael battle: “If they ask me to come back, I’m not coming back ‘cause I cannot tell you how hard this is."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I prefer Camila to both of them. 

She might be limited in her knowledge of song choices for contestants, but she has a pure heart for every single contestant on her team. She gifted Kate Kalvach an inhaler and cheered for her during her IS performance (robbed), dedicated all of her efforts to coach Morgan Myles all the way to the finale after the rest of her team'd got wiped out.

Edited by allistr
  • Like 2

Despite not agreeing with some of his choices, i love Chance's passion for music. He, John and (why not?) Alicia in the same season would be great, since these three have a particular passion for music that i just adore to see, which is not surprising, since they all are very invested creating their own material, like true artists do. Let's add Darius Rucker as the country coach, and we'd have a really great panel of coaches.

What?? Two R&B/Soul singers is too much?? We have had seasons with two pop singers and nobody has an issue with that. In fact, some people are even suggesting three pop singers on the same season (And not R&B/Soul singers, but oh well, i guess that genre is not for everyone 🤷)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Maxwell said:

He said he would, unless he got fired.

yes but he said that if they ask me to come back i will not come back ( when he had to choose between ryley and michael b). But does America like him that much that nbc will want him another season??

8 hours ago, Stacey. said:

I absolutely LOVEEE seeing Niall on The Voice USA. He's exactly as I thought he'd be tbh, seems positive and uplifting and just generally happy to be there.

Who is Chance tho lmao? Like who actually is he and WHY is he there? 😂 He doesn't even speak from what I've seen so far. So boring and dull but there's always one every season. 

Niall is like at home. With Blake has created son-dad relationship. With Kelly he is competetive and calling her "mean" 🤣🤣. And with chance the newbies. I love Niall too

15 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Despite not agreeing with some of his choices, i love Chance's passion for music. He, John and (why not?) Alicia in the same season would be great, since these three have a particular passion for music that i just adore to see, which is not surprising, since they all are very invested creating their own material, like true artists do. Let's add Darius Rucker as the country coach, and we'd have a really great panel of coaches.

What?? Two R&B/Soul singers is too much?? We have had seasons with two pop singers and nobody has an issue with that. In fact, some people are even suggesting three pop singers on the same season (And not R&B/Soul singers, but oh well, i guess that genre is not for everyone 🤷)

Or if we’re looking for a powerhouse vocalist, throw JHud in the mix too :peace:

• Like 4

On 4/19/2023 at 4:14 PM, Maxwell said:

Chance can go, one of the worst coaches for sure. His decision making is something else....his team is shaping up to be one of the worst. John needs to come back, while he wasn't perfect, he was miles ahead of Chance.  

this isn't specific to you, i've seen a lot of people say this so i just wanted to share my thoughts

i haven't actually seen any of chance's decisions that have been aired that were bad? i think controversial ones were Sorelle vs. Manasseh, Ray vs. NOIVAS, Ray vs. NariYella, but I think all of the results were justified. Sorelle was strong + Manasseh got the playoffs pass, Ray approached the battle song in a way that fit it way more than NOIVAS imo, and Ray had a good, easy song choice while NariYella had a more challenging one.

i'm curious, for all of y'all saying that he's made a bunch of terrible decisions, which decisions were egregious to you?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nytsch said:

Or if we’re looking for a powerhouse vocalist, throw JHud in the mix too :peace:

ideal panel for me, obviously would never happen bc they must have >=2 men as coaches + probably need someone who people perceive as "more country," imo would be Camila (pop) / JHud (r&b, powerhouse) / Kelsea (country) / Lady Gaga (pop). rock gets no representation but i don't think they really care about that. 

- camila, kelsea are witty, competitive

- jhud is just a vibe generally and i love her enthusiasm for singers

- lady gaga is a light to everyone tbh

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

this isn't specific to you, i've seen a lot of people say this so i just wanted to share my thoughts

i haven't actually seen any of chance's decisions that have been aired that were bad? i think controversial ones were Sorelle vs. Manasseh, Ray vs. NOIVAS, Ray vs. NariYella, but I think all of the results were justified. Sorelle was strong + Manasseh got the playoffs pass, Ray approached the battle song in a way that fit it way more than NOIVAS imo, and Ray had a good, easy song choice while NariYella had a more challenging one.

i'm curious, for all of y'all saying that he's made a bunch of terrible decisions, which decisions were egregious to you?

RIGHT? Those three you mentioned are all somewhat justifiable and every other decision he made (so far) was 100% correct. 

We’ll see what happens in the Playoffs though.

• Like 2