Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

b6f11205ced21526cb9727f9c614da0ad9527f92.gif 00a80de9941048e7c6bd3976a04ab3ccab68a25c.gifv

Time to follow in Derek's footstep and make my biggest cut to date - the one and only, Zendaya, who is beloved by so many people.  As we all know, Zendaya started her career on Disney where she was in Shake It Up & K.C. Undercover - I am aware of the two shows but I can't say that I ever watched it as it was certainly passed my time.  As a Disney Channel star, she was able to perfectly transition onto the big screen in 2017 with a role in Spider-Man : Homecoming - if you know me, I have no intention of ever seeing it, but apparently people liked her in it; And she also starred in The Greatest Showman where she was able to showcase her chops as a singer - she's an incredible singer and I would love to see in a role like that more often.  However, it was her role in Euphoria that truly made her a household name where she won the Emmy Awards for Best Actress in a Drama, making her the youngest recipient - I personally wouldn't have given her the first win as I thought the other nominees were better but she certainly deserved her second win.  Personally, I don't believe that she is the highlight of the show but I digress here.  Her other work includes Malcolm & Marie, Dune, an unnecessary remake of Space Jame, and another Spider-Man movie.  Overall, I do think Zendaya is talented but I can't say that I am as big of fan as everyone else ?  I actually think she's overrated to a small degree as I've never really been WOW'ed by her beside Euphoria, and everyone act like she's one of the best thing on the show & in the world of acting, at the moment...  Anyway, she's a talented actress but just not one of my top favourite hence why I am cutting her now, and I didn't foresee anyone actually nominating her during the actual rankdown part which could have made her a threat to win it all. 

SAVING: TATIANA MASLANY

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

pepsi-eyebrows.gif 76d2793967af1e9d9beeb0f41afc79e5a89f79c3 igby-goes-down-kieran-culkin.gif

Like his brothers, Macaulay and Rory, Kieran Culkin started off his career as a child actor in the Home Alone series alongside his brother, Macaulay, where he played Fuller McCallister, as well as Father of the Bride.  However, it wasn't until 2002 that he was able to escape the child actor stardom when he starred in Igby Goes Down - his role earned him his first Golden Globe Award.  Despite the success of Igby Goes Down, he hasn't really had a breakthrough role on the big screen but he did appear in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. However, he recently became a household name in the world of television due to his role as Roman in HBO's Succession - I hate to admit this, but I've never seen Succession - I tried to watch it but I had a hard time getting into it.  It seems that he is getting praised for his role and he has been nominated for two Emmys, three Golden Globe, and even won the Critics' Choice Television Award...  I am sure he came into his own as an actor, but for now, I shall cut him from the rankdown. 

SAVING: SAOIRSE RONAN

Anna-comes-pretty-close.gif

Am I lowkey annoyed that this actress was able to make it into this rankdown while some legends & Academy/Emmy awards winner were omitted from it? Absolutely.  I actually didn't notice her name on the front-page until page or otherwise, I would have cut her sooner than this.  But onto the actress of the hour - Anna Faris.  As we all know, she's best known for her comedic roles where she has starred in many movies such as Scary Movie, The Hot Chick, Just Friends, My Super Ex-Girlfriend, What's Your Number?, and the Dictator.  She's also known for her roles on sitcom such as Friends and Mom where she played the lead character from 2013 until 2020.  As an actress, I do not dislike her but I find that she's very much out of league here & I find that she tend to portray the same character, time after time - I know that she's had some serious role in the past but she's not memorable in those or not known for them.  Anyway, she may not have won this rankdown but at least she's a NY Times best-seller author! 

SAVING: MARION COTILLARD

Susan Sarandon

rs_600x600-160130195656-600-susan-sarandon-cleavage-boobs-sag-awards-013016.jpg?fit=around%7C1080:1080&output-quality=90&crop=1080:1080;center,top

I was kinda putting this off to see if anyone was gonna save her, but y'all are wylin out again so I guess instead I should just jump at the opportunity to cut her. An a personal level Susan Sarandon has always kinda annoyed me, and I've also never really been blown away by her as an actress. I actually like her in silly comedy roles. She has a guest stint in both Malcom in the Middle and Search Party where I find her to be hilarious and brilliant. Is Thelma & Louise a comedy? If so, it will continue on in film because of course I love that movie and she's great there (though I probably prefer Geena Davis). Honestly, there's not too much more I think I've seen her in. She's fine in The Rocky Horror Picture Show but easily one of the more forgettable characters (but that's just the design of her character). She won her Oscar for Dead Man Walking, but I've never seen it. She was okay in Feud: Bette and Joan, but Jessica Lange whoops her butt throughout the entire show. Her recently filmography is pretty abysmal, she hasn't booked a great role in years. I appreciate a lot of her political opinions, but she's also A Lot and very annoying about it 9 times out of 10 and can put her foot in her mouth a lot :dead:. But that's not why I'm cutting her. I'm just very meh on her.

Save Melissa McCarthy

Joel McHale

joel-mchale-community.jpg

I do love Community but if we're being honest, Joel McHale isn't even in the top five most interesting characters on that show. I was trying to avoid cutting him since I'm sure y'all are gonna do a great job cutting comedy actors, but I wanted to get an easy cut in before I rush out the door because I know I'll forget to do my second cut tonight. I used to love watching The Soup, but that's more of a hosting gig than an acting gig. I also love the early seasons of Community like any sane person, but like I said he's not all that interesting compared to the rest of the cast. He's got a bunch of small supporting roles in a bunch of comedy movies and tv shows, but nothing all that interesting or huge. Actually I was very interested in seeing him in a more dramatic role in The Bear this past year and I hope we get to see more of his character in season two! I really like him as a person, but as an actor he can go.

Save Matt Smith

Peter Capaldi

Peter Capaldi — The Movie Database (TMDB)

Cutting someone I'm not really familiar with and that is the Scottish actor Peter Capaldi. He was the 12th doctor in the Doctor Who universe. The only one I'm really familiar with is David Tennant and I have like zero knowledge of that show. Besides Doctor Who, Peter was in the comedy The Thick of It which garnered him several British Academy Television Award nominations. He jumped into the directing world as his career went on as well, directing his movie Strictly Sinatra and a couple episodes of Getting On, the British show. More recently, he's been in Paddington and Paddington 2, Christopher Robin, and Suicide Squad, so he's still working pretty frequently and good for him! I'm just not really familiar with him and doesn't seem like someone I'd be a huge fan of regardless so out he goes.

Save: Elle Fanning

Da'Vine Joy Randolph

Da'Vine Joy Randolph on 'The Lost City' and Learning from Sandra Bullock

I

I have never heard of her before and looking at her list of work so far this seems like an easy cut to make at this point. Da'Vine Joy Randolph is an actress and singer who gained fame first for her work in the Broadway musical Ghost- this garnered her a Tony nomination so good for her! Since then, she was in the series High Fidelity, acted in the series Selfie and the other series People of Earth, and has been in a smattering of films over the last decade. Ooh I noticed she has a recurring role in "Only Murders in the Building" with Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez. I know that series is super popular and I did watch a couple episodes of that and liked it! I'm sorry I just don't feel that she's been in enough movies and shows to warrant keeping her in the game much longer but she seems like a delight.

Save: Robert Pattinson

Lee Jung-jae

330px-210305_%EC%9D%B4%EC%A0%95%EC%9E%AC

His name was unfamiliar to me when I looked him up, then I realized he becamse known for his role in Squid Game. I liked that from the few episodes I saw, but I'm not familiar with anything else he has been in. Lee seems to be quite well-known in South Korea, starring in films such as II Mare, Over the Rainbow and An Affair, but I haven't heard of most of his filmography with the exception of Squid Game, and at this point of the game I'm looking for actors that have a long career and/or multiple roles that I've enjoyed them in. So unfortunately for Lee Jung-jae, his time in the rankdown is up now. Hope he continues to get roles in the US though!

Save: Matt Damon

Meritt Wever

330px-Merritt_Wever_2010_cropped.jpg

I wanted to get in a second cut in while I still have time and the unlucky cut goes to Meritt Wever, whose name only rings the faintest of bells. Glancing through her filmography, I see she's starred in Nurse Jackie (don't care about) and was featured The Walking Dead. Ok, The walking Dead role alone is enough to justify the cut then. :giggle: She also has roles in several Law and Order series and an upcoming one in Severance. I see that she also has a main role in Unbelievable, which is right up my alley and I'm sure I'll like her in. But I still haven't gotten around to seeing it, so while I'm sure I'll be seeing her on my screen soon, I don't really care aobut her at the present moment so out she goes. 

Save: Sigourney Weaver

BrightBelovedIbadanmalimbe-size_restricted.gif 

I've been toying with the idea of cutting Kathleen Turner for a while now as I'm not super familiar with her filmography compare to the others in the rankdown.  According to our friend, Wikipedia, her career reached a new height in the 1980s when she appeared in many films such as Body Heat, The Man with Two Brains, Crimes of Passion, Romancing the Stone, Prizzi's Honor, Peggy Sue Got Married - I've heard maybe of one of those film but never seen any of them. It was also in the 1980s that she earned a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy for Prizzi's Honor, and a nomination for Best Actress at the Oscar.  Some of her other films includes The Virgin Suicides, Baby Geniuses, and Marley & Me - I've seen all of those but I couldn't have told you who was Kathleen Turner, just based on those films.  On the small screen, she played Chandler's drag queen father on Friend, as well as Californication and The Kominsky Method - again, I've seen neither of those shows but I've heard of it. Apparently, she's also a voice-over actress on many shows but that's not enough for her survival in this rankdown. Anyway, I am sure she's a great talented but I'm not familiar with her & therefore, I am cutting her. 

SAVING: KATE WINSLET

• Like 1

Jamie Foxx 

330px-Jamie_Foxx_Django_avp.jpg

I'm slightly surprised he hasn't been cut yet considering his body of work isn't exactly...A-list. Eric Marlon Bishop, knwn professionally as Jamie Foxx, got his first big break playing Ray Charles in the autobiographical film Ray in 2004 (boring) and won several awards for it. He is known for other fims such as Django Unchained, Collateral, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Baby Driver. Don't care about any of those films or his performances in them really. He's also known for being the host and producer of Beat Shazam. No thank you. He also has five seasons of his own show, approporiately titled The Jamie Foxx show, from 1996 to 2001 for five seasons. I most certainly was not one of the viewers and I've never really cared about him cting or singing wise so out he goes. 

Save: Bill Skarsgård

Zoë Kravitz

800px-Zoe_Kravitz_2020_dvna_studio.jpg

Time to cut another actress I don't really care about, Zoë Kravitz. Will this cut be controversial like Chris/Derek's have been? Perhaps. Zoë mostly plays superhero roles such as  X-Men: First Class (2011),  Mary Jane Watson in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018), Catwoman in the animated The Lego Batman Movie (2017) and the live-action DC film The Batman (2022). Her role as Bonnie Howard Carlson in Big Little Lies really put her on the map, though I think there are better people in there. She also appears in Fantastic Beasts: The Crmes of Grindelwald, the Divergent series, and Mad Max: Fury Road but I don't think she is a big standout role in any of them, and Crimes of Grindelwald sucks anyway. She's also played in Hulu comedy called High Fielity and some independent films, none of which I've seen. Overall, someone I have yet to really be impressed by so out she goes. 

Save: Viola Davis

Edited by ~Tom~
  • Sad 1

Eddie Murphy

440px-Eddie_Murphy_by_David_Shankbone.jp

I've never really been a fun of Eddie Murphy and his types of films. The type of humour from his films is really not my cup of tea, and the films of him that I've enjoyed are also not like omg the most incredible films ever. He's been around since the 80's and usually puts out a film every year or every two years. His most famous films would be Beverly Hills Cop, The Nutty Professor, Dr. Doolitlle, Shrek, I Spy, Daddy Day Care, Dreamgirls and Norbit. Norbit is one of the worst films ever made and if you haven't watched it, please avoid it at any cost. I guess Daddy Day Care, Dreamgirls and the first two Shrek movies would be my favorite from his filmography. He also did some more dramatic roles with Dolemite is my name and Dreamgirls, for which he got some acting nominations and even a Golden Globe, so he definitely has the chops to pull a great performance. He just happen to pick the worst films to star in.

Saving: Jon Bernthal

Edited by .Rei

Hailee Steinfield

440px-Hailee_Steinfeld_by_Gage_Skidmore.

Well The Edge of Seventeen was a very good movie and she also did good on Hawkeye but looking at the rest of her filmography, I don't think it warrants a space on the top 250. oh she was also on True Grit, which I never watched, despite the great reviews. It must have been because of my rule to never watch Western films no matter what the hype is. She got acclaim for her performance there so maybe I should watch it.. who am I kidding? I'll never do it.

She's more focused on TV these days, having appeared on AppleTv's Dickinson and Disney's Hawkeye. Her two upcoming films are the Spider-verse sequels, meaning that she will lend her voice to one of the characters. Sorry if there are any big fans of her but out she goes now.

Saving: Julia Louis-Dreyfus

• Confused 1

Liam Neeson

Britain_People_Liam_Neeson_02470-scaled.jpg

Maybe once upon a time Liam Neeson was an interesting actor but now he's stuck doing generic action movie followed by generic action movie. Once upon a time I'd say Liam Neeson was most known for starring in Spielberg's iconic masterpiece Schindler's List. Nowadays I'd say he's most known for doing Taken and its multiple sequels. The first Taken was like kind of okay but at a certain point we gotta stop taking members of Liam Neeson's family. He's also done a few franchises like playing Qui-Gon in Star Wars and Aslan in Chronicles of Narnia. Other films I know him in are Love Actually and Kinsey. Other than Schindler's List I don't think I've been particularly wow'd by Neeson. He randomly showed up in Atlanta where he made fun of being "cancelled' for talking about wanting to commit a hate crime and in Derry Girls which was not even the most wild cameo of the final season (spoiler alert, the series ends with Chelsea Clinton??????). Maybe Spielberg or Scorsese can give him a good role one day again idk.

Save John C. Reilly

Renée Zellweger

Renee-Zellweger-Oscars-2020-Win-tout.jpg

Similar to Hilary Swank, another actress that randomly won two Oscars but I just do not consider some big name actress or anything. Looking through Zellweger's filmography, it's a lot smaller than I expected. She got her start in the mid 90's in a few small roles in some cult favorites like Reality Bites, Texas Chainsaw Massacre:
The Next Generation, and Empire Records. Her major breakthrough was as the generic love interest in Jerry Maguire, a rather thankless role, but a fine enough performance. Soon enough, she rose to more mainstream prominence in Bridget Jones's Diary which oops, I've never seen. And then she starred in Chicago which was fine, but Catherine Zeta Jones and Richard Gere steal the show more than Zellweger for me. She won her first Oscar for Cold Mountain which I think I saw once years ago but thought was boring, maybe I'd have to watch it again. Then she won again for Judy which was VERY boring, Saoirse was robbed!! She's done a few random voice roles like Shark Tale and Bee Movie which is hilarious, but not enough for me to want to see her saved. I appreciate her as someone who is picky with her roles and knows to take breaks every once in a while. But that's not gonna really make me root for her.

Save Tessa Thompson

Dane DeHaan

Dane DeHaan (@danedehaan) / Twitter

I'm still going through the list and finding names of people I have never heard of in my life, so I am just going to be cutting those people for now. Dane DeHaan is an American actor. He is known for his work in such movies as Chronicle, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Kill Your Darlings, and A Cure For Wellness. He's also been in such TV series and miniseries as ZeroZeroZero, The Stranger, and The Staircase. I honestly don't think I've seen a single thing that he's been in (even Spider-Man 2 which I never watched, always just been Team Tobey's Spiderman whoops). It seems like he's done a decent amount of stuff over the years but I think this is a more than fair spot for someone who's not necessarily a household name and definitely not a passion fave of mine. Sorry Dane!

Save: Justin Theroux

Olivia Williams

3,817 Olivia Williams Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

Every time I cut a female actor I feel like I'm taking a life :dead: But gotta try to keep things even and hopefully no one is a hardcore fan. Olivia Williams is a British actress and there seems to be a LOT of those in this game. Seems like she got her start in theatre specifically in the Royal Shakespeare Company, but ultimately got her break in the TV film Emma (based on the Jane Austen novel). Her film debut came in 1997 with the Postman, and since then she's done a decent amount of work- some things she has been featured in include Rushmore, The Sixth Sense, An Education, Ghost Writer, and the series Counterpart. She seems like a really cool person actually as she did some wildlife research in her life after filming The Postman. I just have zero familiarity with her so I have to let her go. 

Save: Jessica Biel :ph34rwave: (she's iconic in Bojack Horseman okay)

Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins Cast in Tom Cruise's 'One Shot' – The Hollywood Reporter

He seems like a great actor, most of the people left probably are, but I'm cutting him because I have no attachments to him. Richard Jenkins is an American actor probably best known for his role as the dead patriarch in the HBO series Six Feet Under. I watched a few of the first episodes awhile back and enjoyed it but never got around to watching the whole thing. An Emmy winner for the miniseries Olive Kitteridge in 2014, Richard picked up an Oscar nom for his role in 2007's The Visitor. He also picked up an Oscar nom for his work in The Shape of Water, a movie I shockingly still haven't seen but honestly the premise still kind of creeps me out so I don't have plans to any time soon despite being a big fan of Guillermo Del Toro. Um he seems very talented and there might be a fan or two of his on here, so sorry for the cut.

Save Henry Winkler