Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Orlando Bloom

GettyImages-1170752056.jpg?w=1296

What an objectively beautiful human being. Orlando Bloom co-starred in two major movies franchises, The Lord of the Rings and Pirates of the Caribbean. With those two franchises, I'm sure he has enough money to last him multiple lifetimes and doesn't really have to do anything else. He also has Katy Perry money so he's just raking it in. But yeah, can't say I really know him from much else. He was in the movie Troy which I think I watched once but don't really remember all that well. He was in an HBO movie Tour de Pharmacy which is very funny, but he wasn't one of the funnier characters (also 7 Days in Hell was better). He doesn't really have much coming up, but he doesn't need to. Like I said, congratulations on being in two of the biggest franchises ever and being one of the most beautiful men to walk this planet.

Save BoJack Horseman Will Arnett

Keira Knightley

Keira-Knightley-a9ea925354d5493bb5dcee59f5cc0cee.jpg

Speaking of Pirates of the Caribbean 🙈. I did not plan on being responsible for eliminating the entire main trio, but I feel like she's an easy cut right after Orlando Bloom lol. And also she's probably one of the few actresses left I'm not all that interested in. Keira Knightley is most known for making a billion period films. Period films are hit and miss with me. I like it when they have a bit of edge like The Favourite or The Great. But a straightforward period piece is a bit of a snooze (though I do like The Crown so idk I'm random). Her most notable period pieces are probably Pride & Prejudice, a movie my sister is obsessed with, and Atonement. She also received an Academy Award nomination for her performance in The Imitation Game, one of the most boring movies I ever watched. I like some of her early romcom stuff like Bend It Like Beckham and Love Actually. And like I said, of course she is known for playing Elizabeth Swann in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Seeking a Friend for the End of the World was a mediocre movie, but she was great in it (though completely mismatched as a love interest for Steve Carell). Sadly she hasn't been in anything I care about in like over a decade, but hopefully one day she will be in something I'm interested in again!

Save Vera Farmiga

Michael C. Hall

Season 6 Showtime GIF by Dexter

Six Feet Under and Dexter! Not a bad resume if you pretend Dexter ended with the Season 4 finale. Thankfully that's when I stopped watching. He got some awards for Six Feet Under as part of the ensemble, which  makes sense because I don't think I would pick him as the standout of that show, but he definitely contributed. As for Dexter, he got a Golden Globe for that which was kind of random to me. I don't know, that character never really stood out to be as a big ~*acting*~ role. But then again I only saw the first half of the series and it was a while ago. I hear there's a new Dexter out and I'm curious as to whether it's good, but not so curious that I'm willing to subject myself to the seasons that I missed.

Save Niecy Nash

7 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Michael C. Hall

Season 6 Showtime GIF by Dexter

I hear there's a new Dexter out and I'm curious as to whether it's good, but not so curious that I'm willing to subject myself to the seasons that I missed.

You can watch it if you want without watching those seasons they aren't super important to the story that is going on there. 

• Like 1

Bobby Cannavale

Bobby Cannavale Homecoming Tv GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I know him originally from Will & Grace, a role that he randomly won an Emmy for so good for him. I think deleting Bobby's character was the rudest thing that they did for the reboot. He was also nominated for a couple Tony awards, which is a fun surprise to see while looking at his wiki and making me regret this cut a little bit. I guess I underestimated his ability just because he's in generic Third Watch. This gif is letting me know that he's in something called Homecoming. Wow I guess I don't know much about this guy at all but it's too late now. But hey, if True Detective can't save Matthew then no TV show is enough to save any actor in this game

Save Ralph Fiennes

Elizabeth Debicki

330px-Elizabeth_Debicki_by_Gage_Skidmore

Today, I have chosen to cut one of the actresses who definitely has one of the weaker filmographies left, Elizabeth Debicki. She's an Australian actress and made her film debut with a brief role in the Australian comedy A Few Best Men in 2011, and The Great Gatsby afterward (meh). She also played roles in Widows and Tenet, which I'd say are her best known roles apart from her Marvel role (Gardians of the Galaxy). In the telvision department, she has had a role in The Night Manager (I think I've cut someone else who's been in that show, definitely need to watch it). Recently, she's portrayed Diana, Princess of Wales in The Crown. while she was impeccably casted, I feel The Crown has been a drag this season and her character is one of the main reasons why, so out she goes.

Save: Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Jonathan Majors

330px-Jonathan_Majors_on_ColliderVideo,_

For my actor cut, I am going with an actor I've never heard of and that happens to be Jonathan Majors. Born in 1989, he's recet to the scene. getting his big break after starring in the independent feature film The Last Black Man in San Francisco in 2019. In 2020, he garnered more attention for portraying Atticus Freeman in the HBO television series Lovecraft Country. He plays the role of He Who Remains in the Disney+ series Loki, and will appear as another version of that character, Kang the Conqueror in the film Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania in 2023. Hopefully he continues to raise his profile, but I've never heard of him so out he goes. 

Save: Peter Dinklage

John Turturro

John Turturro - Emmy Awards, Nominations and Wins | Television Academy

John Turturro is a decorated American actor who has won an Emmy award and has been nominated for numerous other awards over the years. He is known for his contributions to the independent film world. I honestly had never really heard of him before but he has done a lot of high profile stuff, such as being in The Big Lebowski and O Brother Where Art Thou, starring in the Transformers franchise, and playing in the recent smash hit TV show Severance (I watched the pilot but did not get past it yet). He does a lot of work with Adam Sandler, The Coen Brothers and Spike Lee. Thanks Wikipedia. His Emmy win was for a guest role in Monk. I'm sure he's incredibly talented and I thank him for all he has done for the entertainment business.

Save: Daniel Bruhl

Kristin Scott Thomas

Kristin Scott Thomas — The Movie Database (TMDB)

Sorry, cutting another name I am not familiar with. Kristin Scott Thomas is a British and French actress. She is a BAFTA winner as of 1994 for her work in Four Weddings and a Funeral. She also won the Olivier Award for her stage work in The Seagull. This happened in 2008. Finally, she nabbed an Oscar nomination for her work in 1996 in The English Patient. I'm really not familiar with almost anything that she's done but Kristin seems like a very talented actress. She was in Mission: Impossible so good for her for that. She even has a couple of Golden Raspberry award nominations for her work in Under the Cherry Moon in 1986. Versatile queen! It seems that now she is jumping into the directing world. As of this year she's directing a movie called My Mother's Wedding with Scarlett Johansson. Hope that's good!

Save: Amy Poehler

Robert Duvall

Robert-Duvall.jpg

Robert Duvall is obviously an iconic actor, but I don't really care that much. Duvall's work with Francis Ford Coppola stands out the most to me, having been in The Godfather and Apocalypse Now. Two undeniably iconic films, but Duvall isn't who I think of when I think of either film. A fun fact I just learned, his first film role was playing Boo Radley in To Kill a Mockingbird. I never in a million years would have guessed that was his first film role! Other films I would know him from include iconic films like Network and M*A*S*H...and then also random shit I watched when I was young like Four Christmases and Newsies. Duvall definitely peaked in the 70's and 80's which is when he starred in plenty of iconic films and received lots of acclaim. Movies from that time period are a pretty big blindspot for me when it comes to my film watching. I have no doubt he's good in them, I just haven't seen them. He's been nominated for seven Oscars, and won for Tender Mercies. He was also nominated for four acting Emmys and won for Broken Trail. His filmography has definitely started die down the last decade or two, but I mean he's 91 years old who can blame him!

Save Zach McClarnon

Mila Kunis

tmp_PF44eY_6a9b0f2b1c13481b_GettyImages-951862132.jpg

Honestly I almost cut her like three times but then I kept remembering she's Meg on Family Guy and decided to keep her around lol. Unfortunately, this is far as being Meg can drag her (and honestly Alex Borstein as Lois is just some of the best voiceover work ever and really the iconic performance from that show). Mila Kunis is obviously gorgeous. Well known from tv thanks to That '70s Show as Jackie. It's very cute how her and Ashton Kutcher are still together! That '70s Show was never quite a show that stuck with me, but if I watch it while it's on I'll usually chuckle. In the films, she's got a few fun movies like Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Bad Moms (though I just realized Kristen Bell is in both those movies and is kinda better in them too :ph34rwave:). Her most acclaimed film role is obviously as Lily in Black Swan. I talked about this a bit in the films rankdown, but I don't think it was a particularly amazing performance. I think her character is really fun and sexy, but there's not much that Kunis specifically brought to the role that I felt elevated it. I always found Barbara Hershey to be the far superior supporting performance. Also I read one time that Eva Green was almost cast as Lily and I think that would have been amazing. I still think Mila Kunis seems like a cool person, but that's it for her in this game.

Save Julia Roberts

• Sad 1

Keegan Michael-Kay

330px-Keegan-Michael_Key_(49550965587)_(

Another actor I'm not that familiar with, Keegan-Michael Key is an actor as well as comedian, screenwriter, and producer. He is best-known for co-creating and co-starring in Key & Peele alongside Jordan Peele from 2012 to 2015 and co-starring in USA Network's Playing House from 2014 to 2017. He was a cast member on Mad TV from 2004 to 2009 (six seasons) and has made guest appearances on Whose Line is it Anyway? He's also appeared in Fargo (which I still haven't gotten around to watching) in 2014 alongside Peele, and had a recurring role on Parks and Recreation from 2013 to 2015. He's also hosted The Planet's Funniest Animals on Animal Planet from 2005 to 2008, as well as done supporting roles in various movies. Not an actor I care about so his time is up now, sorry to any fans.

Save: Richard Madden

Christian Bale

Christian Bale Swag GIF

Christian has had a great career. Not sure what he is most known for... American Psycho certainly has a ton of memes, but he was also Batman which was certainly popular and well-received. Maybe more generally he is known for his extreme physical transformations for roles, getting super skinny or super buff or gaining a lot of weight for various roles. He got some bad PR a while back for yelling at a crew member on the set of a movie for messing with the shot, which I think that Christian got too much heat for. I can imagine being pissed off in the same way under similar circumstances, and I wasn't there on set so who can say if it was at all justified. But yeah, he's someone who I feel like could stick around for a while in this game and he doesn't really get me excited so I'll just shave him off the list early

Save Jimmy Stewart

• Sad 2

Naomi Watts

red carpet oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

Wow she has had a very eclectic filmography. Mulholland Drive and The Ring? Birdman and King Kong? Speaking of David Lynch, she also joined the new 2017 version of Twin Peaks. Remember when that show got cut early in the 90s rankdown? Wow I haaaated Twin Peaks yet I'm still sad that it got cut by someone who had never even heard of it lololol. She was nominated for an Oscar for 21 Grams and for The Impossible. I feel like Mulholland Drive will always be her most iconic performance but maybe The Impossible is more mainstream, idk. For some reason The Impossible makes me roll my eyes and I have yet to meet a David Lynch project that I've liked, so I'm probably holding that stuff against her. oh well

Save Debbie Reynolds

• Sad 3

Betty Gilpin

330px-Betty_Gilpin_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Betty Gilpin is an American actress best known for portraying Debbie "Liberty Belle" Eagan in the series GLOW fro 2017 to 2019. For this role, she was nominated for three Primetime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series; I never thought GLOW was classified as a comedy since I thought it was about women's wrestling. Another role she's had was Dr. Carrie Roman in  Nurse Jackie from 2013 to 2015. She's also appeared in films such as True Story, a mystery thriller, in 2015, the science fiction romantic comedy Future '38 in 2017, a fantasy romantic comedy Isn't It Romantic in 2019, and an action comedy Stuber in 2019. She starred in The Hunt in 2020 and won a Critics' Choice Super Award for Best Actress in an Action Movie, but for now out she goes from the rankdown.

Save: Ian McKellan

Lucas Hedges

Lucas Hedges on His Role in Broadway's The Waverly Gallery

Okay people are starting to cut actors I really like so I'll take out a more currently ~popular~ one that I always thought was just okay. Lucas Hedges is an American actor who is EVERYWHERE. I first remember him from Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom where he got his start as a child actor. Since then, he has really been all over the map. I have seen him in Lady Bird, Manchester By the Sea, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, The Grand Budapest Hotel, actually I guess that's it. Looking at his filmography now it's not as big as I expected it to be. I think he just has a pretty big presence in the movies he's in. I think my favorite performance from him is easily Lady Bird, where he played the main character's boyfriend. He did a good job there. I just don't think he's done anything mindblowing yet but he has a lot of time to really establish himself as a tour de force. For now, I think this is a very fair spot for him.

Save: James Dean

Kaitlin Olson

Kaitlin Olson Age, Height, Biography, Husband, Kids & Family

I'm not really familiar with her but I like her vibe a lot! Ohhhh jk she's on Always Sunny, a show I really don't like. :ph34rwave: I still like her vibe though but I think this is a fair spot for her. Kaitlin Olson is an American actress. She is most well-known for her continued portrayal of Sweet Dee in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. She is married to Rob McElhenney who is ridiculously attractive. She has Emmy nominations for her work in Flipped and Hacks. She also has done another comedy series called The Micks. She's a comedy gal! Kaitlin has starred in such films as Finding Dory, The Heat, Leap Year, and Arizona. She's definitely an iconic queen in the comedy TV world. But out she goes from the rankdown now.

Save: Reese Witherspoon

Clark Gable

Clark-Gable.jpg?w=400&h=300&c=crop

I'm glad a few more classic era actors got saved (specifically the ones I wanted to see stick around but was too lazy to save) so now I feel less bad about cutting one I don't really care about :ph34rwave:. Clark Gable is obviously a legend. He's probably most known for starring in Gone with the Wind as Rhett Butler, one of the most iconic films in cinematic history. If Vivien Leigh doesn't need to be in this game anymore though then Clark Gable sure as hell doesn't need to be :kissbye:. Gable starred in 8 films with Joan Crawford from films such as Dance, Fools, Dance to Dancing Lady to Strange Cargo. He earned an Academy Award for his performance in It Happened One Night. He took a short break from acting to serve in World War II (and even made some war propaganda films), but returned to film soon after and continued to work up until his death. His final role was in The Misfits, which was released after his death, which was also Marilyn Monroe's final film role. I'm not super well-versed with classic films, but I definitely know of the big ones here and there. Of course I've seen Gone with the Wind, but I actually haven't seen much more from Gable.

Save Andrew Garfield

Zooey Deschanel

GettyImages-1388069880.jpeg?width=1200

Zooey Deschanel has perfected the "quirky girl" archetype. From New Girl to 500 Days of Summer she is fun, a little out there, but relatable. Does she have the range outside of these roles she's been typecast in? I'm not sure. One of Deschanel's first films was Almost Famous which is obviously a pretty big film so that's kind of interesting. Soon after that she did a few Indie films, including Manic which I've never starred but was the first film starring her and JGL so now I'm intrigued, and All the Real Girls which earned her a Spirit nomination. I'd actually be curious to seem of these Indie films Deschanel was in and if she was the "quirky" girl or if there was more there. She had her major breakthrough in Elf. She kinda played the straight man there, but she still had some quirky traits that she's known for. She's solid in 500 Days of Summer, but that's really JGL's movie for me. New Girl is where Deschanel really owns the screen. I feel like New Girl has kind of built momentum as the years have gone on and has aged pretty well. Jessica Day is such a lovable character and could've been really terrible in the wrong hands. I don't think Deschanel has done much worthy of staying in the game, but I'm looking forward to seeing what's next for her (and she bagged a Property Brother so good for her!)

Save Regina King

• Like 2

Lizzy Caplan

330px-Lizzy_Caplan_at_PaleyFest_2014.jpg

So I've seen Lizzy Caplan in her to most iconic roles, Mean Girl and Cloverfeld, but like a lot of movies I watch, I never bothered to really learn who the main actress was or check out their other work. Let's see what she's done since those two movies. Lizzy also starred on the TV shows Related (2005–2006), The Class (2006–2007), and Party Down (2009–2010), none of which I have seen. She played Virginia E. Johnson on Masters of Sex from 2013 to 2016 for which she received nominations for a Primetime Emmy, two Satellite Awards, and a Critics' Choice Award. She also hd a role in Castle Rock.. Not too sure she's has a lot of recent work except a show called Inside Job that I've never heard of, so I think she's a more than fair elimination at this point. 

Save: Imelda Stanton