Should Selena be a Coach on The Voice?

CocoaPuffs

6 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

Hear me out … don’t attack me for this bc Ik everyone says she can’t sing Selena Gomez would be such a fun coach just bc she’s so likable, intelligent and thoughtful… 😭 … okay that’s all 

That's just it.  She wouldn't be.  Based on the terrible reviews she got from Gwen's team when she was just a Battle advisor in season nine, I doubt that she'd bring much to the table as a full-fledged coach.  The other coaches would eat her for lunch.

7 minutes ago, Rodney said:

That's just it.  She wouldn't be.  Based on the terrible reviews she got from Gwen's team when she was just a Battle advisor in season nine, I doubt that she'd bring much to the table as a full-fledged coach.  The other coaches would eat her for lunch.

What reviews did she get from Gwen’s team??? 💀 

7 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I could list several reasons why I personally disagree w that haha but also im just a fan of her so I’m obviously biased. Terrible is def a stretch tho imo lol. I would take Ellie Lawrence’s opinion with a grain of salt. 

2 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

Ellie Lawrence said sum ab her being a bad coach which is kinda rude actually 😭 

She didn't really say anything useful to them or give any helpful tips or advice, basically.  She just nodded and agreed with whatever Gwen said rather than offer up any of her own perspective.  Sounds like she didn't do that good of a job at all.

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

I wouldn't put too much weight on what she did in Season 9. These advisors are there for 1-2 days? Maybe 3 days max? It's just a paycheck, really. Some of them do a lot with their time (Snoop, Kristen Chenoweth, Taylor, I even recall Camila being pretty engaged), others just phone it in and go home right after (Selena, Ellie, Ed all come to mind). No shame in that.

But if it's a show you've signed onto for multiple weeks/months at a time, you're gonna get more effort put in for sure. And it also comes with growth/maturity as well. Selena is 30 now and owns a production company and while that doesn't necessarily guarantee that she will be super hands-on or a big help, I feel like a coaching role is something she'd be more suited for now versus back in 2015.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CocoaPuffs said:

Hear me out … don’t attack me for this bc Ik everyone says she can’t sing Selena Gomez would be such a fun coach just bc she’s so likable, intelligent and thoughtful… 😭 … okay that’s all 

I don’t know how many times I’m going to have to say this but NO. She was a Battle Advisor and she was god-awful. The second worst advisor in the history of the show. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

I don’t know how many times I’m going to have to say this but NO. She was a Battle Advisor and she was god-awful. The second worst advisor in the history of the show. 

Thank you.  So no thanks to her.

41 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Ellie Goulding, apparently 

Shocked that Hailee Steinfeld isn’t one of the worst. I don’t remember much about s14 but bringing someone who had released like 3 songs at the time didn’t seem like a good idea. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

She didn't really say anything useful to them or give any helpful tips or advice, basically.  She just nodded and agreed with whatever Gwen said rather than offer up any of her own perspective.  Sounds like she didn't do that good of a job at all.

54 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Thank you.  So no thanks to her.

56 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

☠️ I thought y’all would give actual reasons for why she would be a good/bad coach … not based off of how y’all think she was a “god-awful” advisor 7 years ago when she was probably there for a day … y’all low key sound like weird haters. 

5 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

☠️ I thought y’all would give actual reasons for why she would be a good/bad coach … not based off of how y’all think she was a “god-awful” advisor 7 years ago when she was probably there for a day … y’all low key sound like weird haters. 

She did a bad job. What other actual reason is there?

Plenty of other advisers were there “for a day” and made a great impression. Some even did so well that they were offered a Coach chair. 

Edited by AngelaKD

54 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

She can't sing. That's the reason. 

When you perform live like this...Yeah, i don't think you are the best material for a coach

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

She can't sing. That's the reason. 

I mean...

arianakiss-arianagrande.gif

Personally i just feel like Selena doesn't fit as a coach, not really about her voice or lack of since you don't need to sing well in order to judge singing and picking good songs.

Edited by Shinuki
  • Like 1

Blake is a much stronger vocalist that what he´s given credit for, mainly due to the bro country crap he releases every once in a while. 

But going back on topic, yeah, you don´t really need to be a master vocalist to be a coach. There´s actual vocal coaches that work there. You do need charisma, good instincts, and ability to form a good team and sell it to the audience.

• Like 2