Should Selena be a Coach on The Voice?

CocoaPuffs

i will say, i don’t have the impression that camila or alicia are as strong vocalists as kelly, ariana, or jhud, but they each did a very good job in pitching themselves in the blinds. beyond that, the coaches’ main duty is to pitch the contestants to the audience, which requires similar skills* — not only charisma, like others have said, but also an ability to frame an argument and support it with evidence in a way that is palatable to the core audience of the voice (#ap lang). in some cases this can be really informal, as in just commending the performance and letting it speak for itself (which can be effective ig, but imo mainly for very strong performances), but in other cases, it can be pushing some claim about the contestant, like the “contestant X is only Y years old!”

*I will say, I think pitching to an audience seems more challenging because a coach has to get the right feel for what will work for them, since it is a diverse group of people; plus, coaches have the added benefit of some contestants picking them just on the basis of their work before coaching on The Voice.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 10:41 PM, Gustavo527 said:

She can't sing. That's the reason. 

When you perform live like this...Yeah, i don't think you are the best material for a coach

Yes 😻 use the performance where she had a severe panic attack and was struggling with health issues (lupus)  moments before … literal headlines about it … 

Just a few of MANY that prove your rude ass statement otherwise:-) …

You can make a point without discrediting someone’s talent. To make fun of and discredit an immensely talented  strong woman who is not only a singer but also a very skilled & successful actress, producer, songwriter, etc. is LOSER behavior. 

That’s all. 

Edited by CocoaPuffs
  • Like 3

Yes!! Absolutely yes!!! She is my favorite artist ever!!! One of the best singers ever!! She could be a really excellent coach, in fact, i think she would the best coach in history, no doubt. She can easily surpass Kelly and even Blake in wins, because she is extremely talented, she should be hired as a coach ASAP 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 .

Happy y'all??? I'm going to sleep now 🥱🥱

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Yes!! Absolutely yes!!! She is my favorite artist ever!!! One of the best singers ever!! She could be a really excellent coach, in fact, i think she would the best coach in history, no doubt. She can easily surpass Kelly and even Blake in wins, because she is extremely talented, she should be hired as a coach ASAP 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 .

Happy y'all??? I'm going to sleep now 🥱🥱

My dude you are making me lmfao so hard with your posts!

Your shade is perfect, and I only wish to achieve 10% of your sarcasm. :rofl:

• Haha 1