The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

Michael B., just like Mary Kate, tremendously improved from his Blind.

Ryley, as always, is really amazing, but I'll give the edge to Michael. 

Edited by allistr
  • Like 2

Just now, allistr said:

Michael B., just like Mary Kate, tremendously improved from his Blind.

Ryley, as always, is really amazing, but I'll give the edge to Michael. 

@Hamza Tufailyou see I just praised Michael so please do not cancel me for ranking him last in team Niall thread ☹️

• Like 1

Michael was amazing in that battle, I’d always liked his tone from his blind but here it was on full display. Ryley’s voice blended very well with his during the harmonies but I feel like it really was a song for Michael. 

• Like 6

the upbeat part in there was so weird and makes me think they didn’t rly think too deeply about what they were singing about

michael was several orders of magnitude stronger than ryley. michael has a fuller, stronger voice, better falsetto (?), cooler runs here. would’ve been fine with ryley being eliminated to be honest.

• Like 1

Just now, QueenCami said:

the upbeat part in there was so weird and makes me think they didn’t rly think too deeply about what they were singing about

michael was several orders of magnitude stronger than ryley. michael has a fuller, stronger voice, better falsetto (?), cooler runs here. would’ve been fine with ryley being eliminated to be honest.

also most certainly wouldn’t have given him the playoffs pass. i think he needed to perform in the knockouts — that way he could prove people like me wrong and really show us why he’s in the semifinals. i’m not yet convinced and he only has one more performance to show me why he’s there.

that being said, congrats to both! Michael was excellent and there wasn’t anything to fault Ryley for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

I can't say I'd be fine with Ryley eliminated, but here he was completely overshadowed by Michael.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arsh said:

Michael 🔥

so impressed with him! he had my least favorite successful blind audition but KILLED it here. now i can see why Hamza is such a fan!

5 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Michael was insane y'all. I'm sooooo sad they bussed him with "The Joke" in the Playoffs. :(

aww :( well at least we get his knockout still too and who knows maybe he’ll make The Joke work. i’m glad we got this performance at least bc the song choice for his blind audition did not work for me at all

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Michael was insane y'all. I'm sooooo sad they bussed him with "The Joke" in the Playoffs. :(

Well I hope this doesn't turn out to be bad and he goes home on a high note.

Edited by allistr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I can't say I'd be fine with Ryley eliminated, but here he was completely overshadowed by Michael.

yeah definitely feels like a victory of experience over younger talent.

i think i would be fine with his elimination for two reasons:

a) he didn’t show us anything very interesting in this performance and i felt like this song is supposed to be emotional and sad but the performance didn’t strike me as that (which is unfortunate bc that’s something the coaches lauded him for in the blinds)

b) I prefer Michael and other pop male vocalists (JB, Marcos) to Ryley. I think what shocked me about Ryley’s voice at first was how thin but powerful it was, but matched up against a fuller voice, it’s exceedingly clear to me that I prefer Michael’s voice. Furthermore, the rest of the singers I quoted have strengths / interesting elements that make me prefer them to Ryley.

• Like 1

By the way, this is not the first time a one chair turn named Michael beats a four chair turn in battles on a new coach’s team (though it’s unclear if the coaches interpret the playoff pass as a battle win or not)

1 minute ago, Cookie73 said:

By the way, this is not the first time a one chair turn named Michael beats a four chair turn in battles on a new coach’s team (though it’s unclear if the coaches interpret the playoff pass as a battle win or not)

All the coaches clearly preferred Michael.

1 minute ago, Cookie73 said:

Now that we’ve seen both of Niall’s Semifinalists

-Ryley had the better audition

-Gina had the better battle performance

Gina will get an extra performance.

Just now, Arsh said:

Gina will get an extra performance.

Yeah. This is the first area where the playoff pass seems to be a negative. I feel like Ryley would have benefit more from the Knockouts, because Gina passed him as my Team Niall favorite, and he won’t be able to rebound if I like Gina’s Knockout. Not to mention that unlike Manasseh and Mary Kate, Ryley survives the playoffs.