The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Thought experiment: If S21, were Blake’s last season, would Wendy have won?

I'm going to say no...

It definitely would've been closer, but I'm pretty sure GNT swept. That would be hard to overcome.

The only way I can see it being different is if TPTB decided that Blake should have that win, i.e. by giving GNT less favorable edit, performance slots, song choices etc, but even then I'm not sure.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Thought experiment: If S21, were Blake’s last season, would Wendy have won?

Imagine if she had done something like this. 

Song: I Still Believe In You - Vince Gill 

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'm pretty sure that Minivan would still have acussed her of yelling in an iconic song. In fact, some Karen actually did it on Instagram 

I mean, she kept it as simple as she could, and I think it would've been received very well. Paris and Hailey were way less polarizing than Wendy, and she still surpassed them. I think if she had performed songs like that instead of Blue Bayou or Freeway of Love, she would've had a much better chance.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I mean, she kept it as simple as she could, and I think it would've been received very well. Paris and Hailey were way less polarizing than Wendy, and she still surpassed them. I think if she had performed songs like that instead of Blue Bayou or Freeway of Love, she would've had a much better chance.

They would just find a different excuse, like her level of experience. It was the same exact pattern with Morgan. Ironically, a lot of people complaining about Morgan’s experience were Blake stans who were probably voting for Wendy the season prior. 

Having said that, there’s no way a 56 year old female would finish as runner-up on any other team, and from a marketability standpoint, I can’t argue with a GNT win. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They would just find a different excuse, like her level of experience. It was the same exact pattern with Morgan. Ironically, a lot of people complaining about Morgan’s experience were Blake stans who were probably voting for Wendy the season prior. 

Having said that, there’s no way a 56 year old female would finish as runner-up on any other team, and from a marketability standpoint, I can’t argue with a GNT win. 

Of course. But I think if that was Blake's last season, and if she had done few country performances, she would've had a better chance.

I also agree with the marketability point.

I was actually listening to a vocal coach reaction on GNT and Wendy (Coach Name: Tristan Paredes). He said, "If this show is about: who is the better vocalist?, then Wendy is the true winner, and it's not debatable.

But if this show is about producing artists that can chart on iTunes, then I can't argue with the decision." (He checked on Wiki and found out that GNT had 4 performances in the iTunes top 10 at a time.)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Lol completely forgot about Raspy King Domenic and Kween Kendra.

Yeah. Right after I typed this I saw them on your list of favorite auditions that season. And I think both are in my Top 10 that season as well (Kendra had one of my favorite one chair auditions ever).

• Like 1

So, just for simple guesses (this is bound to be wrong, but we can come back to it and laugh at how wrong/right it was), and assuming Blake is winning, because, let´s face it, I don´t think anybody on another team has the strength to stop him, who out of these do you view as the one with the most potential to take it just based on what you´ve seen? 

Tasha Jessen
Grace West
Kylee Hendrickson
Walker Wilson
Neil Salsich
NOIVAS (stolen from Chance)
Playoff Pass: Marykate Conner

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Of course. But I think if that was Blake's last season, and if she had done few country performances, she would've had a better chance.

I also agree with the marketability point.

I was actually listening to a vocal coach reaction on GNT and Wendy (Coach Name: Tristan Paredes). He said, "If this show is about: who is the better vocalist?, then Wendy is the true winner, and it's not debatable.

But if this show is about producing artists that can chart on iTunes, then I can't argue with the decision." (He checked on Wiki and found out that GNT had 4 performances in the iTunes top 10 at a time.)

Other than the $100K, I doubt anyone can make a convincing argument that winning would have benefitted Wendy much. She’d be doing the same things she currently doing anyway. She stays pretty busy. 

• Like 3

Just now, Misirlou said:

So, just for simple guesses (this is bound to be wrong, but we can come back to it and laugh at how wrong/right it was), and assuming Blake is winning, because, let´s face it, I don´t think anybody on another team has the strength to stop him, who out of these do you view as the one with the most potential to take it just based on what you´ve seen? 

Tasha Jessen
Grace West
Kylee Hendrickson
Walker Wilson
Neil Salsich

I’m not taking the bait. It’s way too early for this. :haha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Yeah. Right after I typed this I saw them on your list of favorite auditions that season. And I think both are in my Top 10 that season as well (Kendra had one of my favorite one chair auditions ever).

She had the 2nd best after Jeffrey imo. Followed by Chris Blue, Nicholas David, Barry Minniefield, Cody Belew and Jessica Childress.

Edited by Jaffy

Just now, Misirlou said:

Wouldn´t be IDF with mostly incorrect guesses before the season begins :haha:

I usually don’t like to attempt to pick a winner before the season starts. I’ll pick a handful of contestants who I think have a good chance of contending, but I think it’s even too early for that. There are a handful of them on Team Blake who are probably capable of winning, depending on several factors. For the other teams, I have no clue whatsoever. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jaffy said:

Yeah everyone that season was mediocre except Maelyn, Jej, Mari, Beth & Rebecca.

Obviously Maelyn was far superior than everyone but I personally don't think Season 16's contestants were

mediocre,in fact I liked most of them , they were just screwed by the format. Mediocre is S22.

Morgan,Kim,Omar,Justin and Kique were the only ones I liked in terms of vocals 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Tasha Jessen
Grace West
Kylee Hendrickson
Walker Wilson
Neil Salsich

Way too early for this but what the heck.

POWER RANKING

1. Neil - Super talented, minivan friendly. More likely this seasons GNT than its Carson Peters.

2. NOIVAS - Flawless gospel singer. This seasons Wendy/Paris.

3. Grace - This seasons Lana Scott.

4. MaryKate- Won the playoff pass.

5. Tasha - Slim chance she could beat NOIVAS due to her being OG Team Blake.

6. Kylee - Slim chance she could beat Grace based on her three chair turn. Ranking her below Tasha due to her BP, MaryKate receiving the playoff pass and being too similar to her vocally.

7. Walker - Slim chance he could beat Neil, but I doubt it the most of anyone. Sorry Walker fans.

Honestly though, literally any of them, including Walker, could easily win their KO and the season.

Edited by Jaffy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tmp 12 said:

Obviously Maelyn was far superior than everyone but I personally don't think Season 16's contestants were

mediocre,in fact I liked most of them , they were just screwed by the format. Mediocre is S22.

Morgan,Kim,Omar,Justin and Kique were the only ones I liked in terms of vocals 

Yeah that was hyperbole. Sorry.

I agree. Those 5 and I liked Parijita.

Edited by Jaffy