The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

Just now, Hsamid said:

Yeah she hasn't really gotten a pimp spot. But my point was that out of all the contestants, she's probably the one that can get by without TPTB's help. She could sleepwalk to the semifinals atleast, imo.

We’ll see. 

29 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Yeah she hasn't really gotten a pimp spot. But my point was that out of all the contestants, she's probably the one that can get by best without TPTB's help. 

Generally, adult females need some help to make the finale, and there hasn’t been a female soloist winner since Maelyn. That was more than three years ago. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

Blake and Niall seem to genuinely like Grace. But she's been somewhat hidden from viewers, and voting during the live semifinals broadcast will determine the finalists. Grace shouldn't have a problem being one of the five—provided she has decent songs on May 15. Taking home the trophy on May 23 will be a challenge, though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Generally, adult females need some help to make the finale, and there hasn’t been a female soloist winner since Maelyn. That was more than three years ago. 

All correct. But I think Grace has a few things going for her that someone like Morgan Myles didn't.

She's on Team Blake first of all, and wasn't she also the last person Blake ever turned for in the blinds? Might make a story out of that.

Secondly, we know she's the last standing country artist on Blake, and the only other person she's competing with in her lane is also a female country singer who leans more towards a powerhouse style, which risks being labeled "screamer" by a good portion of the voting demographic.

I'd say her odds are as good as anyone winning this season so long as she performs up to standard, and for all we know they could start pimping her the upcoming rounds.

Edited by Hsamid

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I'd say her odds are as good as anyone winning this season so long as she performs up to standard, and for all we know they could start pimping her the upcoming rounds.

I enjoy her song choices so far but she probably needs something more competitive moving forward.

53 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

When was the last time that the same team got leaked twice in a row?? 🤔

Samuel/BrittanyBree and Shadale/Samara but those were on a Tuesday and a Monday. Interestingly, both were non-steals too.

4 hours ago, Hsamid said:

risks being labeled "screamer" by a good portion of the voting demographic

Speaking of viewers complaining about screaming, I never expected to see a comment like this for "I Told You So" on The Voice YouTube. 🙄

Emily McMartin

I think Grace over did it like on some parts it was to much high pitch screaming, Carlos actually stayed in tuned.
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RTV said:

Speaking of viewers complaining about screaming, I never expected to see a comment like this for "I Told You So" on The Voice YouTube. 🙄

Emily McMartin

I think Grace over did it like on some parts it was to much high pitch screaming, Carlos actually stayed in tuned.

You can find every type of opinion on every performance, if you look hard enough. I’m not sure why this was even worthy of posting. Who cares?

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

Just now, RTV said:

Emily McMartin

See?? This is what happens when you know nothing about something (in this case, music) and just throw a lot of terms that you don't even know what they mean, just to make your comment look "intelligent"

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AliXRose said:

I enjoy her song choices so far but she probably needs something more competitive moving forward.

Her target audience is the country demo, and the reaction to those song choices has been very positive among that group. Pam Tillis, Randy Travis, Dolly Parton, The Judds…

Whether it’s a winning formula can be debated, but I don’t think that’s her goal anyway. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

See?? This is what happens when you know nothing about something (in this case, music) and just throw a lot of terms that you don't even know what they mean, just to make your comment look "intelligent"

Some people see a female on stage and automatically default to generic terms like “screamer.” That’s honestly the first time I’ve seen that one used for Grace. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Some people see a female on stage and automatically default to generic terms like “screamer.” That’s honestly the first time I’ve seen that one used for Grace. 

That's why the comment was so surprising to me, because most people compliment Grace on her lovely tone. It just proves that any female—not just the powerhouse singers—risks being labeled a screamer.

1 minute ago, RTV said:

That's why the comment was so surprising to me, because most people compliment Grace on her lovely tone. It just proves that any female—not just the powerhouse singers—risks being labeled a screamer.

Sure, but when you have 5 million+ people watching a performance, there will be all sorts of opinions, and many of them don’t make sense at all to most of us. In this instance, we’re talking about an obscure outlier opinion. There are a lot of people who automatically default to the male singer, and feel like they have to justify it somehow. At the end of the day, she had a huge margin of victory on the app, but Carlos did a great job too, which made for good overall battle performance. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RTV said:

Does it though? That’s just one person calling Grace a “screamer”, meanwhile powerhouse singers would have series of Facebook comments calling them the same thing. 99% of the audience will not perceive Grace as a “screamer”.

• Like 4

Has anyone else noticed that many of the contestants got verified, others didn’t, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason? Holly was Miss Mississippi and isn’t even verified, yet Ray is? In the past, nobody got verified until the live rounds, at least. 

Edited by TeamAudra

59 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Does it though? That’s just one person calling Grace a “screamer”, meanwhile powerhouse singers would have series of Facebook comments calling them the same thing. 99% of the audience will not perceive Grace as a “screamer”.

yeah lol those are not equal... 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Has anyone else noticed that many of the contestants got verified, others didn’t, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason? Holly was Miss Mississippi and isn’t even verified, yet Ray is? In the past, nobody got verified until the live rounds, at least. 

I always thought people just chose to get verified or not at their own whim. I never even noticed the bolded.

3 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I always thought people just chose to get verified or not at their own whim. I never even noticed the bolded.

I believe Instagram contacts them, and they have to go through some process. It just seems to be happening earlier this season, but only with some of them. 

• Like 1