American Idol Rankdown 3.0 (Rebooted)

sublymonal

SHANNON MAGRANE

Season 11 - 11th Place

c-PersonalShannonMagrane__IMG9355_161955

Favourite Performance: Go Light Up Your World

Shannon Magrane was a contestant from the eleventh season of American Idol. She received a lot of early focus / hype, but once the live shows hit, it was pretty clear she was in over her head. Her performance in the semi-finals was her best performance, but once the finals hit and theme weeks rolled around, Shannon had two off nights in a row and the voters sent her packing. Imagine being up against Erika Van Pelt and Elise Testone... whew, I'd tell them not to even bother filling out the hour and just pack my bags on the spot. The only thing I really remember about her otherwise was her joking that her rendition of I Have Nothing only had one missed note. Girl please.

SAVE: Bo Bice

Dexter Roberts

ab6761610000e5ebd027763246a3c941ae10b82a

Dexter Roberts is a male country singer who was on both American Idol and The Voice. I remember him more for his run on The Voice was quite mediocre despite that the fact that he finished in 3rd place on season 16 of The Voice. Dexter didn't fair as well on American as he only finished in 7th place on season 13 of American Idol so I can only imagine he was just as bad on there if not worse than he was on The Voice. Here he is singing Boondocks by Little Big Town.

6 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Dexter Roberts

ab6761610000e5ebd027763246a3c941ae10b82a

Dexter Roberts is a male country singer who was on both American Idol and The Voice. I remember him more for his run on The Voice was quite mediocre despite that the fact that he finished in 3rd place on season 16 of The Voice. Dexter didn't fair as well on American as he only finished in 7th place on season 13 of American Idol so I can only imagine he was just as bad on there if not worse than he was on The Voice. Here he is singing Boondocks by Little Big Town.

@*Wallace’s favourite :wub: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Dalton Rapattoni

Dalton Rapattoni, over his 'stupid mistake' on 'Idol,' will perform at  Trees on Sunday

Me cutting Colton and Dalton in the same round! We have learned that the emo boy package does not work for Derek apparently! But it has mostly to do with his voice and performances. To Dalton's credit, he was certainly memorable. Like I thought I knew Season 15 really well but then someone cut Tristan McIntosh and apparently I should have known who she was, that is so crazy if you told me she was from the COVID season or something I wouldn't have blinked. Dalton made it to TOP THREE on this season which is egregious. Idol has had a lot of questionable people make Top 3 over the years but this one sticks out to me in particular. Imagine being Dalton and somehow voted through and having to compete againt Trent and La’Porsha. I would simply pass away. I would contract an illness. I would pretend to have lost my voice and stop speaking altogether. But Dalton persevered and took his 3rd place elimination like a champ and disappeared into the night. Actually I assume he didn't completely vanish off the face of the earth but we've reached the end of this write-up so you'll have to do your own research to find out his current goings-on

Save La’Porsha

Posted (edited)

Lindsey Cardinale

143027__lindsey_l-f60c662a3593477db6c30c

Lol this image is from a 2005 EW article titled "How Lindsey Cardinale can win 'American Idol'". Umm maybe develop some talent and sabotage the other 11 people in the top 12? Okay, wait a minute! It appears they wrote this for every member of the top 12. Okay, fair enough. Tbh there's other nominees I dislike more, but I'm very tired and I'm still riding high from the Rangers win so I elected to go the easy route. Lindsey was underwhelming throughout the entire top 24 portion of S4. No trainwrecks, but nothing all that inspiring. She snuck into the top 12, didn't really commit any huge robberies along the way. I mean I'm an Aloha Mischeaux stan down, but she had a rough performance when she went home and Queen Janay Castine was probably the bigger issue lol. So yeah, Lindsey makes the top 12 only to deliver another mediocre performance, but there was nowhere left to hide. Sure Mikalah Gordon's performance was a trainwreck, but at least it was memorable. And that's why Lindsey is getting cut here as well. There's bigger trainwreck contestants, but I remember Lazaro's trainwreck group performance where he was almost murdered by Devil Velez more than anything Lindsey did on the show. And sometimes that's what's more important.

Speaking of trainwrecks, save Lil Rounds lol

Edited by Alex95

WADE COTA

american-idol-wade-cota.jpg

Wade Cota competed on Season 17 of American Idol. He placed 4th/5th with Laci Kaye Booth. Honestly, I was very bitter that he outlasted Dimitrius Graham, Jeremiah Lloyd Harmon and Alyssa Raghu. During his time on the show he sang "Work Song", "All I Want", "Trouble", "Simple Man", "You've Got a Friend in Me", "We Are the Champions", "With a Little Help from My Friends", "Through the Valley", "You Are the Best Thing", "Rocket Man" and"Hard Luck Woman". Wade's voice kinda felt a little grating on my ears and I think that's why I just didn't like his performances. If I had to give a fave performance of his, I suppose it will be either "Work Song" or "All I Want". Anyways, easy save here with Nya since she sang my South Africa diva (Tyla) song "Water"!

Save: Nya!

download.jpg.b558a1269c3fb3ed10d0f1fe35fbb2f3.jpg

Jordan Anthony competed on The Voice Australia and American Idol. He made it all the way to fourth place. While on Idol, he only made it to the top 14. Some songs he sang were "Titanium", "When The Party's Over", "Attention" and "I Wanna Dance With Somebody." He was a very mediocre pop singer who will probably keep singing. Small rant: I think they shouldn't allow international acts on American Idol like he could've went on Australian Idol. This might be unpopular but I know they have been including more and more as the season goes on. 

440px-KellieP.JPG

Kellie Pickler

Nobody saved her so I can cut her! You all had your chance! Okay I read her wikipedia page and I feel a little sad. I don't really feel passionately about a lot of the contestants in this specific group though, and Kellie is at least the one I like the least from American Idol (and DWTS and her CMT reality show "I Love Kellie Pickler") so she still ends up on the chopping block. I've never been a fan of Kellie's brand of country but many other people were and are. She became one of the most successful American Idol contestants post-show. I think she potentially would have had a more successful Idol run had she been on a different season, but Season 5 was pretty stacked with talent. Sadly, her husband died by suicide last year. And understandably she hasn't really been on social media since, so I cannot tell you Kellie's recent activities. 

Saving: Anoop Desai

• Like 2

Competing in the Round 3 are:

Anwar Robinson

Burnell Taylor

Diana DeGarmo

Emily Piriz

George Huff

Grace Leer

Jacob Lusk

Joshua Ledet

Lazaro Arbos

Madison VanDenburg

Ramiele Malubay

Rayvon Owen

Rickey Smith

Sophia James

Stefano Langone

Thia Megia

Next group of contestants tonight at 10PM EST.

5 hours ago, sublymonal said:

Gonna post the noms tomorrow night at 10PM EST because Elliott and I just got home from dinner.

I thought I was gonna come home to a post and have to call you lesbophobic for posting when I’m out with all the lesbians in SoCal

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

American Idol Rankdown 3.0

Round 2: Hollywood Week - Solo Round

Group 6

american_idol_-_22hollywood_week22_-_publicity_-_h_2019.jpg?w=1296

Remember, you are advancing 1 to Round 4 and cutting 1. Anyone who isn't advanced or cut will compete in Round 3.

@Alex95 @Elliott @jarmon 

@QueenKalie @thevoiceisthetop @totes4totes @FrogLenzen

Here is your sixth group of contestants:

1. AJ Gil CUT
  2. Alyssa Raghu SAVE
  3. Alyssa Wray CUT
  4. Anthony Federov
  5. Ava Maybee
  6. Beane CUT
  7. Brandon Rogers
  8. Casey Abrams
  9. Charles Grigsby CUT