American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

Most of the women got great edits tonight imo. People like Nutsa, Lucy, Emma, Haven, and Megan (who seemed questionable in their auditions) solidified themselves tonight.

Olivia and Kaeyra got the least screen time but it's better than not being shown at all like Elise and Nailyah. 

The men definitely got less screen time and worse edits. That being said, I don't think anything too significant happened that could change their current trajectories. 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, m1key said:

Most of the women got great edits tonight imo. People like Nutsa, Lucy, Emma, Haven, and Megan (who seemed questionable in their auditions) solidified themselves tonight.

Olivia and Kaeyra got the least screen time but it's better than not being shown at all like Elise and Nailyah. 

The men definitely got less screen time and worse edits. That being said, I don't think anything too significant happened that could change their current trajectories. 

In your opinion, who do you think got the best edits tonight in particular?

Edited by StarWalker1

10 minutes ago, m1key said:

Agreed.  We especially slew her performance in Hollywood.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

In your opinion, who do you think got the best edits tonight?

I'd say Lucy. She had an emotional moment with Jordin sharing her story, gave a CRAZY performance, and the judges/audience went crazy for it. She def could move up to the "contender" category now.

Haven also got a great edit. I think she has always been a contender that IDF has been sleeping on, but the backstory behind her original song + the song itself definitely gave her a boost. 

People like Iam and Wé got great edits as well, but it doesn't matter as much for them since they were always going to be contenders regardless. Good edits in Hollywood are more important for the contestants who were raw in audtions and/or needed to prove the judges wrong.

Edited by m1key
  • Like 4

Duet partners are up in the gallery!

- Elijah McCormick and Lucy Love

- Isaac Brown and Zachariah Smith

- Wé Ani and Pjae

- Kaylin Hedges and Tyson Venegas

- Jayna Elise, Adin Boyer, and Summer Joy

- Kaya Stewart and Fire

- Jon Wayne Hatfield and Preston Duffee

- Oliver Steele and Iam Tongi

- Elise Kristine and Matt Wilson

- Carina D'Angelo and Nutsa

- Hannah Nicolaisen and Warren Peay

- Cam Amen and J Valerione

• Like 1

1 minute ago, m1key said:

Duet partners are up in the gallery!

- Elijah McCormick and Lucy Love

- Isaac Brown and Zachariah Smith

- Wé Ani and Pjae

- Kaylin Hedges and Tyson Venegas

- Jayna Elise, Adin Boyer, and Summer Joy

- Kaya Stewart and Fire

- Jon Wayne Hatfield and Preston Duffee

- Oliver Steele and Iam Tongi

- Elise Kristine and Matt Wilson

- Carina D'Angelo and Nutsa

- Hannah Nicolaisen and Warren Peay

- Cam Amen and J Valerione

Thanks! Hope this means that they'll all be shown at great lengths and not montaged!

So far looks like Lucy, Zachariah, We, Fire, Oliver, Iam, Matt, Nutsa, and Hannah will be shown both days this week!

Very early to say but I think this is the best group of semifinalists since Season 11. Not one dud in the bunch from what I’ve seen so far. Emma and Hannah really won me over tonight, and Haven is starting to grow on me as well. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

I cannot think of a scenario Haven isn’t in the Top 12 now…or 14…

This is going to be an interesting season. There’s a lot of people who I think would be THE front runner on past seasons, and having them all competing against each other this season will inevitably result in some early shock boots. I can name several people right now who I think should make the Top 10 and I’m sure not all of them will. 

You’ve got the ones that seem like a sure thing like: Iam, Colin, Haven, Tyson, Elijah, Wé, Marybeth, Oliver, Olivia

And then you’ve got people who could truly emerge as a dark horse like: Emma, Matt, Hannah, Lucy, Megan, Kaeyra

Ugh, it’s gonna be such a good season. We might get a crappy winner but I think I’ll enjoy it either way. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

Very early to say but I think this is the best group of semifinalists since Season 11. Not one dud in the bunch from what I’ve seen so far. Emma and Hannah really won me over tonight, and Haven is starting to grow on me as well. 

I definitely agree with you about this. Initially, I wasn't really feeling some of the talent this season. But, after the first night of Hollywood Week, I think I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the season now. And I think the talent might be better than I gave some of them credit for.

1 hour ago, Carrie_On said:

This is going to be an interesting season. There’s a lot of people who I think would be THE front runner on past seasons, and having them all competing against each other this season will inevitably result in some early shock boots. I can name several people right now who I think should make the Top 10 and I’m sure not all of them will. 

You’ve got the ones that seem like a sure thing like: Iam, Colin, Haven, Tyson, Elijah, Wé, Marybeth, Oliver, Olivia

And then you’ve got people who could truly emerge as a dark horse like: Emma, Matt, Hannah, Lucy, Megan, Kaeyra

Ugh, it’s gonna be such a good season. We might get a crappy winner but I think I’ll enjoy it either way. 

I agree with you about this as well. I just hope we really get a decent winner this time around.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, m1key said:

Facebook is loving Haven. Idol's first post of her performance has more likes than Iam's right now 👀 

this is why I say there is no way she isn’t making the top 14…the top 3 favourites are Colin, Iam and Haven…

on You Tube Nutsa has the most views at 533k though it was posted 3 days ago. posted last night Iam with 259k at #2 .Haven at #3 with 198k and We at #4 with 128k.

So I heard for tonight’s Duet Rounds on American Idol S21, the judges let everybody (not just the Platinum Ticket recipients, but every contestant this season that made it through to the Duet Rounds) choose their own duet partners again this season.

Personally, I liked it more when the duet partners were assigned by the judges, like in the Battle Rounds of The Voice, where the battle partners are always decided on by the coach, but still, I can’t wait for tonight’s episode!! 💙

Edited by JodiRose