So You Think You Can Dance Season 17

4 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Welp, my streak on my favourite winning is now 0-17. 😭 

Happy for Alexis though.

I'm a little sorry that your favorite lost, Elliott, but since Alexis was my girl and I wanted a female ballroom dancer to win, I have this to say:

YAAYYY!!!!  :clap:  :teeheebounce:

Edited by CarmenSandiego

Just now, CarmenSandiego said:

I'm a little sorry that your favorite lost, but since Alexis was my girl and I wanted a female ballroom dancer to win, I have this to say:

YAAYYY!!!!  :clap:  :teeheebounce:

whoopi-okay.gif

not sure why you need to quote me in your gloating but you do you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, istersay said:

I must not be paying attention :rofl:

I think it was the lead-in to a commercial break the previous two episodes. :haha: They have the audition form on their website as well.

Though it’s possible they’re just doing it preemptively, but I can’t imagine Fox not renewing the show.

4 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

SLAY at her breaking the curse of female Ballroom dancers. :wub: 

It was a sad moment when I realized during the finale that regardless of where she placed, she was already the highest ranking ballroom woman on the show. :dead:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

SLAY at her breaking the curse of female Ballroom dancers. :wub: 

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It was a sad moment when I realized during the finale that regardless of where she placed, she was already the highest ranking ballroom woman on the show. :dead:

Oh wait, I forgot one of the Arnolds placed second.

nvm now I’m happy Alexis won :wub:

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Elliott said:

whoopi-okay.gif

not sure why you need to quote me in your gloating but you do you. 

Well, I was trying to be sympathetic but I was too happy that Alexis won to avoid gloating.  Sorry, Elliott.

Actually, I really should be sorry that I couldn't resist gloating because I had three favorites who won -- Sabra from Season 3, Hannahlei and now Alexis.  You have no favorites who won, and that is a shame.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

11 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Oh wait, I forgot one of the Arnolds placed second.

nvm now I’m happy Alexis won :wub:

Oh, that's right. I forgot about Jensen finishing as runner-up of season 15 in 2018.

Edited by RTV

6 hours ago, Elliott said:

Welp, my streak on my favourite winning is now 0-17. 😭 

Happy for Alexis though.

I only got 2 out of 17 lol

Ok so first of all, history was made with the first female Ballroom US winner! It was long overdue and I am happy for Alexis to be that person.

She is definitely very deserving, and she’s killed it on the finale in every routine.

One thing that didn’t sit well with me though is that the audience members could have literally seen them for the first time on the finale so I felt like the decision was made based on that performance show only instead of their whole journeys, and I am wondering how it would have worked out had the people at home voted. 

Don’t get me wrong, Alexis has been fantastic all season, and she had better performances than Keaton on the finale (he looked really exhausted and I don’t blame him) but comparing their both runs, I thought Keaton had a slightly better and more challenging journey.

But I am happy with the result anyway, this was an amazing top two and they both gave it their all. ❤️ I will need to re-watch the routines to comment in more detail but on the first watch, Alexis and Jason’s Contemporary was the standout of the night for me.

Edited by Erestor
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Erestor said:

One thing that didn’t sit well with me though is that the audience members could have literally seen them for the first time on the finale so I felt like the decision was made based on that performance show only instead of their whole journeys, and I am wondering how it would have worked out had the people at home voted. 

Don’t get me wrong, Alexis has been fantastic all season, and she had better performances than Keaton on the finale (he looked really exhausted and I don’t blame him) but comparing their both runs, I thought Keaton had a slightly better and more challenging journey.

But I am happy with the result anyway, this was an amazing top two and they both gave it their all. ❤️ I will need to re-watch the routines to comment in more detail but on the first watch, Alexis and Jason’s Contemporary was the standout of the night for me.

This was what Andrew and I felt, too. Alexis had the stronger finale might but Keaton had the stronger body of work. Both were deserving winners depending on your criteria, but I think the voting format benefited Alexis. Given how terribly ballroom dancers usually do on America’s votes, I wouldn’t be surprised if she had been in the bottom more often than not.

Based off when the finale was taped, only up to the Top 10 show had been aired. (The finale was taped a couple of hours before the Top 8 show would’ve aired.) That was the week Alexis first landed in the bottom, so I wonder if that also contributed to it since the finale was heavy in the “first ballroom woman to win” storyline. :haha:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Elliott said:

This was what Andrew and I felt, too. Alexis had the stronger finale might but Keaton had the stronger body of work. Both were deserving winners depending on your criteria, but I think the voting format benefited Alexis. Given how terribly ballroom dancers usually do on America’s votes, I wouldn’t be surprised if she had been in the bottom more often than not.

Based off when the finale was taped, only up to the Top 10 show had been aired. (The finale was taped a couple of hours before the Top 8 show would’ve aired.) That was the week Alexis first landed in the bottom, so I wonder if that also contributed to it since the finale was heavy in the “first ballroom woman to win” storyline. :haha:

Yeah, while the format might have worked on a week by week basis with studio members deciding the bottom 4 dancers, I think the vote for the winner should have been based on their entire journey, and some people probably saw Alexis and Keaton dance for the first time on the finale. Not to mention that they still used the title „America’s favorite dancer” which, from what I saw on social media, is rubbing a lot of people the wrong way as they were unable to vote.

But it is what it is, let’s celebrate this moment for Alexis and I am really happy about her being the first female Ballroom dancer to win, even if it meant Keaton loosing. Both have bright careers ahead of them. :yes: