So You Think You Can Dance Season 17

On 7/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, Erestor said:

Well mine isn't much better, especially for the past few years. :haha: But I do of course remember Audrey stepping in for Allison and dancing with Logan. :wub:

I totally forgot about that but I suddenly remember it now. :haha: 

Enjoyable show. I do think the All-Stars breathed some life into the routines and that the contestants stepped it up. I thought everyone did really well. I would say that Alexis and Essence probably had my favorite dances but I honestly enjoyed everyone's dances. Essence in particular really impressed me and I'm so glad she had this moment! ❤️ 

Sad to see Alexis land in the Bottom group again. :( I do fear of her chances of making the final and thinking she won't be there but hopefully I'm wrong.

• Like 1

It was so great seeing Ellenore return to the show. :wub: I almost forgot about her. Hopefully she continues to choreograph cuz I can see her bringing a Sonya Tayeh-like energy that's been sorely missing.

That was a really good show! The All-Stars return was definitely a breath of fresh air.

That group routine though. :omg: The concept, costumes (finally!), music, choreography and it's execution were perfection. The All-Stars added even more magic to it. Probably my favourite routine of the season so far. :yes:

Carter & Bailey - Hip-Hop - I thought Carter did quite well for a Ballroom guy. I would have enjoyed this more without the masks on, they could have done something fun with make up instead, because it kind of looked more grotesque and I'm not sure that was what the choreographer was going for.

Alexis & Amy - Jazz - Yay for Ellenore return! I can definitely see her filling Sonya's spot on the show whose presence has surely been missed. :broken: Anyway, I really liked it, I thought they danced it very well and Alexis definitely once again showcased her versatility. Obviously the costumes vs. lightining was a bad idea but I kind of got used to it this season. I loved to see Amy back! But I wish she executed those pirouettes like she did in the rehearsal video- it looked spectacular during rehearsal and kind of "okay" in the actual routine.

Keaton & Ezra - Jive - Obviously they all lied to us about the concept ;) It was actually about two closeted homosexuals trying to pretend that they like a girl but in reality they are naturally drawn to each other :wub: At least that's how I pictured it. :teeheewave: Anyway, this is probably my second favourite routine from Keaton, the choreography was really entertaining and I was totally over the moon about Keaton and Ezra dancing together, which I totally did not expect but it worked out really well! Really enjoyable routine.

Essence & Koine - Contemporary - This was really pretty. ^_^ Maybe not the most memorable Contemporary routine ever, but I think Koine really helped Essence to step up her game and they were really well-matched & had believable chemistry together.

Beau & Lex - Contemporary - Lex was a beast in this, and he took this routine to another level. Sadly, Beau really paled in comparison. Not only he was not given that much of actual dancing content, but when they have been actually dancing next to each other, his limitations were exposed. Even though I appreciated the performance and the concept as a whole, I think that with a more capable dancer this routine had a potential to be outstanding.

Ralyin & Comfort - Hip-Hop - What's going on with those Hunger Games-eqsue costumes? :blink: This was kind of boring tbh. :( Which is sad because on paper this had a potential to be a killer routine. However, Comfort is getting better and better with every All-Star appearance. It's her world, and we're just living in it. :dead:

I understand why Beau and Ralyn were in the B3; as for Alexis I guess someone had to land there. I do not understand how the judges could not come up with a decision though? :wacko: This is a mess. From what I understood, they are cutting three dancers next week? (Cat said it will be the most cutthroat elimination of the season), so that would confirm the final three concept (actually, it will probably be a final two in the end, as the episode before the finale is called The Final Cut, so I assume one dancer will be eliminated then).

Edited by Erestor

Hmm interesting. I'm kinda confused why they have to cut 3 dancers and then 1 for a 6 to 3 to 2 finale, when they could have gone the usual 6 to 4 to 2 format? :unsure: 

Also wow the final 2 dancing 5 times each is a lot too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Hmm interesting. I'm kinda confused why they have to cut 3 dancers and then 1 for a 6 to 3 to 2 finale, when they could have gone the usual 6 to 4 to 2 format? :unsure: 

Also wow the final 2 dancing 5 times each is a lot too.

I think it probs has something to do with the "Head 2 Head" probs like a Battle.