So You Think You Can Dance Season 17

8 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I'm glad that they all made it to next week, but that means that four people will go home next week and not two.

Oh and here's a question for Elliott:  with Konnor gone, who's your new favorite?  I have Alexis as my favorite, and we can at least have a friendly competition to see which of our favorites gets farther.

I don’t think we’re getting a double elimination. Looking at the filming schedule, there seems to be enough episodes for the format to be:

12 (last night’s episode) > 12 > 10 > 8 > 6 > 4 > Finale?

Not sure yet. I’m still a couple of episodes behind because Wednesday at 7 is not a convenient time. :haha: 

• Like 1

tv listings for next week, not sure if it's right but...

So You Think You Can Dance

Girls Night Out
SEASON 17, EPISODE 6 • NEW

9:01 PM ON FOX  • TV-14 • STEREO • CC

The top 12 contestants head into the studio rounds; dancers compete in pairs and in the style of the female partner; the audience and expert judges vote on their favorite male dancer and favorite female dancer; the bottom two dancers go home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

I don’t think we’re getting a double elimination. Looking at the filming schedule, there seems to be enough episodes for the format to be:

Not sure yet. I’m still a couple of episodes behind because Wednesday at 7 is not a convenient time. :haha: 

Yeah I was thinking of the studio shows format and was thinking this would be the format for the episodes. 7 performance shows should be enough for the season. But if it's studio voting for the whole season, that might change - with just the Final 4 show acting as the final performance show + final results episode.

So it could be like this:

12 > 12 to 10 > 10 to 8 > 8 to 6 > 6 to 4 > 4/winner announcement - which would make it 6 studio shows

10 minutes ago, istersay said:

tv listings for next week, not sure if it's right but...

Girls Night Out

The top 12 contestants head into the studio rounds; dancers compete in pairs and in the style of the female partner; the audience and expert judges vote on their favorite male dancer and favorite female dancer; the bottom two dancers go home.

Yeah it should be 2 dancers going home next week. They don't need to double eliminate 4 dancers, but who knows, they just might?

• Like 1

here’s the taping schedule in case anyone was wondering:

Friday June 10 (Group Dance) 9:30 am
Friday June 10 3:00 pm
Sunday June 12 (Group Dance) 9:30 am
Sunday June 12 3:00 pm
Friday June 17 3:00 pm
Wednesday June 22 3:00 pm
Tuesday June 28 (Group Dance) 9:00 am
Tuesday June 28 3:00 pm
Saturday July 2 3:00 pm
Thursday July 7 3:00 pm
Wednesday July 13 (Group dance) 9:00 am
Wednesday July 13 3:00 pm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Elliott said:

Oh yeah, I forgot that it was from 12 to 10.

Anyway, Elliott, do you have a new favorite now that Konnor failed to make the Top 12?  As I said, mine is Alexis.

42 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Anyway, Elliott, do you have a new favorite now that Konnor failed to make the Top 12?  As I said, mine is Alexis.

12 hours ago, Elliott said:

15 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Choreographers for this week:

Jaci Royal

Dominique Kelley

Talia Favia

Mel Charlot

Teddy Forance

Daniella Karagach & Pasha Pashkov

Brian Friedman (group routine)

Daniella and Pasha will be choreographing Alexis & Keaton!  I hope that they do well for Alexis's sake.

6 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Daniella and Pasha will be choreographing Alexis & Keaton!  I hope that they do well for Alexis's sake.

I'm sure the married couple will do their best. Alexis is lucky to have worked with Derek Hough and Daniella, who is such a stunning dancer.

I was hoping Konnor would make it. :( Oh well

Glad to see the show back, even if it's just a shadow of what it used to be. The clear standouts of the night were Alexis & Keaton and Top 12 group routine, both of which were on a different level than rest of the routines.

I don't have a number one favorite yet, since Konnor hasn't made the show, but it's a pretty decent Top 12. :thumbs:

So this is the third season in a row with Talia Favia being in the choreographer line-up for the first live-show and arguably delivering the best routine of the night. 😍

US15 Genessy & Slavik - An Evening I Will Not Forget

US16 Madison & Ezra - Lost

and now

US17 Alexis & Keaton - Rome

That woman is a force to be reckoned with.

And really, what Alexis, Keaton and Talia showcased that night was something truly worthy of being 300th episode material. Impeccably in-sync, flagrantly intimate and surprisingly heart-breaking. Talia is so good at capturing that feeling of carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders. Portraying the never-ending struggle.

Luther Brown again delivering some fine work with that fabulous group routine.

• Like 2

starts in about 50 minutes :w00twave: streaming

Girls Night Out

• Like 1