Jump to content

So You Think You Can Dance Season 17


Recommended Posts

8 cuts so far from the dancers shown in auditions:

 

Boys

Konnor (featured episode 1)

Hooliboy (featured episode 1)

Lord Finn (featured episode 2)

Keaton (featured episode 2)

Beau (featured episode 2)

Decoy (featured episode 3)

Waverly (featured episode 3)

Thiago (opening episode 3)

Blake (montaged episode 1)

Jerome (montaged episode 1)

Shafar (montaged episode 2)

Carter  (montaged episode 2)

 

Girls

Anna (featured episode 1)

Dakota (featured episode 1)

Maci (featured episode 1)

Brianna (featured episode 2)

Alexis (featured episode 2)

Zyiasia (featured episode 2)

Essence (featured episode 3)

Camila (featured episode 3)

Ralyn (featured episode 3)

Jordan (montaged episode 1)

Rachel (montaged episode 1)

Jordin (montaged episode 2)

Mia (montaged episode 3)

Virginia (montaged episode 3)

Flora (montaged episode 3)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

Hooliboy and Brianna both cut, and they were featured in the auditions. 

 

Hooliboy is not a surprise, but I thought Brianna was such an obvious choice for the top 12. Wild.

 

I'm not so surprised that Brianna was cut after she needed to dance for her life in the previous choreography round.  A little sorry for Hooliboy, but he wasn't quite as good as the others in his group.  But I loved his partner, and I'm glad that Essence's partner was so helpful to her.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

 

I was so upset when Zyiasia was cut.  She was the EMT whom I really rooted for.  Oh well, maybe next year.

Ughh yeah that was a really sad and tough cut. :( I wish we saw more of her dancing to see why/how she got cut rather than a montage. :broken: 

 

58 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I don't know how they are going to narrow down to 6 guys this year. I can think of 6 contemporary guys that I want through right off the bat. This is going to be rough lol

Ahh yeah I'm wondering this too. :unsure: There's so many good dancers that it's been crazy hard seeing so many of them go. And I don't know how they can narrow it down from this Top 24.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Note that Cat called it the "Studio Shows" and not the "Live Shows"

 

apparently they may be filming everything in advance and not having live shows this year. This means there may be spoilers once the tapings start 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I can't believe Sage let himself get cut in this, I thought he would make it. I'm sure he worked with Mandy before during DWTS

 

 

Omgg whoa, wait..... that Sage that was on DWTSJrs? 😮 Wow I had no idea and wouldn't have thought of this being the same person so thanks for pointing this out! 😮 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/sytycd-2022-studio-tapings-until-mid-july-will-there-be-live-shows.htm

 

Quote

SYTYCD 2022 Taping Schedule

Friday June 10 (Group Dance) 9:30 am
Friday June 10 3:00 pm
Sunday June 12 9:30 am
Sunday June 12 3:00 pm
Friday June 17 3:00 pm
Wednesday June 22 3:00 pm
Tuesday June 28 9:00 am
Tuesday June 28 3:00 pm
Saturday July 2 3:00 pm
Thursday July 7 3:00 pm
Wednesday July 13 (Group dance) 9:00 am
Wednesday July 13 3:00 pm

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Hooliboy and Brianna both cut, and they were featured in the auditions. 

 

Hooliboy is not a surprise, but I thought Brianna was such an obvious choice for the top 12. Wild.

 

43 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

 

I'm not so surprised that Brianna was cut after she needed to dance for her life in the previous choreography round.  A little sorry for Hooliboy, but he wasn't quite as good as the others in his group.  But I loved his partner, and I'm glad that Essence's partner was so helpful to her.

Yeah before this episode, I thought Brianna would be a strong contender for the Top 12. But then this episode with the dance for your life solo she had to do, I figured her chances were doomed. Sad, as I did enjoy her. Hope to see her again next year.

 

44 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

8 cuts so far from the dancers shown in auditions:

 

Boys

Konnor (featured episode 1)

Hooliboy (featured episode 1)

Lord Finn (featured episode 2)

Keaton (featured episode 2)

Beau (featured episode 2)

Decoy (featured episode 3)

Waverly (featured episode 3)

Thiago (opening episode 3)

Blake (montaged episode 1)

Jerome (montaged episode 1)

Shafar (montaged episode 2)

Carter  (montaged episode 2)

 

Girls

Anna (featured episode 1)

Dakota (featured episode 1)

Maci (featured episode 1)

Brianna (featured episode 2)

Alexis (featured episode 2)

Zyiasia (featured episode 2)

Essence (featured episode 3)

Camila (featured episode 3)

Ralyn (featured episode 3)

Jordan (montaged episode 1)

Rachel (montaged episode 1)

Jordin (montaged episode 2)

Mia (montaged episode 3)

Virginia (montaged episode 3)

Flora (montaged episode 3)

Thank you for keeping track of all of the statuses of these contestants like this. :hug:  This format is going by SO fast that I can't remember who all is still in, got cut and what not. :dead: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

No final results 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

 

31 minutes ago, istersay said:

omg didn't realize the time :whut:

LMAO me neither. :dead: 

 

I was sad not seeing the Top 12 being announced, but the episode reallly went by so fast! I was wondering how they would cram everything into an hour long episode as it did feel so rushed. I kinda wish we saw more of the choreography rounds and some of it tie into next week's episode with the Top 12 reveal.

 

But I'm guessing this will be a combined Top 12 reveal / performance show? I'm so confused lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Note that Cat called it the "Studio Shows" and not the "Live Shows"

 

apparently they may be filming everything in advance and not having live shows this year. This means there may be spoilers once the tapings start 

 

6 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I noticed the "Studio Shows" mention rather than "Live Shows." I thought that meant another round of dancing but then... that doesn't make sense for just the Final 12. :haha: Everything has me so confused by thank you for this info!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

 

LMAO me neither. :dead: 

 

I was sad not seeing the Top 12 being announced, but the episode reallly went by so fast! I was wondering how they would cram everything into an hour long episode as it did feel so rushed. I kinda wish we saw more of the choreography rounds and some of it tie into next week's episode with the Top 12 reveal.

 

But I'm guessing this will be a combined Top 12 reveal / performance show? I'm so confused lol.

I guess so, next week tv guide says top 12 dancers perform, so that will be jam packed too, wish this was 2 hours

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, istersay said:

Next week round.gif

So You Think You Can Dance

The Dancers Dozen
SEASON 17, EPISODE 5 • NEW

9:01 PM ON FOX 4 • TV-14 • STEREO • CC

The top 12 dancers perform.

And apparently the week after that is:

 

Girls Night Out
SEASON 17 , EPISODE 6AIRING JUN 22, 2022NEW STEREO • CC • DVS
Group B competes in the studio rounds; six more dancers showcase their talents in various dance styles.
 
GIF by Sky
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

And apparently the week after that is:

 

Girls Night Out
SEASON 17 , EPISODE 6AIRING JUN 22, 2022NEW STEREO • CC • DVS
Group B competes in the studio rounds; six more dancers showcase their talents in various dance styles.
 
GIF by Sky

sounds interesting lol, don't know what it means

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...