Jump to content

So You Think You Can Dance Season 17


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Choreographers this week for SYTYCD will be:

 

Luther Brown (group and duet)

Mandy & Elizabeth

Al Blackstone

Tessandra Chavez

Alan Bersten

Talia Favia

 

I switched up my predictions for the boys a bit after seeing this list.😝

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nigelsimon said:

I switched up my predictions for the boys a bit after seeing this list.😝

hmmm right if this is a showcase show for boys + all stars, it seems we have 3 contemporary, 1 hip hop, 1 ballroom, and 1 broadway. But Al could be doing a Jazz and Tessandra could be doing a lyrical hip hop... who knows

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nigelsimon said:

I'm guessing it's a "Showcase show" where the competitors will dance in their own style w/ the All-Stars

 

Here’s info from Kristyn Burtt:

 

Based on the wording, I’m guessing the 12 dancers are paired up with them dancing the guys’ styles this week and the girls’ styles next week.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Ariel1989 said:

 

 

Based on the wording, I’m guessing the 12 dancers are paired up with them dancing the guys’ styles this week and the girls’ styles next week.  

I'm actually happy if that's the case. Besides hip hop partnerships w/ All-Stars & ballroom w/ male All-Stars, usually i prefer the competitors dancing w/ each other

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2022 at 10:29 AM, Ariel1989 said:

 

Here’s info from Kristyn Burtt:

 

Based on the wording, I’m guessing the 12 dancers are paired up with them dancing the guys’ styles this week and the girls’ styles next week.  

excited to watch the pairs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here were Nigelsimon's predictions for the Top 12 pairings:

 

*Pedictions:

1. Alexis & Thiago (TCO)

2. Virgina & Lord Finn 

3. Jordan & Waverley

4. Anna & Carter

5. Essence & Keaton

6. Ralyn & Beau*

 

Well, he was right about Virginia and Lord Finn being paired together, at least.

 

Virginia and Lord Finn were very good.  Lord Finn was really flexible!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Instead of the viewers voting to decide who stays and goes, it's a studio audience vote.  Let's see what happens regarding that change.

 

Jordan and Waverley did great tonight.  I hope they keep up those top-notch performances.

Edited by Walker359718
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nigelsimon got another one right with Jordan and Waverly being paired together.  I hope that Elliott isn't too upset that Konnor failed to make it in, but I think that Konnor lost in part because he was short and they needed a tall male dancer to be paired with Jordan.

 

Anyway, I agree that Jordan and Waverly also did very well.  I was really impressed that they did so well with the umbrella props.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, NIgelsimon was off with the next two pairings, as Anna was paired with Beau and Essence was paired with Thiago.

 

Beau and Thiago are pretty much opposites.  Thiago is a beautiful technical dancer but at least according to Leah and Twitch, he needs to be more of a performer.  I wouldn't call Beau a great technical performer, but he's unique and entertaining.  Anna was also entertaining, while Essence was very good as well, but audiences by and large prefer performers to technicians, so Anna and Beau might outlast Essence and Thiago.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Nigelsimon got another one right with Jordan and Waverly being paired together.  I hope that Elliott isn't too upset that Konnor failed to make it in, but I think that Konnor lost in part because he was short and they needed a tall male dancer to be paired with Jordan.

 

Anyway, I agree that Jordan and Waverly also did very well.  I was really impressed that they did so well with the umbrella props.

That shouldn't really be a factor to rule Konnor out as they could pair him up with a shorter girl. :unsure: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...