RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars 7

Elliott

On 4/13/2022 at 12:55 PM, *Chris said:

Glad Alaska didn't return ❤️ 

Parks And Recreation Donna GIF

obviously they're saving Alaska, Bob, Trixie, Violet, Sasha, Aquaria, Bianca, and Symone for the next winner season which will be the best season of television of all time

7 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

obviously they're saving Alaska, Bob, Trixie, Violet, Sasha, Aquaria, Bianca, and Symone for the next winner season which will be the best season of television of all time

Bianca isn’t returning. 💔 

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Let her compete with the heavy hitters !

Yes!  If this season turns out to be successful, and with the precedent set by The Viviennes inclusion I want there to be international winners in a season.  Hell with the rate they are churching out winners, it might be good exposure to the american only audience if you just stuck 8 international winners on a season and gave them a chance to compete for a spot in the hall of fame!

Priyanka or Icesis competing again would be amazing.  Canada really has turned out 2 stellar winners with its only seasons.  

Edited by Solaris

6 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Yes!  If this season turns out to be successful, and with the precedent set by The Viviennes inclusion I want there to be international winners in a season.  Hell with the rate they are churching out winners, it might be good exposure to the american only audience if you just stuck 8 international winners on a season and gave them a chance to compete for a spot in the hall of fame!

Priyanka or Icesis competing again would be amazing.  Canada really has turned out 2 stellar winners with its only seasons.  

Add Espana x2 and Holland's S2 winner. 

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

Add Espana x2 and Holland's S2 winner. 

i dont know them, but that sort of makes my point more valid.  Put them on this season so I can see them in an english edition!

On 5/18/2022 at 4:41 PM, Solaris said:

also Priyanka not being cast is a robbery.

On 5/18/2022 at 4:47 PM, *Chris said:

Let her compete with the heavy hitters !

I think they’ve confirmed that it’ll only be the winners Ru has crowned competing on future instalments. :/

Episode 1:

So this was a fantastic episode that really celebrated all the winners.  My thoughts on first episode rankings are pretty straight forward.  There was one very clear Top person this week and about 4 people I thought could have placed in that Top 2 spot with her.

Also I love Ella but what was that song choice for a lip sync song.

1. Shea Coulee - point blank there is no one better at the rumix challenges.  If you look at all 3 of her verses (4 if you count her girl groups one from AS5), she wins everytime.  Her Queen runway was everything. She is here to play with her blocking Trinity already.

2. Jinkx Monsoon - I thought she stood out in a good way and her runway was everything.  Also won the reading challenge. She is one of three who excelled in both challenge and runway.

3. Yvie Oddly - honestly probably would have put Yvie in the Top 2 this week.  Loved her runway and it was one of the most entertaining in the challenge.

4. Monet X Change - clearly in the Top for her verse, as I did not like her queen runway.  I thought she started better in the lip sync then Shea did, but Shea ended way stronger.

5. Trinity the Tuck - her strongest lyrics over three seasons and she looked amazing on the runway.  She had a commanding performance despite not syncing up her lyrics. Annoyed she is the first one blocked but she does have the most challenge wins ever, so I guess its expected?

6. Raja - strongest entrance look, and one of the mosy dynamic pieces of choreography.  I am so happy she is back!

7.  The Vivienne - looked amazing, and I liked the singing. Still strong.

8. Jaida Essence Hall - had the weakest verse for me, but a great runway. It just felt the weakest showing from the first episode, sorry girl.

Everyone did well and I really enjoyed the episode.  Anyway onto episode 2.

Edited by Solaris

Episode 2:  I thought this episode was fantastic.  Every pleather runway suited the person and I thought everyone of them was great.

1.  Jinkx Monsoon - showstopping, brilliant snatch games.  Great lip sync, this episode was Jinkx.  Total force of nature delivering some of the best snatch game characters ever with her Judy joining Little Edie.  Playing the game and going for Shea?  Smart.

2. Trinity the Tuck - played Leslie perfectly and Lucifer was a fantastic comedic take on the king of hell.  Sucks she didn't get a star.  That puts her at like 8 wins now over 3 seasons?  Crazy.

3. Raja - I thought Raja's season 3 snatch game was robbed of a win/top placement, and she showed up this week with Madame and Diana Vreeland.  Second favorite runway of the night too.

4. Jaida Essence Hall - I LOVED the Prince.  The Lady Chaiblis was good too, but it was the prince that made me crack up.  My favorite runway of the week.

5. The Vivienne - Solid all around week.

6. Monet X Change - Mike Tyson was fantastic.  The other was blah.

7. Yvie Oddly - I really liked the boogie man.  Rico though... no.

8. Shea Coulee - thank god Shea had such a phenomenal week 1 as she had the weakest collective set of snatch game characters.  She will always have Flava Flav, but this show's maybe Flav was a fluke. 

Fantastic first two episodes. I’m enjoying everyone so far but my top faves from the start would be Shea, Jinkx, Raja, Jaida and Monet (I know this is already over half the cast but I expect this to be the case and interchangeable throughout the whole season)

Edited by *Lily

My pre-show favorites were Raja and Jinkx, and these two (fabulous) episodes have only exemplified that. Especially Jinkx, who I could literally watch as Judy Garland for hours.

Favorite moments from Snatch Game

• "Purple mittens"; I don't know why this made me laugh so hard. Raja redeemed Diana Vreeland from Robbie! 
  • The idea of Leslie Jordan using a condom as a raincoat
  • "It's a set, RuPaul..."
  • Judy doing coke off of Frank Sinatra's 🍆 
  • Dave!
  • Judy aggressively tugging the never-ending mic chord. 
  • "They changed it to 'drag queen'" 🤣

11 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Watched at a gay bar in Wisconsin and we are all loving Jaida. We love a hometown queen (or close to it, we are ~1hr and some change away from Milwaukee)

Jaida as Prince both turned me on and cracked me up. It was so messy and genius

25 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Jaida as Prince both turned me on and cracked me up. It was so messy and genius

She was just so smart! To immediately realize that you aren't landing the impression and instead of becoming bad because you realize that, she just leaned into it.