RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars 7

Elliott

44 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Yvie going from last place to first in 1 episode feels unearned and a slap to other Queens.

Glad I'm not the only one to feel this way. :ph34rwave:I'm happy she got on the board and fine with her getting one legendary star (either via that twist or the challenge win), but with both ways I don't knoww...

Although at least she did earn her star with the challenge win (even if I don't quite agree), so I dunno, conflicted on how to feel. :haha: 

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

Yvie going from last place to first in 1 episode feels unearned and a slap to other Queens.

Honestly I lowkey wish she got both Jinkx and Raja’s legendary legends stars because that’d be hilarious.

Before the new episode, here are my thoughts and ranking on last week:

1. The Vivienne: This was her week. She slayed every aspect of this episode.
  2. Shea : I am actually surprised she was not in the top. 
  3. Monet X Change : Monet did well in the challenge. I know a lot of people are in love with her runway look but for me, it felt deja vu to her church look from few seasons back.
  4. Jaida Essence Hall: Her verse made me laugh but runway left me wanting more.
  5. Yvie Oddly : Didn't care for her performance or her runway so #oops. 
  6. Trinity The Tuck: One of the weakest of the week, in my opinion. Good runway though !
  7. Raja Ouch ! Her runway look was one of my favourite though. 
  8. Jinkx Love JInkx but she was not an highlight in this episode :( 

Overall :

1. Jinkx Monsoon: She's still my top favourite although I know she will have a rough week, this week.
  2. The Vivienne: She's catching up to Jinkx.
  3. Monet X Change : Getting back to where she belongs !
  4. Raja: She has a chance to WOW us, this week.
  5. Shea: Don't fade girl!
  6. Jaida : Her charisma is infectious.
  7. Trinity the Tuck: She's constantly doing well but not a top favourite. 
  8. Yvie Oddly: She's the weakest out of the crop, in my opinion.
Edited by *Chris

Alright this was a good week.  I liked all the looks in some facet and think everyone did an excellent job.

1.  Trinity the Tuck - this is her element.  I can't believe she pulled that together in an afternoon.  Unbelieve and a great job in a lipsync.  The only person to ever beat Jaida in a lipsync, and it was earned. That was a good rematch between the two though! Welcome back to the competition!

2. Monet X Change - what kind of world am I living in.  Two weeks in a row I am living for Monet, I think I need my head examined.  That outfit was fantastic and the hat completed it.

3. Raja - I loved the look.  It was a unique take and she owned it.

4. Jinkx Monsoon - Proud of my jinkxy for stepping up in a big way.  Its a style she would wear and she made it herself.  

5. Jaida Essense Hall - I feel like I have seen her in something like this before but it was beautiful.  Wasn't in my Top 2 this week, and this might be her worst lip sync performance ever.  Or maybe because they gave Trinity the entire focus of the lip sync.

6. Shea Coulee - So I loved the Chest up.  The frilled sleeves is what Yvie needed to complete her look.  Her torso to her feet I found pretty basic, but a nice fitting pant.

7. The Vivienne - I liked the design I just wasn't jaw dropping like it should have been.

8. Yvie Oddly - I really loved the pants, but everything else was a mess.  She needed to borrow Sheas concept for the top half.  

Edited by Solaris

Trinity definitely had a great week this week. She created a beautiful dress in such a short amount of time while managing to help out others. 😮 Jaida also designed a beautiful dress too. I do agree with them  being the Top 2 as they had my favorite looks.

Also really enjoyed Shea's and Monet's looks. They weren't quite the glamorous looks like the Top 2 but still great looks. Although I feel bad they haven't gotten stars recently as they've been doing so well and had performances deserving of stars. :( 

Wasn't as crazy on the others but they all still had really good looks. :yes: Jinkx's was my least favorite outfit but to be expected on a design challenge but she wasn't terrible.

01. Trinity - This was her episode. The best look on the runway and she did amazing in the lip-sync.

02. The Vivienne - Great runway as usual.

03. Monet - This was a standout for Monet.

04. Yvie - Loved her take on it and the masculine route she went. She didn’t go for a typical gown.

05. Jaida - I would’ve put her higher if I felt like I hadn’t already seen something like this on her season. It was nice but predictable for her.

06. Jinkx - It looks very well put together for Jinkx.

07. Shea - Nice from the waist up but the pinks didn’t match and it was so basic as Sola said.

08. Raja - That runway was a mess.

My ranking of the runways this week:

1. Monet X Change - This was a work of art and one of my favorite looks ever tbh

2. Trinity The Tuck - The details she put into her outfit this week were amazing

3. Jaida Essence Hall - God I love Jaida

4. Shea Coulee - The top 4 looks were all win worthy, Shea looked fabulous

5. The Vivienne - Loved the spin she put on an already iconic look from Ru

6. Yvie Oddly - Could have been higher if it weren’t for those weird red things she had around her arms tbh

7. Raja - it’s growing on me, definitely a messy look overall lol but I like how much she changed things up from the original outfit

8. Jinkx Monsoon - I liked the purple leg and opposing purple arm

This was a fun acting challenge.  I thought everyone had good moments.  But there were some moments in there I didn't care for. The dance breaks throughout had me cackling.  

1. The Vivienne - fantastic acting.  She also had a great runway and deserved Top 2 imo.

2. Trinity the Tuck - She made me laugh the most, also a fun runway.  Would have been my other pick for the Top.

3. Jinkx Monsoon - Did the most with being sidelined.  I thought her runway was stunning.

4. Raja - I am happy she got another star and I really liked her in the challenge.  I think that brilliant runway put her in the Top 2, as I thought Jinkx and Trinity were slightly stronger in the challenge.

5. Monet X Change - didn't have a big roll, and I didn't think she did much with it but I found it consistent.  I loved her knitted runway and thought it was one of her best looks ever. The runway definitely bumped her up a spot on my ranking.

6. Jaida Essence Hall - I didn't get range... or maybe I just didn't understand what she was doing with her character.  Cute runway though!

7. Shea Coulee - I don't find her great as an actor as shes pretty one note.  She did have a couple strong punch lines though that I laughed at.  I didn't like this runway itwas a jumbled mess.

8. Yvie Oddly - for doing a Regina George inspired character, I didn't pick up on it much.  Didn't love her runway either but her headpiece was fantastic.

Lip sync was good. Poor Viv's little stumble though.  This was right up Raja's alley though.  Happy to see her get some cash!

Edited by Solaris

I thought this episode was pretty underwhelming. A lot of them were very one note.

01. The Vivienne - Another fantastic week for Viv,

02. Jinkx - Should've been in the top two. One of the few who gave a varied performance throughout and wasn’t one note.

03. Trinity - It was pretty one note but it was entertaining.
04. Yvie - I thought Yvie did a pretty strong job this week and she stood out amongst the others.

05. Raja - I think she only stood out because her character was so different. I didn’t love it.

06. Monet - I didn’t get the comedy from Monet which is a surprise.
07. Jaida - Very meh week.
08. Shea - She just isn’t a good actress. The runway wasn’t it either. I’m glad Sola said it first!

Fun episode. 

- The Vivienne did do a great job once again. Yeah it was a shame about her stumble in the lip sync but she made a nice save after it.

- Raja did much better than I was expecting. Maybe the acting wasn't quite Top 2 worthy but it was really strong, imo. Her runway look was gorgeous and outstanding. :omg: It was very high fashion (and kind of something I would have expected from her last week). Happy she had her moment and won that lip sync.

- Agreed with those that Jinkx did a great job making the most out of a very small character. Trinity did as well. Jinkx was more dynamic of the two, but both provided entertaining performances. I also really enjoyed Monet overall.

- Enjoyed the others too although they didn't quite standout as much.

19 hours ago, *Lily said:

Janicza Bravo might just be one of my all-time favourite guest judges after this week. SO good.

I came here to say this, she was so engaged both during the filming of the challenge and on the judging panel. I loved her!

Trinity and The Vivienne were the best two in the challenge, but I'm super glad Raja got her second star and she was so fun in the lipsync. Raja and Viv are my top two with Monet and Jaida right behind. I really like everyone though, Yvie has stepped her pussy up these last few weeks and there isn't a weak link in this cast. 

• Like 1

Another good episode.  I thought I was going to hate the dance challenge but I enjoyed almost everyone. Great lip sync.  Doing a spoken word I was a little miffed about but both ladies turned it out.

1.  Jinkx Monsoon - I cracked up the entire time.  Not much of an actual dance, but incredibly memorable and hilarious. Jinkx slayed the runway this week, 4 great looks from her.

2. Monet X Change - A deserved spot in the Top 2.  A little less funny then jinkx, but a fun dance.  Great runway from her too.

3. Trinity the Tuck - I laughed, it was great.  Not sure how she wasn't in contention for high this week.

4. Shea Coulee - it wasn't funny at all.  However the actual dance was the best.  

5. Jaida Essence Hall - Didn't love her commercial, but outside of Jinkx had my favorite runway of the night.  That autumn outfit was stunning.

6. Raja - It was cute, and true to her!

7. The Vivienne - so the branding of the Viveo was fantastic at the end, the actual dance was not.  The whole commercial was just meh.

8. Yvie Oddly - hated it.  Only liked the rising visor on her runway too.

This episode seemed to last hours. I wasn’t impressed with any of the videos apart from one queen.

01. Jinkx - No one came close to Jinkx this week. She was hilarious! Quite possibly her funniest challenge ever?

02. Trinity - I found it funny because it was just Trinity through and through.

03. Monet - I’m glad she was able to stand out this week. She is always on brand.

04. The Vivienne - I thought she create a brand and it was quite funny. I find that having a jacket or overcoat and taking it off to be pretty unexciting. Especially compared to actual reveals.

05. Yvie - I liked it and her runway. 

06. Raja - Probably the least funny? I didn’t dislike it though.
07. Jaida - Why was she shouting?

08. Shea - I appreciate she went the serious route but it just ended up being there. The runway bored me for the same reason Viv’s did. Taking off a coat is not exciting.

Overall

01. The Vivienne

02. Jinkx

03. Trinity

04. Monet

05. Yvie

06. Jaida

07. Raja
08. Shea

Monet really SLAYED it this week and was my overall favorite! :omg: See, I thought she had THE perfect blend of a video - she had great dancing/choreography that's fun and easy to learn but still had the humor and comedy with it. Also really loved her runway too. She told/sold an important message with black history throughout three different centuries. It was creative and powerful.

I also really loved Shea's viral dance. Yeah it probably wasn't that funny/more serious in comparison to others, but I thought she delivered a great, fun dance that would be really fun to learn. I'm bummed once again that she was so close to making the Top 2 but not getting it. :closedeyes: I thought she looked very beautiful on the runway.

Jinkx was really fun and hilarious with her video for sure. But yeah I felt it was too heavy on the gimmick and not really much dancing. I guess she sold her brand but I preferred the videos with the dancing. Great runway look too but yeah she wasn't quite in my Top 2.

Jaida's video was cute/fun but didn't standout as much as some others. However, I thought she had the best/biggest standout runway - well her runway was my fave alongside Monet's. Really loved the 4 seasons theme and those were 4 beautiful dresses. 

Also enjoyed Trinity's and Yvie's videos. I think The Vivienne's and Raja's videos were my least faves, but Viv's had some funny moments.

Forgot to share my thoughts for the last three episodes; I doubt people care but whatever, dill with it!

DESIGN CHALLENGE

1. Trinity the Tuck: That look was just WOW. The fact she was able to create that look in the amount of time that was given is crazy. And good showing in the lipsync.
  2. Jaida Essence Hall Stunning! Also good showing in the lipsync. 
  3. The Vivienne: It was clear what her inspiration was, and one of my favourite of that week.
  4. Monet X Change : Her look was great but I wasn't as crazy for it as the majority of you ; I simply preferred others more.
  5. Yvie Oddly Like Shea, I loved her take on the original outfit but it left me wanting more ? Her pants were my favourite thing from this look.
  6. Shea Coulee : Loved her take on the theme assigned to her, but it fall to comparaison to the other queens.
  7. Jinkx Monsson : It was very Jinkx and I thought it was one of her best design challenge showing. 
  8. Raja: Been sleeping on it for three weeks and still not loving it. It was too busy, and kind of a disappointing considering what Raja is capable of. 

SANTA'S SCHOOL FOR GIRLS

1. Jinkx Monsoon: What a natural actress ! The fact she was able to take that role and did what she did with it is truly remarkable.  And absolutely loved her runway look ; it looked so expensive. 
  2. Raja: Glad that Raja let loose in the lipsync after nailing the runway  and giving a strong performance in the challenge.
  3. The Vivienne:  Like Jinkx, she's a natural ! Loved her runway look. Her lipsync performance left me wanting more though.
  4. Jaida Essence Hall Jaida keep surprising me ; I thought she was excellent in the challenge and absolutely loved her runway look as it was a nice throwback to my childhood. 
  5. Shea Coulee: Love Shea but I feel that she didn't really bring her role anywhere, though, as one of the lead ; kinda played it safe. The runway though ? Just wow - easily the best of the week. 
  6. Yvie Oddly: Love that she pushed herself with this rule but she's ranked here because of her runway look which was one of the WOW of the week for me. 
  7. Trinity the Tuck She did a good job in the challenge but not the highlight for me. Her look on the runway was good but I could have used some editing. 
  8. Monet x Change Performed well in the challenge but I didn't care for the runway look - my least favourite of the week.

DANCE CHALLENGE

1. Jinkx Monsoon: This concept was so Jinkx and I loved every minute from it.  She also had the best ruveal of the week as there were clearly 4 distinct looks; Might be some of my favourite Jinkx look. She was hilarious in the challenge too!
  2. Monet x Change Easily the top queen of the week with Jinkx.  She was a STAR in the lipsync, and really loved that her looks were all different from each others too.
  3. Jaida Essence Hall: I feel that Jaida keeps surprising herself, and this was no exception. She might have not been the best in the challenge but she is this high because she easily had the best runway look with Jinkx ; the only two that were able to WOW me, this week, on the runway. 
  4. Yvie Oddly: Her video was super fun but not my top favourite. Her runway ruvealed had some highlight but as a whole, she didn't WOW me like the majority of them. 
  5. The Vivienne: Thought she was hilarious with her branding. But her runway ruveal fell flat for me as again, it was taking the easy way out. 
  6. Raja:  She knew what worked for her and she went with it. The runway ruveals were fun but again didn't wow me like Jinkx & Jaida. 
  7. Shea Coulee: Love that it was the most serious one, but she got outshined by other queens. Her ruveal was a disappointment as we could easily see each looks before she ruvealed them, and a letdown after her brilliant 3-looks-in-1 during All-Stars. 
  8. Trinity the Tuck: This was too deja-vu for me. And while her runway look was stunning, it wasn't a ruveal for me if you keep tearing off pieces from your look / dress.

OVERALL

1. Jinkx Monsoon: She's a STAR! I've always been a fan of Jinkx but I am falling in love with her, all over again.
  2. The Vivienne: One of the most consistent queen of the season. 
  3. Jaida Essence Hall: Keep surprising me, and I don't think she really had a faux pas on the runway.
  4. Monet X Change: She been having some good showing as of late.
  5. Yvie Oddly: Started at the bottom for me but she's peaking at the right time.
  6. Trinity the Tuck She's nailing what she's good at. 
  7. Raja Her journey is kinda a rollercoaster for me ; There's some really high but some really lows.
  8. Shea Coulee: Love Shea but I feel that she's not standing out as much as the others. Still one of the best !

Great episode.  That runway might be one of my favorite categories of all time.  Every single one of them killed this theme.

1.  Trinity the Tuck - never thought I would see the day where Trinity would own a Roast.  Third times the charm and I think she killed this. Also that runway was brilliant. Congrats on that 4th win ❤️ 11 wins in 3 seasons ❤️ 

2. Jinkx Monsoon - I felt like Jinkx would own the roast and she did. I do think Trinity just edged her out for a slightly better roast performance though.  She also camped up the lipsync and the runway. Jinkx "5 Wins, 4 Stars" Monsoon.  She's on fire ❤️

3. Monet X Change - the last half of this competition has been a turning point for Monet and I.  She's do very well.

4. Raja - I loved the different take she had on the roast and thought she deserves some recognition for that.

5. The Vivienne - she did a great job.

6. Shea Coulee - I also thought she was great.  Strong roast overall.

7. Yvie Oddly - Solid job.

8. Jaida Essence Hall - comfortably the worst Roaster.  She is also likely the least experienced roaster so I don't think it shocks anyone.  While she had a fantastic runway, I do think it was the least fantastic of the 8.