RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars 7

Elliott

11 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I guess I will need to watch this at some point, even if it seems Vivienne did well and wasn’t a first boot like I wanted. :giggle:

Also is Elliott ok after Jinkx won? Lol.

catch up immediately ❤️ 

Jinkx is the deserving winner, but also was there really much point in the final lip-sync smackdown? lmao. It's entertaining I guess but even with the shoddy editing Monet was the clear winner of the lip-sync. Lol Ru's edited in "based on the lip-sync and your performance over the season" to justify it.

A really enjoyable season otherwise though. I liked everyone! Overall rankings will probably change but for now would have it at

1. Jaida

2. Raja

3. Jinkx

4. Monet

5. Shea

6. Trinity

7. Yvie

8. Vivienne

• Like 2

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

Jinkx is the deserving winner, but also was there really much point in the final lip-sync smackdown? lmao. It's entertaining I guess but even with the shoddy editing Monet was the clear winner of the lip-sync. Lol Ru's edited in "based on the lip-sync and your performance over the season" to justify it.

they cut out all of Monét’s reveals, I’m pressed. :/

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, *Lily said:

Lol yeah I was wondering how the winner was based upon because it couldn't have been solely for that final lip sync. :ph34rwave:

I wasn't expecting to write down my thoughts on this finale but then I decided to do so so here they are:

The Vivienne vs. Yvie: Ooof Poor Viv, she randomly chose the wrong song for her without even knowing. Poor thing. She was fun and comedic in this but it didn't really work for me here because Yvie out there was tearing it up! She was so entertaining to watch and nailed the style of the song. I definitely preferred this lip sync performance from her over her S11 finale lip syncs.

Jaida vs. Raja: Oooh lol Jaida really lucked up in competing against Raja. Although "Let's Hear It for the Boy" was probably the best match song for them. It has that older 80s style that fits right in for Raja and is a great song style for Jaida. So this song was a bit of a ~competitive battle. I still preferred Jaida and thought she really nailed this performance. Raja was fine but seemed to lose steam towards the end. Oh and wow, Raja won it? I was not expecting that but... okay.

Jinkx vs. Shea: Ugh not a fan of this pairing. 😢 Ugh of all Lady Gaga songs, why "Judas"? :dead: But this was a strong performance from them both. I thought both brought fun and comedic vibes to how they performed - though Jnikx brought more of that comedic quirky character and really sold the performance there. Shea had that at moments but brought in stronger dancing/choreo. Two really good and different performance styles. I do think Jinkx channeled the song a little better so I get and agree with her winning here.

Monet vs. Trinity: Lmao I'm not even surprised that this battle pairing happened. :dead: Battle of the AS4 winners. Only this time one of them will make it to the Final 2 and one will lose. Oooh love "So What" and lmao Trinity even kinda looked like P!nk in this performance. This was a really tight battle as they performed this really well and both had great fun comedic moments in this. Overall, I did prefer Monet more so I'm glad Ru chose her to win.

Raja vs. Yvie: I feel like "Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves" was a good song match for the both of them. LOL I was so worried for Yvie when her first wig came off as it looked like a mistake but then she revealed another wig after that. :dead: Then wow that big split she did. I thought she had bigger and more memorable moments in this. Raja performed well and reallly looked like she was into and loving the song and having the time of her life, but she didn't have any memorable moments to me. I thought Yvie owned this battle. And then..... Ru chose her to win? Lmaoooo I don't get it.  But okay, I do really like Raja and awww her emotional speech to Ru after she won was really heart warming and touching. ❤️

Jinkx vs. Monet: LOL them lip syncing to "Swish Swish." I was not expecting that. :dead: This was a really fun and entertaining performance from them both. Jinkx had great personality, comedy and solid perfrormance skills. But whoa, Monet completely slayed this and really commanded my attention. She had fun comedic moments, great performace skills, channeled the atttiude of the song but then her dancing? She had so much tight choreography and dancing. She gave a heck of a performance here and I was loving everything she did here. :omg: I felt Monet won it based on that lip sync alone. But if it was based on everything, I can totally get and understand Jinkx winning. 

Jinkx had a really strong and incredible run on the show, so I'm happy and am cool with her winning. She's a deserving winner. If the decision was based solely on that final lip sync, then I don't agree with that decision. But I'm gonna think it was based on the overeall season so that works for me. :haha: It's also nice seeing an old school contestant win.

And overall, this was a really fun and enjoyable season. It was great seeing all of these Queens compete once again! ❤️

1. Shea Couleé - Forever a Shea stan, and I was pleased with her run this season. Loved both of her winning performances, and easily would've given her the girl groups win as well. I'm pressed she got robbed of her Judas win since she wiped the floor with Jinkx, but I'm glad that I've at least gotten three seasons of Slay Couleé. ❤️
  2. Jaida Essence Hall - The narrator of the season and she brought such a joy to my TV yet again.
  3. Raja - Did somebody call for an EYE-CON? Raja ate the runways this season and left no crumbs. Her not being in the final four when she easily deserved a win in the second and third episodes was home of phobic.
  4. Monét X Change - Monét being in the best three lip syncs of the season, I know that's right. 😘 Monét also completely demolished Jinkx in that final lip sync, and was the only winner this season with any semblance of strategy.
  5. The Vivienne - Viv had a really strong showing this season and reminded me why I enjoyed her so much in UK1. And also full stop she easily deserved some of Jinkx's wins.
  6. Yvie Oddly - I feel like she was kind of shafted by the edit this season, ngl. Kind of a default ranking by default. Objectively, I low-key thought she did better than Raja in their lip sync. :ph34rwave:
  7. Trinity the Tuck - Meh. Congrats to her for having 11 wins across her seasons, but I really hope we never have to see her lip sync again.
  8. Jinkx Monsoon - LOL, what a crock of sh*t. Yeah, she's easily the most overrated drag race contestant. 5 wins? Please. She deserved 2 at most (Snatch Game and the Stand-Up challenge), and got absolutely demolished in the lip syncs in the finale. I have never, nor will I ever, get the Jinkx hype and her winning over so many superior winners has really soured this season's end result for me. OverIt.gif

22 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Ooof Poor Viv, she randomly chose the wrong song for her without even knowing.

Various queens have said that the briefcases contain the same songs and they're changed between pairings. :dead:

Amazing winner and a pretty strong season considering how fixed it became in the last couple of episodes. I expected a lot more for the finale runway. It was just so underwhelming for most.

Overall

01. The Vivienne - I wasn’t a Viv fan during RPDR UK1 but she has completely won me over. One of the few queens who shone every single week and had some amazing moments.

02. Jinkx - Very worthy winner! Delivering the best Snatch Game ever, improving her runways and never going off brand. Did she win the final lip-sync? No but she wiped the floor with everything else.

03. Trinity - I’ve moved her up a spot just because of consistency. She was amazing every single week and never put a step wrong. Trinity has really blossomed since her original run.

04. Monet - Monet could’ve easily won this season and I would’ve stanned. One of the only queens to play the game and still have a great season.

05. Yvie - Yvie was invisible for the first half of the season but I enjoy her as a character. She didn’t do amazing but she gave us some great lip-syncs.

06. Jaida - I enjoyed her this season. She was funny and had some good runways. Only really shone in one or two challenges but I didn’t dislike her like I used to.

07. Raja - I still don’t see what everyone else sees. I don’t think I’d give her any challenge wins this season. Fun character but she was practically invisible during the challenges.

08. Shea - One of the most underwhelming runs I’ve ever seen. She did the same thing in every music challenge and that finale runway was not it. Still not over the obvious fixing of the three stars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elliott said:
  1. Jinkx Monsoon - LOL, what a crock of sh*t. Yeah, she's easily the most overrated drag race contestant. 5 wins? Please. She deserved 2 at most (Snatch Game and the Stand-Up challenge), and got absolutely demolished in the lip syncs in the finale. I have never, nor will I ever, get the Jinkx hype and her winning over so many superior winners has really soured this season's end result for me. OverIt.gif

I think you need to add some sugar to your bitterness diet ❤️ 

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zoey said:

Still not over the obvious fixing of the three stars.

1 hour ago, jarmon said:

And to add, Shea shouldn't have even been in the Top 4 to start off with.

Y’all realize the final challenge being worth three stars was planned from the get-go, right?

Like they aren’t just out here fixing it for Shea (and Monét, who also benefited from it but of course you two don’t point that out 😘) when they could easily just have given her more wins and edited the episodes differently.

It was clear they wanted to have a “queen goes the whole season trying to make the finale and secured a spot at the last moment” storyline. It’s a TV show.

Edited by Elliott

1 hour ago, jarmon said:

He's just extra salty because Shea beat Jinkx lol.

And ignoring that Shea didn’t beat Jinkx, I’ve actually been prepared for the result since last summer, but thanks for trying to speak on my behalf. ❤️

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Y’all realize the final challenge being worth three stars was planned from the get-go, right?

Like they aren’t just out here fixing it for Shea (and Monét, who also benefited from it but of course you two don’t point that out 😘) when they could easily just have given her more wins and edited the episodes differently.

It was clear they wanted to have a “queen goes the whole season trying to make the finale and secured a spot at the last moment” storyline. It’s a TV show.

The same would apply to Monet but she at least won 3 challenges. Shea only won 2 hence why I said she shouldn't have been in the Finale. 

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

And ignoring that Shea didn’t beat Jinkx, I’ve actually been prepared for the result since last summer, but thanks for trying to speak on my behalf. ❤️

Aw, that's good! I was super excited seeing the spoilers and seeing Jinkx won so many challenges ❤️ was even pleased seeing her slay it as the episodes came out ❤️ 

3 minutes ago, jarmon said:

The same would apply to Monet but she at least won 3 challenges. Shea only won 2 hence why I said she shouldn't have been in the Finale. 

I mean I still steadfastly maintain Shea should’ve gotten a third win for the TRL challenge, but (knowing the spoilers) it was clear that she was going to be stuck with the aforementioned storyline.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jarmon said:

Aw, that's good! I was super excited seeing the spoilers and seeing Jinkx won so many challenges ❤️ was even pleased seeing her slay it as the episodes came out ❤️ 

And I’m happy y’all are happy. 😘

But I just watched the episode today and am in my feelings about everything. 💀

3 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LMAO this season and thread is difficult for me, with me being both a big fan of Jinkx and Shea. 🙈 :dead: 

I guess I really am just Switzerland like usual. :haha: 

There’s three seasons airing currently. I’ll get over it in like two days. 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I mean I still steadfastly maintain Shea should’ve gotten a third win for the TRL challenge, but (knowing the spoilers) it was clear that she was going to be stuck with the aforementioned storyline.

I have to agree with you there. I love Yvie but didn't feel she should've been Top 2 that week.

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

And I’m happy y’all are happy. 😘

But I just watched the episode today and am in my feelings about everything. 💀

Hugs ❤️ 

19 hours ago, Elliott said:

thats-what-im-saying-thats-what-i-mean.g

UGH Shea was so robbed that challenge. :/ She SLAYED that week and I will not hear otherwise. 

19 hours ago, Elliott said:

There’s three seasons airing currently. I’ll get over it in like two days. 

3 seasons currently airing? How can y'all keep up with watching all of this Drag Race? This would be too much for me to follow all at once. :dead: 

28 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

3 seasons currently airing? How can y'all keep up with watching all of this Drag Race? This would be too much for me to follow all at once. :dead: 

But yeah, Canada's Drag Race 3 and Drag Race France started airing while All Stars 7 was on. And then DRDU2 premiered the day after AS7's finale. :dead:

(So there were four episodes of Drag Race this past week.)

Edited by Elliott