RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars 7

Elliott

6 hours ago, Elliott said:

Going into the last competitive episode and Shea only has one star…

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Gah this season has been so frustrating being a Shea fan. 😭

6 hours ago, *Lily said:

Self-aware queen Jaida bombing her roast and still being funny :wub:

Aww yeah, I love how she was able to still poke fun at herself for how bad she was doing. :haha: 

This was a fun episode. 

Trinity did really surprise and delivered a great and hilarious roast. I guess third time really is the charm! 😮  Jinkx was hilarious too. Both were deserving of the Top 2 this week. 

I did find pretty much most/all of the Queens funny in their roasts. I can't really call who was my exact Top 2. Jaida was definitely the weakest but I love how she still poked fun at herself with how badly her roast was going. Plus, her first one too.

The runway was a really fun theme and loved everyone's outfits/runways they did. :yes: 

What a great episode ! And really loved the runway !

EPISODE RANKING:

1. Jinkx Monsoon: This was Jinkx's episode and she did not dissapoint. She was hilarious from start to finish. And she had one of my favourite runway of the week. Also nailed the lipsync, imo.
  2. Trinity the Tuck: Trinity surprised ! I cracked so much at her jokes. That being said, her runway look was my least favourite from everyone. 
  3. The Viv A natural !  That runway look ? Might be one of my favourite of the season.
  4. Monet x Change She did an excellent job to no one's surprises.  Really loved her runway look!
  5. Raja : Nailed it! 
  6. Shea Coulee: I also thought Shea did a good job, this week. 
  7. Jaida Essence Hall The way she was able to save herself by making fun of herself.  Like everyone else, she nailed the runway. 
  8. Yvie Oddly: I really enjoyed Yvie but I think she was my least favourite from everyone ?  She looked gorgeous on the runway!

OVERALL:

1. Jinkx Monsoon
  2. The Vivienne
  3. Jaida Essence Hall
  4. Monet x Change
  5. Trinity the Tuck
  6. Raja
  7. Shea Coulee
  8. Yvie Oddly

So I have a lot of thoughts on this episode.  3 stars for winning a challenge?  All this means is you could have done nothing all season long and won a challenge at the end and tied for a shot at getting into the finals.  IDK feels a little manipulative, but since when has drag race ever been fair.  

The lip sync was amazing, i think it might be my favorite one of the season and it was way better then their first lip sync. It was also way better then the Blu vs Mo lip sync to the same song.

Ranking of the talent show performances:

1. Raja - they could have easily put her in the Top over Shea imo and given Raja a shot at Queen of All Queens. 

2. Monet X Change - thought it was fantastic, and she totally deserved to win this week.

3. Trinity the Tuck - Her song was different, and recognizable.  Performance was great and it was fun.

4. Shea Coulee - I really liked her track, and she had a great performance. Her and Trinity had the best original tracks.  This was a strong talent show.  I just feel like we've seen this from Shea before.  

5. Jinkx Monsoon - The singing was great, it was campy and I loved it.

6. Yvie Oddly - above Jaida & The Vivienne because her performance was interesting.  The track was not good. 

7. The Vivienne - didn't love the original track, but the performance was fun.

8. Jaida Essence Hall - The track was bad, and if you didn't tell me it was hers I couldn't have told it apart from Yvies.  The performance was lackluster too compared to everyone elses. Stick to lip syncing other peoples songs.

I have mostly been ranking based on the episodes, here is my overall ranking going into the finale.

Overall Ranking

1. Jinkx Monsoon - icon.  I hope she wins. I think this season has cemented her as one of the all time greats from Drag Race. Can she win these last couple lip syncs with her campy style?  Not sure since Monet and Shea are tough competition, and Trinity has some strong performances. Its going to depend heavily on the kind of song she gets.

2. Trinity the Tuck - 11 wins over 3 seasons, in a variety of areas.  She has shown to be really helpful to the queens all season and has been amazing to watch.  

3. Raja - my love for Raja has been renewed this season.  I have truly enjoyed watching her perform each and every week.  So sad she is out of contention to win this season.

4. Monet X Change - She was dead last coming into this season as we all know I really disliked her performance in All-Stars 4.  However she really showed out the last half of this season with those last 2 lip syncs, girl groups performance, roast, and talent show. I would never thought I would be okay with Monet being in the finale, but girl turned it out.

5. The Vivienne - I wasn't too excited to see the Vivienne this season.  She showed shes versatile and is worthy of being on the stage with these other queens.  

6. Shea Coulee - She was higher going into the season.  She had a strong start and finish, but I don't think someone deserves top 4 based on being gifted 3 stars at the end of the competition.  Maybe 1 extra star for the last challenge would have been fair so she could tie and get a shot at the end, but like a free pass?  Nty.  That said, I do think she potentially missed out on winning the Girl Groups, so maybe that evens it out?

7. Jaida Essence Hall - I am not mad at her getting eliminated.  In fact if Jinkx hadn't gifted her a star, she wouldn't have even been in contention to advance.  Monet kicking her to the curb is just icing on the cake.  I think outside of the two design challenges she's won (and her one killer lip sync), shes performed the worst this season as a whole.

8. Yvie Oddly - What I learned this season is while Yvie is talented, the queerdo schtick got old for me.  I understand having a brand, but eh...

It this season were decided by challenge wins it would be a Top 4 of Jinkx, Trinity, Monet and The Viv.  So I guess it got the Top 4 mostly correct.  The plunger coming in to preventing The Vivienne from getting a spot in the finals is the real disservice to her I suppose. 

So I guess I am rooting for Jinkx to win her lipsync tournament and Raja to win hers.  I don't think Raja stands a chance as all 3 other queens her brack are brilliant lip syncers.

Edited by Solaris

3 hours ago, Solaris said:

3 stars for winning a challenge?  All this means is you could have done nothing all season long and won a challenge at the end and tied for a shot at getting into the finals.  IDK feels a little manipulative, but since when has drag race ever been fair.  

I think it was to have everyone (except Jinkx since she was in the finale no matter what) feel like they had to give it their all since it would easily determine who else was in the finale.

I like the idea someone on Reddit had that the challenge could’ve been worth two stars and the winner of the lip sync would get a third one. :haha:

Lol this is the most fixed season ever. Three stars for one challenge just to knock two contenders out so Jinkx can win and I say that as a Jinkx stan.

The star giveaway a few weeks ago and this week have really taken away from has been a fantastic season.

21 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Lol this is the most fixed season ever. Three stars for one challenge just to knock two contenders out so Jinkx can win and I say that as a Jinkx stan.

The star giveaway a few weeks ago and this week have really taken away from has been a fantastic season.

Its a lip sync for the crown, I think if they wanted to knock people out for Jinkx to win they'd knock out Shea and Monet and put Raja in there.  That said I don't disagree

3 hours ago, Elliott said:

I think it was to have everyone (except Jinkx since she was in the finale no matter what) feel like they had to give it their all since it would easily determine who else was in the finale.

I like the idea someone on Reddit had that the challenge could’ve been worth two stars and the winner of the lip sync would get a third one. :haha:

I would have been fine with both get 1 star, and then lip sync for another.  That would have been fair.

I thought at one point that the constant positivity of this season was gonna run a bit thin, but I’ve really loved it. Everyone has really done themselves proud this season IMO! I think either Monét or Jinkx would be my picks for the crown but I’ll always love Shea and I’ve really enjoyed Trinity this season!

Obviously will always be rooting for Jaida in the other competition. Love Raja so much although I’d be shocked to see her pull off a lip-sync tournament win. My money’s on Yvie or Jaida to take it.

Yvie’s currently the only queen who hasn’t won money this season so I’m betting she’s going to take the win in that tournament.

Rooting for Shea, but my prediction is a Monét win based off how the edit has gone.

Oooh wow at the 3 stars twist for this final challenge. Definitely not surprised with the show changing up its rules for the last challenge.  I don't mind it too much as it did help out both Monet and Shea. :haha: But I get the comments of it being unfair. I thought everyone had really good to really strong/fantastic talent shows, so think everyone should be proud of themselves. :yes: 

Also I shouldn't be too surprised about there being two lip sync challenges next week's episode either. :haha: Definitely going to be looking forward to what everyone can bring here.

4 hours ago, Solaris said:

what are the numbers looking for the #'s they do every season at the end? 

Jinkx is dominating it on Instagram. Which not a surprise at all honestly, but still has like 100K+ over the queen closest to her.

Last time I saw it was looking like:

1. Jinkx
(huge gap)
2. Trinity

3. Monet

4. Shea

• Like 1

Oooh I forgot to mention, that while I haven't really been ranking the queens this season for some reason, I'd probably be most happy with Jinkx winning. Jinkx hasn't competed on this show for such a long time but still delivered and had such an amazing run. Definitely would be a deserving winner. :yes: 

As for the others, I'll still be pleased. I have always been a big fan of Monet and Shea, so I would be personally happy seeing favorites of mine win. I do think Monet would be deserving of it. Although I'd probably rather not have Shea win as I fear the fan backlash could be strong and really against her (even though I think she deserved another win or 2 throughout the season). Trinity is the one I'm least invested in but there's no denying she's been a super strong competitor and deserving of making it to the Final 4. I would be the least excited of her winning but I would totally get and understand it.

• Like 1

Talent show rank: 

1. Monet:  Flawless.
  2. Raja : Loved every minute from Raja's talent show, and it was different from the typical lip-syncing or singing. 
  3. Shea: Easily the best when it came to this type of talent. 
  4. The Vivienne: I don't know but I enjoyed this one ?
  5. Jinkx Monsoon: Was kinda expecting more from her knowing what she can do. 
  6. Jaida Essence Hall: A fun performance. 
  7. Yvie: It was nothing new, kind of bored,
  8. Trinity The Tuck: Kudos to do something different but I didn't care for it. 

Overall:

1. Jinkx Monsoon : My winner of the season! 
  2. The Vivienne: Would love for Vivienne to win a cash prize.
  3. Jaida Essence Hall Should have been in the top 4. 
  4. Shea: Shea didn't had any lows in the season but she was just being outperformed each week. If Jinkx doesn't win, I'd love for her to win!
  5. Monet x Change I've been hit or miss on Monet throughout the season but as the season ended, I was very much Team Monet ; She's my 3rd fave in the finale though.
  6. Raja: It was a journey for Raja for the season - some high and some lows. 
  7. Trinity: She had some good moments but I think overall, she's my least favourite.
  8. Yvie: I like her but she doesn't really measure up to the other two.

What I love about this season, is that I was able to appreciate the winners even more and appreciate some that I weren't too fond of. They were all legendary and made the season so fun.

I can now SAFELY SAY, in the next Drag Race Rankdown, I will NOT be targeting Jaida Essence Hall, I am now a stan :giggle:

• Like 1

I am so happy with the winner.  Actually both winners.  This was a real win for the older seasons of drag race.  Is Elliott alive?  Everyone should be on the lookout after Jinkx eliminated Shea. Some other thoughts on the episode include: that finale runway was.... not amazing.  Jaida, Yvie, Raja and Jinkx all looked amazing.  IDK what Monet and Shea were wearing but I didn't like that.  On the subject of bad outfits, why did Monet and Jinkx wear their better outfits in round 1 of the finale.  The final lipsync had both of them in hideous outfits.

This season though has truly been amazing and every single winner has shone in their own way throughout the season.

I want to compare my pre- season rankings to my post season.

Pre-season:

1. Jinkx

2. Trinity

3. Shea

4. Raja

5. Jaida

6. The Vivienne

7. Yvie

8. Monet

Post Season:

1. Jinkx Monsoon (=) - I am so happy that Jinkx won this season.  The comedy, the class and the elevation in fashion has been amazing to watch.  In this finale, she had her best lip-sync ever imo with Judas.  I do think her and Monet were close in the final lipsync, but I do think Monet was slightly stronger.  That said She won 5 lip syncs out of the 7 she had this season, and I never thought that would be the case.  Truly incredible performance this season and 5 wins club!

2. Trinity the Tuck (=) - I here theres a lot of love for her out there after this season.  I am happy to hear social media is back on her side.  Truly the Miss Congeniality of this season.  Willing to help everyone and anyone.  Most wins in drag race herstory.  She has also won just about every type of challenge under the sun.  Great rudemption with the roast.

3. Raja (+1) - I didn't realize how much love I have for Raja until watching this season.  Fashion icon again this season.  I don't necessarily think she deserved to win her acting challenge, but it definitely made up for the challenges she could/should have won and didn't. Her finale lip sync outfit against Yvie was my favorite outfit of the night.  It was nice seeing Raja win the She Done Already Has Herses tournament as I thought she did kill both of her songs.

4. Monet X Change (+4) - What has the world come to?  I thought she had an incredible second half the season.  I didn't think she should have won week 1.  However she could have easily won the Girl Groups (and should have), her mike tyson was great in snatch game, she earned her wins in tiktok challenge and the amazing talent show she had.  Her design challenge look of the facekini was amazing.  She had some of the most memorable lipsyncs of the season with Supernova (which she should have won), The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia and So What and Swish. I do think Trinity was better in So What though 🥷 I wouldn't call myself a stan, but she really impressed me this season.

5. The Vivienne (+1) - I was pretty neutral on Viv coming into the season.  But she showed her acting chops and her strong lipsyncing skills (except the finale one where I thought Yvie destroyed her).  I like her way more now.

6. Shea Coulee (-3) - she performed consistently well, and while I thought Viv should have had her spot in the finals due to having more challenge wins, she did do show she was versatile (though I firmly believe she is an absolutely horrid actor).  Queen of the verse though with 2 killer verses to add to her repertoire now.

7. Jaida Essence Hall (-2) - she will always have her week 3 performance of the ball and that killer lip sync.  I do think she performed the worst this season on week by week basis.  But she is very likable and had some killer runways.

8. Yvie Oddly (-1) - Just personal preference.  I don't really like the fact that she finished 6th overall this season due to the tournament.  That said I do think she slayed both her lip syncs today.