American Idol S20 Hollywood Duets Challenge Discussion

istersay

2 minutes ago, erik g said:

I dont see anything wrong with it lol

It was giving me "popular girl interacts with shy/non-popular girl for the first time in her life" vibes. Maybe thats not how it actually felt in real life, but that's how I saw it from the edit :/

1 minute ago, KelseyW said:

Idol is forcing the "Kelsie is a redneck who's never been on stage before aww shucks..." edit and THAT's more annoying than anything Betty did to help her. IMO

I 100% agree with this. I don't mind Kelsie's singing but her story is annoying at this point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Question: is Showstoppers usually the best round of Hollywood week?

Yes (Even though the term "Showstoppers" was only added last season, the Top 40/50 round is always the strongest since that's when contestants are first allowed to perform with a band and audience). 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2

- Kelsie and Betty were the feel-good story of Hollywood Week; no matter where Kelsie finishes, I'm really rooting for her growth during her Idol experience

- Christian and Nicolina's duet finally sold me on who my Favorite contestants for this season are

- WTF at Kevin and Yoli's duet? :omg: They really got my attention with that "anything you can do, I can do better" skit in the beginning, which set them up for a really entertaining set

- Tristan and Cameron was another duet that I really liked; I liked how Tristan switched up the pace, and it really seemed seamless

• Like 1

i don't think that Douglas should have gone through, not after the way he acted, it was unprofessional. loved Allegra, she can sing but honestly they should have picked another song, i perfered Leah and Fritz doing locked out of heaven, it reminded of the song Lucky In Love by Colbie Caliet and Jason Mraz, it was a new take on the song and they were having fun, it was entertaining, my other favorites were Hunter, Chris Guardinio, Kenedi, and couple of others.