Superstars from The Voice

TeamAudra

First of all, the title is a little tongue-in-cheek, so no need to get on your soap box. 😉 

If you could see into the future, let’s say…10-15 years down the road, which contestants from any season do you think could become household names?

You can say “no one” if you want, but that’s boring. And we already know about Morgan Wallen, so there’s no point in mentioning him, Cassadee, Danielle. They aren’t household names at this point anyway. 

Name as many as you want. 

This thread is the exact reason why my snowflakes are young marketable contestants :haha:

. They all have potential but it takes way more than that to make it big. 

In a general sense, I'd say the ones who take the mainstream route (country, pop, R&B) and are willing to compromise a bit, have the better opportunities. So the average  country Males, young pop guys/girls and R&B contestants are in a better place than everyone else already, regardless of placement on the show. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, echoap said:

This thread is the exact reason why my snowflakes are young marketable contestants :haha:

. They all have potential but it takes way more than that to make it big. 

In a general sense, I'd say the ones who take the mainstream route (country, pop, R&B) and are willing to compromise a bit, have the better opportunities. So the average  country Males, young pop guys/girls and R&B contestants are in a better place than everyone else already, regardless of placement on the show. 

And every season, we speculate about it only to be disappointed. Someone will eventually make it big, and it will likely be long after the show is cancelled. Thats my take. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

And every season, we speculate about it only to be disappointed. Someone will eventually make it big, and it will likely be long after the show is cancelled. Thats my take. 

it will probably just be some random battle round contestant in all fairness. 

And yeah, I see Mikaela as quite marketable. She definitely has the talent too.

I´ll throw Carson Peters in there. If he keeps working on his vocals, added to his instrumental prowess and charisma, I think he can go places. He already has played the Opry with Ricky Skaggs, the CMAs with him and Brad Paisley, and as a whole could make something out of connections as well. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Andrew Jannakos is not a household name, but he´s doing pretty damn well for himself, more than any other S16 contestant. And he was a Cross Battles casualty.

I´m not a fan of his music but good for him.

Numbers wise, he’s about on par with Brynn. That’s not terrible, but they both have a long way to go. If I was forced to bet on one of them, it would be Brynn. 

I can only speak for my snowflakes, I don't follow enough other Voice artists to make a prediction on their future trajectories.

As of now, the biggest success story from my snowflakes is easily Kameron Marlowe.

Ever since his first original released on Spotify on June 2019 (about a year after his Voice exit), he has achieved the following:

- 1.3M monthly Spotify listeners (across 6 singles and 2 EPs. Among those singles, only one did not reach 1M+ streams)
- a record deal with Columbia Nashville
- a 2021 debut in the Grand Ole Opry
- opening for various huge country stars like Brad Paisley and Chris Young
- a gold RIAA certification for his first single Giving You Up

Not bad for a S15 playoffs eliminee. And this was completely organic, this all sprung from the success of the independent release of his first single.

If he keeps on this upward trajectory, I think he can be a household name very soon.

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I can only speak for my snowflakes, I don't follow enough other Voice artists to make a prediction on their future trajectories.

As of now, the biggest success story from my snowflakes is easily Kameron Marlowe.

Ever since his first original released on Spotify on June 2019 (about a year after his Voice exit), he has achieved the following:

- 1.3M monthly Spotify listeners (across 6 singles and 2 EPs. Among those singles, only one did not reach 1M+ streams)
- a record deal with Columbia Nashville
- a 2021 debut in the Grand Ole Opry
- opening for various huge country stars like Brad Paisley and Chris Young
- a gold RIAA certification for his first single Giving You Up

Not bad for a S15 playoffs eliminee. And this was completely organic, this all sprung from the success of the independent release of his first single.

If he keeps on this upward trajectory, I think he can be a household name very soon.

He’s doing much better than the other contestants from his season. It would be nice to see him succeed in the long run, as compensation for his early elimination.

• Like 1

All it takes is one hit song, or one lucky break. This could happen to any contestant, but some are far more likely than others for a variety of reasons. If I was tasked with making a list of 20-30 names, with money on the line, it would be a list of mostly younger people. I’d probably have Kameron Marlowe on there due to the fact that he’s a signed artist right now. I’d have Brynn on there for the same reason. I’d add Mikaela because of her deal with Nickelodeon. Danielle, because she could some day strike gold with the right song. I’m a little hesitant on Carter because of Republic, but he has time on his side. There seems to be some evidence that Hailey Mia has generated some label interest, and she clearly has potential marketability, so she’s on my list too. Perhaps it will end up being someone totally unexpected, but I’m not going to try to predict the next Foushee. 

• Like 2

Girl Named Tom - they have the ambition, talent, have a good bit of industry know-how. I've already been super impressed with their Instagram feed - both the band and their personals. So far, they're very "clean" - instead of trying to hold attention by bombarding their feed with covers, they're building their feed around their personalities, and all three are naturally charming. They've promised an album and possible tour sometime in 2022, so fans have a clear deadline. If they can hold fast to those goals - even if it's a lead single in winter 2022, with an album in 2023 - I could see them really making a mark. 

Carson Peters - charming, talented, he needs to step up his social media feed but if he gets in with good songwriters and producers, he could def make a name for himself. He's so young too.

Sasha Allen - hear me out lol; he has a substantial social media following and a loyal fanbase esp in the LGBTQ community. If he can hunker down, focus on songwriting, link up with good collaborators and create some solid songs, he could take off- Troye Sivan doesn't have the best voice, but he has multiple songs w hundreds of millions of streams based on pleasant vocals, solid songwriting and good production. 

Left field - Bella DeNapoli I can see as an actress in a Brooklyn 99 style sitcom or on stage. I think she's naturally charming and funny, her biggest setback musically is, imo, her own taste - her new single is pretty bland, and very much reflects her last few performances imo. But she does have a big personality, so I could see her in entertainment in some way. 

From this season: GNT, Hailey, Sophia, Bella, David (check out JADN), Samuel, Lana, Sasha

All of the above artists are very marketable. Also, some of them have originals that are very good (like David’s band JADN, Sophia, I’m sure the others are good). 

Also, this may be out of left field, and I could be biased, but I think Jack has a shot when it comes to his songwriting. The lyrics for his originals are very deep. I don’t think he has as much of a shot as some of the people above, but I thought I would list him as well.

Artists like Jershika may be marketable in lesser popular genres. For example, Jershika could be successful in gospel.