Songs of the 2000s Mini Rankdowns (2023 Round)

Steven_

8. SINGLE LADIES (PUT A RING ON IT) – BEYONCÉ

18d458f222951cd7f22672ffb59a1e94.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

AKSHAR: 2

WALLACE: 2

ALEX: 6

LILY: 6

STEVEN: 7

ANDY: 9

ELLIOTT: 9

NICO: 9

DEREK: 10

RICHARD: 10

CHRIS: 11

GIGI: 12

REI: 12

ANDREW: 13

DIANA: 13

QK: 19

WALLACE

771c7c3a-b73e-4692-9f46-4d715ecf5fcf_text.gif

850289c6-34d8-47d7-8d18-316474e000a7_text.gif

Yeah this probably isn't really a surprise but I do absolutely love "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" from Beyoncé! :wub: This was such a fun and exciting jam to kick off her I Am... Sasha Fierce album! Well this and "If I Were a Boy" were duo releases, but I always gravitated and loved this song more. This was my favorite single release from the I Am... Sasha Fierce album. I also often think of this as one of my top favorite Beyoncé songs as well. I really wanted to see this in the finals as this was one of my very top favorite songs of 2009 (as it probably would have gotten cut if not advanced right away), so a HUGE thank you so much to Akshar on advancing this with me! ❤️ This was also ROBBED on the Beyoncé discography round about 2 years ago, so I am really glad to have justice for this song to make it to the Top 20 here. Anyway, we all know this song. It's an iconic song, iconic video and was a pretty big viral/meme senstation before those existed, pretty much. I love the beat, production, how Beyoncé sings the song and just everything about the song. 

The opening of the song is so fun and I love how Beyoncé sings all those "all the single ladies" part! :bobo: Though I always loved those "Now put your hands up!" :bobo: Sometimes I do put my hands up at that part because sometimes you just got to do what Beyoncé says. 😮 The opening verse is SOO MUCH FUN!

Up in the club (club), just broke up (up)
I'm doing my own little thing
Decided to dip (dip), but now you wanna trip (trip)
'Cause another brother noticed me
I'm up on him (him), he up on me (me)
Don't pay him any attention

:bobo: 

Then that chorus is so fun, catchy and absolutely infectious! 

'Cause if you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Don't be mad once you see that he want it
If you like it, then you shoulda put a ring on it
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh-oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh-oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

Beyoncé do be telling it though! If you like it, then you should put a ring on it. Maybe she came up with this song and Jay-Z realized that so he married her earlier that year (in 2008). MAYBEE? Hmm. Anyway, I love the second verse a ton too. I especially love the parts where she sings:

I got gloss on my lips (lips), a man on my hips (hips)
Hold me tighter than my Deréon jeans
Acting up (up), drink in my cup (cup)
I can't care less what you think
I need no permission, did I mention?
Don't pay him any attention

JAMMING! :bobo: 

Although I have to admit, I absolutely LOVE and am addicted to the bridge of the song. I think that's probably my favorite part of the song! This part of the song always gets and stays stuck in my head. I LOVE the power and strength of her voice with how she sings the bridge there! 😮

Don't treat me to the things of the world
I'm not that kind of girl
Your love is what I prefer, what I deserve
Here's a man that makes me, then takes me
And delivers me to a destiny, to infinity and beyond
Pull me into your arms
Say I'm the one you want
If you don't, you'll be alone
And like a ghost, I'll be gone

Vocal SLAYAGE from Bey y'all! :omg::wub: I especially love the parts where she sings "DON'T," "YOUR LOVEEE," "DESERVEE" and "BBEEYYONNDDD." Among other parts. :wub: But yeah I think "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" is an iconic and fun jam and I absolutely love it! I do know and feel it's a polarizing song from people overall - as I know some people love it and some people don't. I do reallly love the music video and think it's so fun.  And those 870+ million views don't lie. 😘 Beyoncé straight up kills all of the dancing and choreography here and looks sooo gorgeous and sexy while doing so! :wub: I don't really know or have any major expectations for where this song will rank. I definitely don't think it will do as well as "Halo" as that song is more universally loved. But I do hope this can rank well - I hope it can make it to the Top 10, which again is some wishful thinking but hoping it can pull it off.

STEVEN

I thought this song had a chance to win, so I'm surprised it didn't even make it to the Top 4. This is an extremely catchy song, and Beyoncé's delivery makes this a very enjoyable song. It's not one of my most played Beyoncé songs, but I still think it's a great song deserving of all its success.

ANDY

Taylor imma let you finish BUT….the interruption heard round the world. This song and video are a staple of pop culture

RICHARD

I’m not especially attached to this one, but I can’t deny it’s one of the most iconic hits from the year. Super hooky.

7. JUST DANCE – LADY GAGA FEAT. COLBY O'DONIS

1662ff6c45faebd443850da2b7a8804c.1000x866x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

RICHARD: 3

CHRIS: 4

GIGI: 4

NICO: 4

LILY: 5

AKSHAR: 6

ELLIOTT: 7

REI: 8

WALLACE: 8

ANDREW: 10

DIANA: 10

STEVEN: 10

ANDY: 13

QK: 14

ALEX: 18

DEREK: 20

RICHARD

Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I think this is the strongest of the three Gaga songs here. Production on it is fantastic, it’s super catchy, the melody is more dynamic than her others. I could’ve done without the Colby feature, but that’s really the only drawback here. One of the best debut songs I’ve heard from an artist.

WALLACE

Monsterka-image-monsterka-36598805-500-259.gif

"Just Dance" was the song that introduced the world to Lady Gaga! I wish I could recall the first time I heard this song, but I think it was when she performed this on an episode of SYTYCD in 2008? I'm sure I liked it on first listen there, but I ultimately grew to really love the song later that year (and into 2009) where it blew up and I heard it a lot more. This is such a fun, catchy and addicting song. Such a perfect first single for Gaga to begin her career.  To this day, even though she has better and bigger standout songs, I still think of "Just Dance" as one of my favorite songs of Gaga's. :bobo:The opening verse is really fun and Gaga sounds good singing it.

What's goin' on, on the floor?
I love this record, baby, but I can't see straight anymore
Keep it cool, what's the name of this club?
I can't remember, but it's alright, a-alright

Then I also really love the chorus, which is so fun and addicting to jam along to!

Just dance
Gonna be okay, da-da-doo-doot-n
Just dance
Spin that record, babe, da-da-doo-doot-n
Just dance
Gonna be okay
Da-da-da-dance, dance, dance
Just, j-j-just dance

SO FUN! :bobo: I also really enjoy Colby O'Donis' verse on the song. I'm sure many people forgot who he was but I enjoyed him on his string of hits he had in 2008 and 2009 with "What You Got" and Akon's "Beautiful." Some of my favorite parts are where he sings:

When I come through on the dance floor, checking out that catalogue (Hey)
Can't believe my eyes, so many women without a flaw 

I'mma hit it, I'mma beat it up, latch onto it until tomorrow, yeah 

The way you twirlin' up them hips 'round and 'round 

In the meantime, stay, let me watch you break it down and

Then  I also really enjoy the bridge of the song where she sings that "Half psychotic, sick, hypnotic, got my blueprint, it's symphonic" part, but I especially love the latter half of it where she sings:

Go, use your muscle, carve it out, work it, hustle
(I got it, just stay close enough to get it on)
Don't slow, drive it, clean it, Lysol, bleed it
Spend the last dough (I got it) in your pock-o (I got it)

Oooh and also wanted to mention, I enjoy Akon's ad-libs on the song. Anyway, also really love it where Gaga does some belting at the end of the song, like where she belts out "babbbyyyyy." But yeah "Just Dance" was the perfect first single to launch Lady Gaga's career. The music video is also really fun, but you could also tell it was her first video as it's not really elaborate like her other videos later in her career. I hope to see this Gaga song rank well and I am curious how this will rank amongst her 3 other songs. I know this was her lowest ranked of the 3 on the Lady Gaga round in her round in the Discography game, but I'm hoping it'll be her 2nd highest ranked song here.

STEVEN

This is a catchy pop song. It's not one I ever seek out to listen to, but it does make for an enjoyable listen whenever it comes on.

ANDY

A little more basic and commercial as far as Gaga songs go but I love it, great introduction for her music career

ALEX

The straightest thing about me is I hate about 90% of Gaga’s music.

6. SOBER – P!NK

49f5a3a8c56d5287450876635e234bd9.600x600

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ALEX: 1

ELLIOTT: 4

QK: 5

GIGI: 6

NICO: 6

REI: 6

STEVEN: 6

WALLACE: 7

ANDREW: 8

LILY: 11

RICHARD: 11

ANDY: 12

DIANA: 12

AKSHAR: 15

CHRIS: 17

DEREK: 17

ALEX

Probably my favorite P!nk song? It is frequently on my repeat playlist on Spotify so easy number one.

STEVEN

This might be my favorite P!nk song. The song is well-written, and P!nk delivers strong vocals too. I thought this song could've been a winner contender, but at least it ranked this high. Shout-out to Kara DioGuardi who co-wrote this song.

WALLACE

pnk-pink-sober-quotes-1.gif

I really love "Sober" by P!nk and I do think of this as amongst one of my favorite songs from her. I'm not exactly sure where it ranks amongst my favorites of hers - I'd say at least the Top 10. Possiblyyy Top 5? This is a really deep and powerful song from P!nk. I love the emotional connection she has and sings in this song with, but also I love how she sings the song vocally. She sets the story up well on the opening verse. I do like how she builds up the song on the pre-chorus of the song, especially with how she sings: That's not the way I want my story to end. 😢

But then, I really love how she sounds and how she sings the chorus that goes:

I'm safe up high
Nothing can touch me
But why do I feel this party's over?
No pain inside
You're my protection
But how do I feel this good sober?

From the second verse, I love the part where she sings: I don't wanna be the girl that has to fill the silence and then that pause! It kinda has me shook and really commands my attention there. 😮 But then I also love the part where she sings the next line: The quiet scares me 'cause it screams the truth. It's all soo good!

I also love how she changes up the second pre-chorus where she sings:

Ah, the night is calling
And it whispers to me softly come and play
Ah, I am falling
And if I let myself go I'm the only one to blame

The bridge of the song is another really powerful part that I also love where she sings:

Coming down, coming down, coming down
Spinning 'round, spinning 'round, spinning 'round
I'm looking for myself sober 

When it's good, then it's good, it's so good 'til it goes bad
'Til you tryna find the you that you once had
I have heard myself cry, never again
Broken down in agony just tryna find a friend

So much pain and power from P!nk there! :omg: It does give me chills here! I love how she sings the rest of the song and she sounds really great, of course! The music video is also really good and so intriguing to watch too. :yes: P!nk has been controlling that #7 spot the last two years with "Who Knew" and "So What".... so I wonder if "Sober" will continue that trend or break it by going higher or lower. I can see the trend continuing but I also and mostly think this song will rank higher than those two, but we'll see.

RICHARD

This is one of the only songs here that I think went more personal, and that’s a plus in my book. While I’m not super attached to the song, it’s definitely a solid one.

ANDY

As I’ve said P!nk is hit or miss for me and she definitely brings it here, super catchy song

5. UNTOUCHED – THE VERONICAS

456374dfc96dbd99c024d0ad24d4ca85.600x600x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ANDREW: 1

DEREK: 1

ELLIOTT: 2

NICO: 2

ALEX: 4

LILY: 4

RICHARD: 4

QK: 8

CHRIS: 9

GIGI: 10

WALLACE: 12

AKSHAR: 14

STEVEN: 14

ANDY: 15

REI: 15

DIANA: 20

RICHARD

This is a damn good song, lol. The strings at the beginning paired with the beat dropping on those claps is probably one of the best intros to a song I’ve heard. I’m not normally a huge fan of talk-singing, but it really works in the verses paired with that instrumental. The chorus is the weakest part of the song for me, but it’s still solid. Overall, very underrated track.

WALLACE

anigif_sub-buzz-16130-1485352394-2.gif

"Untouched" by The Veronicas was kind of a song I forgot about over the years, or it isn't one I really listened to in such a long time. :haha: But "Untouched" is a really fun pop/rock song from The Veronicas. I do love find this song so intriguing sounding. I love the inclusion of the violins at the start and then how that mashes up with the rock music. It has this reallly fun upbeat feel to it, that is just enjoyable. The opening of the song is really fun and catchy where they sing:

I go ooh ooh, you go ah ah
lalalalalalalala
I can't lie lie lie lie lie lie
I wanna wanna wanna get get get what I want
Don't stop

The rest of the verses are good but that's what stood out most to me. I do really love the chorus and find that part of the song so catchy where they sing:

I feel so untouched
And I want you so much
That I just can't resist you
It's not enough to say that I miss you
I feel so untouched right now
Need you so much somehow
I can't forget you
Been going crazy from the moment I met you

Oh wow they do sing the verses really fast, so fast where it's hard to understand all of what they are singing. :dead: But I do like the sound of it and the fun feel of the song. The bridge of the song is reallly fun where they sing:

Untouched, untouched, untouched, untouched, untouched
Alalalala alalalala
Untouched
Alalalala alalalala

All in all "Untouched" is a reallly fun and enjoyable song. I'm glad to have been reminded of my love for this song as I hadn't heard it in awhile. I have no idea how this will do but I'm certainly curious to see how it does.

STEVEN

I don't think I ever heard this song before. I didn't really like it much as the first verse started, but the song somehow grew on me as it progressed and the chorus hit. It is pretty catchy. This could continue to grow on me with more listens. 

ANDY

Totally forgot about this song. How fun is it

- Yayy I'm glad that "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)" made it to #8. ❤️ I was fearing this wouldn't do so great but glad it exceeded my expectations. 😄 Also knew this would be Beyonce's lower ranked song of the two so again, not too mad about that. Also yay for 10 Top 10 ranks and 15 Top 13 ranks too. ❤️ And oooooo Steven thinking this could have won. I would have loved for that to happen but I didn't think it had a chance - though I do wish it had beat out my lowest ranked Gaga song. :haha: Love the comments on this one.

- Ahh dang, I had a feeling "Just Dance" would have been Lady Gaga's first song to show up. I was hoping it wouldn't but I'm also glad it's not her highest ranked song sooo I can live with this ranking. :haha: But yeah I'm good with the 7th spot for this song. Such a fun and catchy jam, of course! :bobo: 12 Top 10 ranks is fantastic for this one. But I'm really shocked and didn't see this as Derek's #20 ranking though. 😮 Oooh Alex's comment is surprising as I didn't expect him to hate most of Gaga's music either. :dead:

- Ooooh ok so I did call P!nk's breaking her #7 spot curse but I am still surprised "Sober" didn't rank higher than this. Ubteresting ranks for this one - with one #1, a bunch of #6s, a bunch of #11/12s and then two lower #17 ranks. But yeah this is a great P!nk song and glad to see it making it this far. Though I wouldn't have minded this beating a few others out. Oooh whoa shocked to see this and "Just Dance" tied in fact, but happy this won out as I put this a spot higher.

- Oooh wow, I'm actually reallly shook and impressed that The Veronicas' "Untouched" ranked so high and made it all the way to 5th - especially amongst such big powerhouse names! :omg: Definitely one of the biggest surprises to see do so well, but I'm not against that at all. 2 #1s, 4 Top 2, 7 Top 4, 10 Top 10 ranks.... is all really impressive! 😮 Fun song and yeah very well done to them!

So I got my #1, 3, 5, 16 all remaining..... please don't let my #16 win. :dead:

Lots of #1s and #20s revealed..... just a few left remaining. 😮 

#1s revealed (12): Nico, Andy, Lily, Diana, Gigi, Akshar, Elliott, QK, Rei, Alex, Andrew, Derek
#1s left (4): Chris, Richard, Steven, Wallace 

#20s revealed (14): Wallace, Akshar, Andrew, Elliott, Lily, Rei, Steven, Chris, Alex, Andy, Gigi, Richard, Derek, Diana
#20s left (2):  Nico, QK 

40 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Since "Single Ladies" was posted, does anyone else remember this video? :dead: 

OMGG I do not remember seeing this video. Ahhh poor girl here. 🙈

15 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I wonder which one of my low rankings is going to win this year, we have a lot to choose from.

Hopefully your #20 can pull it off! :wub: :giggle: 

A strong Top 4 here! Congrats to Lady Gaga on having two of her songs in the Top 4. I think she's the third artist to pull that off after Kelly Clarkson (did so with 3) and Britney Spears last round.

Even though it wouldn't have been my ideal Final 4, I was kinda hoping and would have loved for a Beyoncé/Kelly Clarkson/Lady Gaga/P!nk Final 4 as it would have been really cool seeing four popular, beloved and strong female artists battling it out for the Top spot. 😮 But Kelly/Beyoncé/Gaga x 2 is still great and will do. ❤️ 

4. PAPARAZZI – LADY GAGA

7734544a5d1c41ebd70ae424f0ca4c63.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

CHRIS: 1

ANDREW: 2

DIANA: 2

DEREK: 4

ELLIOTT: 5

ANDY: 7

REI: 7

AKSHAR: 8

NICO: 8

RICHARD: 8

GIGI: 11

STEVEN: 11

LILY: 12

ALEX: 14

QK: 15

WALLACE: 16

ANDY

Funny enough I think LoveGame is my favorite single from The Fame, but Paparazzi is such a good song and has grown on me so much over the years

RICHARD

Definitely takes a hit on my list for that godawful Kate Gosselin dance, but otherwise, it’s a great song. I love the futuristic feel, and the overall composition is strong and interesting. Not quite as overplayed as “Poker Face,” which plays a part in why I prefer it of the two.

STEVEN

The song is kind of catchy. It's one of those songs I like when I hear it, but I never seek it out to listen to it on my own.

WALLACE

tumblr_liosstf8i51qbpemeo1_500.gif

I'm not really sure how popular or unpopular this opinion is, but "Paparazzi" was always my least favorite single from Lady Gaga's The Fame album - well, at least of the four big singles from that album, that is. In fact, of the 3 Gaga songs here, I could have done without this one being here. :ph34rwave: I do really like and enjoy this song but I never reallly loved or was over the moon of this song, especially compared to most of her releases from the first 3 years of her career. :haha: I don't know if that's something about me or what, lol. Anyway, "Paparazzi" is a really fun song and I do enjoy the sound of it. The verses and the beat has this really cool hypnotic feel to it. As does the chorus, which is really fun and catchy.  I do love how she sings the chorus:

I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me
Papa-paparazzi
Baby, there's no other superstar, you know that I'll be
Your papa-paparazzi
Promise I'll be kind
But I won't stop until that boy is mine
Baby, you'll be famous, chase you down until you love me
Papa-paparazzi

Really fun and cute! :bobo:

I do like the verses and how she sings them but also don't really have any standout parts there. :haha: I do really like the bridge and find that to be another fun part of the song where she sings:

Real good, we dance in the studio
Snap, snap to that s on the radio
Don't stop for anyone
We're plastic, but we still have fun!

"Paparazzi" is a good and fun jam from Lady Gaga, but just not one of my top favorites. The music video is really such an event and so entertaining to watch. Love the storytelling and movie feel to it. It was the first movie style music video from Lady Gaga. I would love for this to be the first Gaga song to show up but it probably won't be - but as long as it's not her longest lasting song, then I'll be good. :haha: I do remember this beating out "Poker Face" in the Lady Gaga round so I just hope that doesn't happen again but we'll see.

3. POKER FACE – LADY GAGA

6d4915528495453664d61b6e93bf069b.1000x1000x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

WALLACE: 1

CHRIS: 2

GIGI: 2

REI: 2

DIANA: 3

ANDREW: 6

DEREK: 6

ELLIOTT: 6

AKSHAR: 9

RICHARD: 9

NICO: 10

ANDY: 11

STEVEN: 13

LILY: 14

ALEX: 16

QK: 16

WALLACE

lady-gaga-he-cant-read-me.gif

ac8041d1-b134-4137-b713-497c0af37968_text.gif

"Poker Face" was the second single release from Lady Gaga and this was such a huge song. I absolutely love "Poker Face" and consider it one of my very favorite songs from Lady Gaga! :wub: This song was also my favorite song of 2009 - on my 2009 Year-End list, so I am really glad that this made it to the Final 20! It makes sense for me to still rank it at #1. This song really helped cement Gaga's status as a pop star and a modern day pop icon. "Poker Face" is such a fun, catchy and energetic pop song.  What's not to love about it, tbh? I really love how Gaga sings this song as well as loving the beat and music production on this track! :bobo: It's so fun and dancey! I really enjoy how Lady Gaga sings the opening verse. I especially love the parts where she sings:

I wanna hold 'em like they do in Texas, please (Woo)
Fold 'em, let 'em hit me, raise it, baby, stay with me (I love it)

Then I also really love the pre-chorus and chorus of the song. I find those parts so fun, catchy and infectious where she sings: 

Oh, whoa-oh, oh, oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
I'll get him hot, show him what I've got
Oh, whoa-oh, oh, oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
I'll get him hot, show him what I've got 

Can't read my, can't read my
No, he can't read my poker face
(She's got me like nobody)
Can't read my, can't read my
No, he can't read my poker face
(She's got me like nobody) 

P-p-p-poker face, P-p-p-poker face
(Mum mum mum mah)
P-p-p-poker face, P-p-p-poker face
(Mum mum mum mah)

But oh whoaaa, waitt! I was not aware of some of these lyrics? Sooo it doesn't really all say "p-p-p-poker face" throughout the end of the chorus? But it has *bleep* her face in there? Wow you really learn something new every day. :dead: Anywho, I will still post the clean lyrics and continue jamming out like crazy here. :bobo:

I love the second verse of the song a ton, but I especially love the part where Lady Gaga sings:

Russian roulette is not the same without a gun
And baby, when it's love, if it's not rough, it isn't fun, fun

Oooh some naughty Gaga there. :giggle: But then the bridge is another super catchy and part I absolutely LOVE a ton as well. I love it all where she sings:

I won't tell you that I love you
Kiss or hug you
'Cause I'm bluffin' with my muffin
I'm not lyin', I'm just stunnin' with my love-glue-gunnin'
Just like a chick in the casino
Take your bank before I pay you out
I promise this, promise this
Check this hand 'cause I'm marvelous

Sing it, Gaga! :bobo:

Then the Gaga sings the chorus throughout the rest of the song and it's still so fun, catchy and addicting to listen to! :bobo: This is such a great and classic song from Gaga. I also love the video and think it's really fun. Many other people love the video too as it got 1 billion views! With Gaga having 3 songs on this rankdown, I'm curious to see how they all rank. It certainly goes without saying that I am really rooting for "Poker Face" to be the highest ranked Gaga song of this round, hopefully. 

RICHARD

Yeah, this is definitely an iconic song. Production is great, strong hook. Suffered a bit from overplay (as most of these did), so maybe that’s why I don’t love it as much. The melody I think is also a little less compelling than her others on the list.

ANDY

I was literally 28 years old (like three weeks ago) when I discovered she’s saying “f-f-f*ck her face” at the end of the chorus. Omg

STEVEN

This song is fine.  It was a huge hit, and I get the appeal. I just think Lady Gaga released better songs in the future. This one ranks around the middle for me.

2. HALO – BEYONCÉ

03d2aa1220fdcb3f0531481008b140b9.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

LILY: 2

STEVEN: 2

CHRIS: 3

GIGI: 3

REI: 3

WALLACE: 3

AKSHAR: 4

ANDY: 5

DIANA: 5

RICHARD: 5

ALEX: 9

ELLIOTT: 10

NICO: 11

ANDREW: 14

DEREK: 14

QK: 20

STEVEN

"Halo" is my favorite Beyoncé song. She has so many terrific songs, but this has always been my favorite. This is a gorgeous power ballad. I really like the melody and the lyrics, and Beyoncé's vocals are lovely here. She sounds so pretty on this track. I almost ranked this #1, but another song here just barely outranked "Halo" for me.

WALLACE

tumblr_nzyy0cz9s01ujcvduo2_500.gifv

tumblr_lxz3rwW6161qc2jhfo1_500.gif

Probably to no one's surprise, I absolutely love and adore "Halo." I think this is such a timeless, angelic and gorgeous ballad from Beyoncé. :wub: I often think of this as my favorite ballad of hers. This was a song I was reallly hoping and wanting to see advance through to the Final 20, so thank you to Lily & Richard on coming through for this song. ❤️ I love the beautiful and vulnerable emotion and the mix of soft stunning and powerful vocals that Beyoncé delivers through the song. She showcases her vocal range so beautifully here. I love how she sings the start of the song. I really like those really low notes she hit, like where she sings: Well, baby, they're tumblin' down and They didn't even make a sound. She sings the rest of the verse beautifully. But I love it even more where she builds up the song on the pre-chorus and chorus where she sings:

It's like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breakin'
It's the risk that I'm takin'
I ain't never gonna shut you out 

Everywhere I'm lookin' now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my savin' grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away 

I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo, halo
I can feel your halo, halo, halo
I can see your halo, halo
Halo

SO heavenly beautiful! :wub: 

From the second verse, I love that part a ton as a whole but some of my favorite parts are where Beyoncé sings:

Hit me like a ray of sun
Burnin' through my darkest night 

Think I'm addicted to your light
I swore I'd never fall again
But this don't even feel like fallin'

Then I think around the bridge, where she repeats singing Halo!Halo! Oooooooohhhhhhhhh, is SO beautiful! :wub: I LOVE the beautiful vocal range and higher register she showcases in her voice there! :heartbounce: I love how she sings the rest of the chorus and all of those "halo" parts. This song is just so beautiful and heavenly! ❤️ I also really love the video and think Beyoncé looks so beautiful in it! :wub: Also wow at the video having over 1.2 Billion views. :omg: Since this did really well in the Beyoncé discography round, I am hoping the same can apply here and that it can rank really high here too! I do think this will definitely be the higher ranked Beyoncé song, which I would totally be fine with. I just gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope it can make the Final 4!

ANDY

One of Beyoncé’s best singles, a beautiful song in every way

RICHARD

Definitely one of my favorite Beyoncé songs. Her voice powers through really well on this track, and the production in the verses is great. I’m not as massively in love with the synthy choruses, which is why this isn’t higher on my list.

ALEX

I just know certain users are shaking, vomiting, crying seeing Bey with two songs in the end here.

1. MY LIFE WOULD SUCK WITHOUT YOU – KELLY CLARKSON

9bf892fcf3aaa4fec2e6e3f094f4a962.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

RICHARD: 1

STEVEN: 1

QK: 2

ANDREW: 3

ELLIOTT: 3

DIANA: 4

REI: 4

GIGI: 5

WALLACE: 5

AKSHAR: 7

ALEX: 7

LILY: 9

ANDY: 10

CHRIS: 13

DEREK: 16

NICO: 20

RICHARD

Perhaps I’m a little biased, but after (re)listening to all of these songs, I think this is the best one. Kelly’s voice powers through here terrifically, and the production is fantastic, complementing her voice extremely well and not taking away from her signature sound. It’s an extremely earwormy song overall with an infectious beat and backing track. Easily one of Kelly’s best in my book.

STEVEN

"My Life Would Suck Without You" is one of my all-time favorite Kelly Clarkson songs. I especially like the chorus of the song and how Kelly belts those notes out. It's such a catchy pop love song with an anthemic feel to it. "My Life Would Suck Without You" is a song I like as much as I did when it was first released, and it takes the #1 spot for me.

WALLACE

tumblr_lihfeyXulx1qingovo1_500.gifv

It's kinda surprising to me that this is Kelly Clarkson's first appearance in the year-end round since her 2005 domination round. But if any song of hers had to make her grand comeback return to the Final 20 than I'm glad it's "My Life Would Suck Without You." This song was my favorite single from Kelly's All I Ever Wanted album and was also the song I most wanted from her to make the finals, so I'm glad that happened here! This is such a cute, fun feel good pop/rock song. I love the message of it, music production and of course Kelly’s vocals here.  Kelly does sound really good and actually really cute on the opening verse of the song. ❤️ I do love the part of how she sings: Said you'd never come back. But here you are again before getting into the chorus.

Then the fun and catchy chours comes along that I love where Kelly sings:

'Cause we belong together now, yeah
Forever united here somehow, yeah
You got a piece of me
And honestly
My life (my life) would suck (would suck) without you

It really has that fun anthemic feel to it! :bobo: I love the power she has in her voice singing that part of the song!

From the second verse, I love the aprts where she sings:

Maybe I was stupid for telling you goodbye
Maybe I was wrong for trying to pick a fight
I know that I've got issues
But you're pretty messed up too
Either way I found out
I'm nothing without you

Ooops okay, I love that whole verse, but it's really so fun and catchy. :haha: And I also love Kelly's delivery there. I do love how Kelly slows down the song at the bridge section where she sings:

Being with you is so dysfunctional
I really shouldn't miss you
But I can't let you go
Oh, yeah

It's a nice way to slow down the song but she gets back to rocking out and having fun belting out the rest of the song! :bobo: This is a great, catchy pop song and Kelly truly delivers on this! :wub: This is also amongst one of my favorite singles of hers, so again, I'm glad this made the finals. Kelly has always managed to crack into the Top 4 with all of her songs that made the Final 20 in this rankdown. I don't see that changing or being any different with this song, as I think it's a lock for the Final 4. I just don't know if it has enough power to win.

ALEX

“I know that I’ve got issues but you’re pretty messed up too” so true queen

ANDY

This song is so stupid lmfao I love it so much. I always just think of Michael and Erin from The Office randomly celebrating and throwing this song on in that one episode. It’s very That Energy

- Oooh I do like "Paparazzi" but okay this was the main song I didn't want to win of the remaining 4 so I'm content/cool with whatever wins now. :haha: Lmao leave it to Richard to mention that awful Kate Gosselin dance to this. :dead: 10 Top 10 ranks is really good for this. Although eek me being the lowest ranker which I kinda had a feeling about, lmao.

- Oooh okay, well my main want was for "Poker Face" to be Lady Gaga's highest ranked song so I am totally cool and pleased with that happening. :haha: Love this song a ton and am fine with it not winning. Yay for 5 Top 10 and 11 Top 10 rankings though. LMAOO Andy is me at the comments, except I was a little older when I found out what Gaga was saying at the end of the chorus, lmaoo. :dead:

- Ahh dang, despite not ranking it 1st, I was really hoping for "Halo" to pull out the win but not too surprised with it coming in 2nd. Just a bit bummed as this may be one of Beyoncé's last chances to win but ah well. :broken: Really gorgeous and stunning song from Beyoncé, of course. Glad to see so many high rankings - 6 Top 3, 10 Top 5 and 12 Top 10 ranks are all really impressive and nothing too fret about. ❤️ Still super glad to see it make it this high. Love and agree with lots of the comments here too. ❤️ LMAO Alex with his comment. :dead:

- Ahh I do love "My Life Would Suck Without You" and it's a deserving/solid winner but dangg I was really hoping for "Poker Face" or "Halo" to pull off the win instead. :dead: Ah well. This is a great, fun and really enjoyable song from Kelly and one of my favorites from her of course. :yes: Not surprised to see this pull off the win and this being her 2nd song to win it here in this game. I do with most of the comments here on this song.

On 12/19/2021 at 10:16 PM, Steven_ said:

SONGS OF 2010

"My First Kiss" – 3OH!3 feat. Kesha

"Whataya Want from Me" – Adam Lambert

"Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart" – Alicia Keys

"Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)" – Alicia Keys

"If I Die Young" – The Band Perry

"Sweet Dreams" – Beyoncé

"I Gotta Feeling" – The Black Eyed Peas

"Imma Be" – The Black Eyed Peas

"Meet Me Halfway" – The Black Eyed Peas

"Rock That Body" – The Black Eyed Peas

"Nothin' on You" – B.o.B feat. Bruno Mars

"Airplanes" – B.o.B feat. Hayley Williams

"Magic" – B.o.B feat. Rivers Cuomo

"Two Is Better Than One" – Boys Like Girls feat. Taylor Swift

"3" – Britney Spears

"Just the Way You Are" – Bruno Mars

"Teach Me How to Dougie" – Cali Swag District

"Undo It" – Carrie Underwood

"Deuces" – Chris Brown feat. Tyga and Kevin McCall

"Life After You" – Daughtry

"Sexy B*tch" – David Guetta feat. Akon

"All I Do Is Win" – DJ Khaled feat. T-Pain, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg and Rick Ross

"Find Your Love" – Drake

"Over" – Drake

"Forever" – Drake feat. Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Eminem

"Not Afraid" – Eminem

"Love the Way You Lie" – Eminem feat. Rihanna

"I Like It" – Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull

"Like a G6" – Far East Movement feat. The Cataracs and Dev

"Club Can't Handle Me" – Flo Rida feat. David Guetta

"Replay" – Iyaz

"Baby" – Justin Bieber feat. Ludacris

"In My Head" – Jason Derulo

"Ridin' Solo" – Jason Derulo

"Whatcha Say" – Jason Derulo

"Down" – Jay Sean feat. Lil Wayne

"Do You Remember" – Jay Sean feat. Sean Paul and Lil Jon

"Empire State of Mind" – Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys

"Young Forever" – Jay-Z feat. Mr Hudson

"Lover, Lover" – Jerrod Niemann

"Teenage Dream" – Katy Perry

"California Gurls" – Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg

"Already Gone" – Kelly Clarkson

"Take It Off" – Kesha

"Tik Tok" – Kesha

"Your Love Is My Drug" – Kesha

"Blah Blah Blah" – Kesha feat. 3OH!3

"I Made It (Cash Money Heroes)" – Kevin Rudolf feat. Birdman, Jay Sean and Lil Wayne

"Use Somebody" – Kings of Leon

"Live Like We're Dying" – Kris Allen

"Bulletproof" – La Roux

"American Honey" – Lady Antebellum

"Need You Now" – Lady Antebellum

"Alejandro" – Lady Gaga

"Bad Romance" – Lady Gaga

"Paparazzi" – Lady Gaga

"Telephone" – Lady Gaga feat. Beyoncé

"Right Above It" – Lil Wayne feat. Drake

"How Low" – Ludacris

"My Chick Bad" – Ludacris feat. Nicki Minaj

"Misery" – Maroon 5

"Haven't Met You Yet" – Michael Bublé

"Cooler Than Me" – Mike Posner

"Party in the U.S.A." – Miley Cyrus

"The House That Built Me" – Miranda Lambert

"Just a Dream" – Nelly

"Animal" – Neon Trees

"Tie Me Down" – New Boyz feat. Ray J

"Your Love" – Nicki Minaj

"All the Right Moves" – OneRepublic

"Secrets" – OneRepublic

"According to You" – Orianthi

"Fireflies" – Owl City

"The Only Exception" – Paramore

"Only Girl (In the World)" – Rihanna

"Rude Boy" – Rihanna

"Hard" – Rihanna feat. Jeezy

"King of Anything" – Sara Bareilles

"Breakeven" – The Script

"Eenie Meenie" – Sean Kingston and Justin Bieber

"Naturally" – Selena Gomez & the Scene

"Impossible" – Shontelle

"Stuck Like Glue" – Sugarland

"Dynamite" – Taio Cruz

"Break Your Heart" – Taio Cruz feat. Ludacris

"Mine" – Taylor Swift

"Today Was a Fairytale" – Taylor Swift

"You Belong With Me" – Taylor Swift

"Say Something" – Timbaland feat. Drake

"Carry Out" – Timbaland feat. Justin Timberlake

"Hey, Soul Sister" – Train

"Billionaire" – Travis McCoy feat. Bruno Mars

"Say Aah" – Trey Songz feat. Fabolous

"Bottoms Up" – Trey Songz feat. Nicki Minaj

"Smile" – Uncle Kracker

"There Goes By Baby" – Usher

"DJ Got Us Fallin' in Love" – Usher feat. Pitbull

"Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home)" – Usher feat. Plies

"OMG" – Usher feat. will.i.am

"BedRock" – Young Money feat. Lloyd

And here are the 2010 songs.

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Halo and Kelly Clarkson Top 2... geez thank goodness I cut Already Gone

I'm lowkey okay with that now as I'm sure "Already Gone" would have definitely been in the Top 2 to beat out "Halo." It has a chance for 2010 though.

14 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I fear we're in the dark ages of music.

Although I like a lot of songs for 2010, I think the 2010s is overall weaker than the 2000s in popular music in general. So I think there will be some worse years to come. :ph34rwave: :haha: 

• Like 1