Jump to content

How would Famous Artists today Realistically perform on the voice?


CocoaPuffs

Recommended Posts

😭 I feel like we all always wonder how the coaches/previous coaches would fair on this show…. But I also have wondered how artists like Selena Gomez and Britney Spears who get a LOT of slack for their live performances would fair on The Voice ya know? What do y’all think?? Just something fun to think about!😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • istersay changed the title to How would Famous Artists today Realistically perform on the voice?
  • 1 year later...

Billie Eilish - I like her music but she either gets eliminated in the battles or doesn’t turn a chair at all.

 

Bruno Mars - Versatile, powerhouse male vocalist. He’s finale material for sure. Could win most seasons given the proper treatment and right songs.

 

Taylor Swift - 30 year old Taylor has gotten better but she’s still a limited vocalist so I feel like her ceiling is still Knockouts or so. Playoffs if she’s lucky. This is of course, assuming that Swifties don’t exist in this universe.

 

Miley Cyrus - She’s definitely making lives at the very least . After that, I’m not sure where she ends up, all I know is that she will be robbed.

 

Anderson Paak - He’d be one of the several contestants that are too cool to thrive on the Voice. He would make an early exit but not without delivering some great, fresh performances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chris Stapleton - Winner.

 

Jason Isabell - At least would make the finale.

 

Sturgill Simpson - Might be too ragged for the audience, but could make the finale too.

 

Eric Church - Same as Sturgill.

 

Brandi Carlile - Possibly finale.

 

Taylor Swift - Country Taylor could make the finale. Pop Taylor would be eliminated in playoffs, if she makes it there.

 

Ed Sheeran - Top 11 perhaps.

 

Alex Turner (from Arctic Monkeys) - Likely the same fate as Devix.

 

Jazmine Sullivan - Could pull a Jershika-style trajectory and make finale.

 

H.E.R - Finale. The guitar might help her.

 

Kane Brown - I know we joke around him winning, but I think semis is his ceiling. 

 

Usher - Top 10 or so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Chris Stapleton - Winner.

 

Jason Isabell - At least would make the finale.

 

Sturgill Simpson - Might be too ragged for the audience, but could make the finale too.

 

Eric Church - Same as Sturgill.

 

Brandi Carlile - Possibly finale.

 

Taylor Swift - Country Taylor could make the finale. Pop Taylor would be eliminated in playoffs, if she makes it there.

 

Ed Sheeran - Top 11 perhaps.

 

Alex Turner (from Arctic Monkeys) - Likely the same fate as Devix.

 

Jazmine Sullivan - Could pull a Jershika-style trajectory and make finale.

 

H.E.R - Finale. The guitar might help her.

 

Kane Brown - I know we joke around him winning, but I think semis is his ceiling. 

 

Usher - Top 10 or so.


Did you include Jason Isbell because of what happened with him and the Voice?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How do you think all the coaches would do if they auditioned with the following songs?

 

Would they turn chairs and if so how many?

 

Adam-“She Will Be Loved”

Blake-“Boys Round Here”

Kelly-“Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)”

Ceelo-“Forget You”

Christina-“What A Girl Wants”

Usher-“U Got It Bad”

Shakira-“Loca”

Gwen-“Hollaback Girl”

Pharrell-“Happy”

Miley-“The Climb”

Alicia-“If I Ain’t Got You”

JHud-“AIATYING”

John-“Ordinary People”

Nick-“A Little Bit Longer”

Ariana-“Thank U Next”

Kelsea-“Miss Me More”

Bebe-“Meant To Be”

Camilla-“Havana”

Nial-“This Town”

Chance-“We Go High”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Jaffy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

How do you think all the coaches would do if they auditioned with the following songs?

 

Adam-“She Will Be Loved”

Blake-“Boys Round Here”

Kelly-“Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)”

Ceelo-“Forget You”

Christina-“What A Girl Wants”

Usher-“U Got It Bad”

Shakira-“Loca”

Gwen-“Hollaback Girl”

Pharrell-“Happy”

Miley-“The Climb”

Alicia-“If I Ain’t Got You”

JHud-“AIATYING”

John-“Ordinary People”

Nick-“A Little Bit Longer”

Ariana-“Thank U Next”

Kelsea-“Miss Me More”

Bebe-“Meant To Be”

Camilla-“Havana”

Nial-“This Town”

Chance-“We Go High”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Adam-“She Will Be Loved” - 2 chairs

Blake-“Boys Round Here” - 2 chairs (if he'd audition with a country classic, on the other hand, he'd get four chairs easily)

Kelly-“Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” - 4 chairs, no question

Ceelo-“Forget You” - 2 chairs

Christina-“What A Girl Wants” - 3 chairs, that song doesn't really showcase her power, with other song, easily 4

Usher-“U Got It Bad” - 2 chairs

Shakira-“Loca” - 1 chair at best 

Gwen-“Hollaback Girl” - 0 chairs, sorry

Pharrell-“Happy” - 1 chair, maybe 2

Miley-“The Climb” - probably 3

Alicia-“If I Ain’t Got You” - 3, maybe 4

JHud-“AIATYING” - easily 4, plus a standing ovation

John-“Ordinary People” - 3 or 4

Nick-“A Little Bit Longer” - 0, sorry (but coaches have turned for a lot of basic pop guys in the past, so, who knows)

Ariana-“Thank U Next” - 3 chairs, she is four chair material, but that song is not material for an audition

Camilla-“Havana” - Maybe 2, but probably just 1 (if not 0 😶)

 

Idk about the others

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Guy's a beast on vocals and guitar. And he's a white dude with an appealing Americana style that can crossover to country. 

 

Plus Minivan wouldnt know about his politics on the show lol

 

It's not the politics I'm worried about lol. But I feel he's a lot different from the usual male country singers that make it far on this show. His voice is kind of reedy and he probably wouldn't make it past the classic singers with the deep voices. He is one of my favorite artists but idk.. I don't trust this audience to take him all the way LMAO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Adam-“She Will Be Loved” - 2 chairs

Blake-“Boys Round Here” - 2 chairs (if he'd audition with a country classic, on the other hand, he'd get four chairs easily)

Kelly-“Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” - 4 chairs, no question

Ceelo-“Forget You” - 2 chairs

Christina-“What A Girl Wants” - 3 chairs, that song doesn't really showcase her power, with other song, easily 4

Usher-“U Got It Bad” - 2 chairs

Shakira-“Loca” - 1 chair at best 

Gwen-“Hollaback Girl” - 0 chairs, sorry

Pharrell-“Happy” - 1 chair, maybe 2

Miley-“The Climb” - probably 3

Alicia-“If I Ain’t Got You” - 3, maybe 4

JHud-“AIATYING” - easily 4, plus a standing ovation

John-“Ordinary People” - 3 or 4

Nick-“A Little Bit Longer” - 0, sorry (but coaches have turned for a lot of basic pop guys in the past, so, who knows)

Ariana-“Thank U Next” - 3 chairs, she is four chair material, but that song is not material for an audition

Camilla-“Havana” - Maybe 2, but probably just 1 (if not 0 😶)

 

Idk about the others

Seems 100% accurate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/4/2022 at 11:21 AM, Misirlou said:

Guy's a beast on vocals and guitar. And he's a white dude with an appealing Americana style that can crossover to country. 

 

Plus Minivan wouldnt know about his politics on the show lol

the fact that any of the bolded stuff has an impact on someone winning a show called “the voice” is mind-boggling to me. not criticizing you, i know you’re just pointing out what’s happening, but i think it’s rather unfortunate. genre, gender, race, instrumental abilities, politics shouldn’t enter into the conversation imo. the only arguable one is genre, but someone can have the best voice regardless of their genre anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...