SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Okay, JC did not check in and the deadline is passed. Because I'm the nicest guy in the world I am giving him his three prior immunities as his Top 100 saves:

Mackenzie Green

Mark Kanemura

Boris Schreurs

I will open up Round 2 as close to 11:00am Eastern Monday (tomorrow) (March 7) as I possibly can. When I post, the round will be open and cuts can be made. Remember, 6 cuts must be girls and 2 must be guys or NB (Sasha/Megz). 

@*Amanda @sublymonal @*Diana @Elliott @JC @totes4totes @.Rei @Zoey

thanks derek sorry I had a family emergency this morning, my dad had to go to the hospital and I forgot all about this. apologies if i held up the game

1 hour ago, JC said:

thanks derek sorry I had a family emergency this morning, my dad had to go to the hospital and I forgot all about this. apologies if i held up the game

oh no! I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like a miserable weekend. I hope your dad and the rest of your family are doing better

Don't worry about us, nothing was held up. All the times were already set 👍

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 5:12 PM, FrogLenzen said:

For the second round, every ranker must make 1 final cut from the remaining dancers. The second round will start at a specific time on Monday, likely in the morning Eastern time. If you have a preference for the time the round starts on Monday, please post it in the thread. For the final cuts, 6 must be girls and 2 must be guys/NB. First come first serve. If you miss your chance to cut a certain gender, too bad.

Cuts are not locked in until a write-up is posted. The usual rule (30 minutes to do a write-up or refresh) will apply. Feel free to do your write-up early and copy/paste into the thread when round 2 opens. Also, feel free to make deals with each other. 

Round 2 is open! Every ranker has 24 hours to make a final cut. Bolded names on the front page are eligible for elimination. Please note that the 30 minute write-up rule applies. Only one refresh allowed. Pay attention to the genders of the cuts because there are limits. Good luck to my your favorites!

@*Amanda @sublymonal @*Diana @Elliott @JC @totes4totes @.Rei @Zoey

Nicholas Archambault 

A lot of my favourites will be cut regardless I’m petty or not so I might as well go for someone while good i find extremely overrated. Nico was the first winner of the Canada version and he was definitely one of the best guys. The thing that makes me not enjoy Nico as much as I would is that his parnership with Arassay was just very underwhelming for me. The only thing that I enjoyed from them was their salsa but the rest I really disliked. Post Top 10, nico did much better getting partnered with actually good dancers and having great choreography that it’s no wonder he ended up winning. What he did with Lisa, Allie and Natali was miles better than what he did with Arassay. It’s also important to notice that Nico is very hot!!! It just happen to be that I have four other dancers from CA1 that I like better so Nico has never been one of my top favorites.

I’ll make this prettier later when I get home.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Kim Gingras
Kim-Gingras-min.jpg

I am cutting a female dancer, are you surprised? This cut seems simple to me because you all did
Tara-Jean Popowich so dirty and if she can't be in the top 100 than neither can Kim Gingras. Kim was the semi finalist female hip hop dancer from Season two of So You Think You Can Dance Canada. I don't know if this is a popular or unpopular opinion but that season was my favorite of all the Canada seasons (with 1 being a close second) but anyway this is a petty cut anyone should of saw coming with myself as IDF's resident Tara-Jean fan on this site. I am a fan of Kim but I don't think she should be here if Tara-Jean isn't. Be happy 8 wasn't more petty! 👀 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

BRANDON BRYANT

Brandon Bryant is one of the most annoyingly overrated dancers this show has ever seen. Mia Michaels called it in Vegas tbh. Watching him and Janette stumble their way through the semi-finals while being praised for everything? Over it. I thought we were finally out of our misery at the Top 8, but then he somehow managed to scour up enough votes to be safe over Jason Glover. Choices. At least he rightfully lost at the end, even if he still  Kayla Radomski and Evan Kasprzak.

Carly Blaney (US12)

Carly was definitely one of the better parts of the abysmal eleventh season of the show. She deserved to make the Top 10 but fell victim to the dreaded double elimination that season, along with Teddy, Emily and her partner Serge. Together, her and Serge delivered some good routines including their Contemporary to “Latch” and their hip-hop where they were dressed as skeletons. That being said, of the women left, Carly is probably the one with the fewest high moments in her run and, by cutting her, I guarantee that a gay man wins S12. Yay for Teddy.

Edited by sublymonal

Witney-Carson-Shares-Picks-for-Best-and-

Witney Carson

You all are lucky I have a headache so I'm not being any pettier than this. As Chehon's #1 STAN on this board, you may be surprised that I am cutting his original partner Witney. But frankly Season 9 is boring and Witney has never excited me. She did make it all the way to top 8 and had a pretty good hip-hop with tWitch that mostly stands out for being surprisingly good and having Luther Brown choreography. Congrats to Witney, she did not actively suck. She does hold the title I believe (somebody can correct me because I am NOT googling) of being the first SYTYCD alum to win a Mirror Ball Trophy in DWTS but that's about where her accolades end. She's always been a so-so ballroom dancer and I guess the most interesting thing about her is that she's at least not as awful as Lindsay (though her empty gestures showing solidarity to Ukraine are definitely pushing her in the wrong direction in that front). If I am getting a ballroom dancing teen from Utah on this show I'll take Jenna and Lacey 100% of the time.

• Sad 3