SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

Cycle 8: Vegas Week Contemporary

xF0Wj9b.pngD9SFFD6.pnguQUZxHG.pngJ8tctJl.png

The dancers have survived the group choreography rounds, and now it's time for another Vegas Week staple: the contemporary round. Things start to become more serious. Harder decisions have to be made, and the judges must be even more careful with their choices. There are 144 dancers left, and we are getting close to the Top 100 for the live shows. After this cycle, immunities for the 33 select dancers will expire.

In this cycle, every ranker will get to cut and save three times. You get to choose whose nominations you want to cut/save for. Please message me the names of the three other rankers whose round you want to participate in.

The order of the nominations will be randomized. When it's your turn, I will reveal which other rankers will be cutting and saving. The number of nominations required will depend on the number of rankers participating in your round. If no one chooses your name, you don't get to nominate any dancers. 

@*Amanda @sublymonal @*Diana @Elliott @JC @totes4totes @.Rei @Zoey

14 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Needed for the front page:

Elliott photos:

233. Melody Lacayanga (US1)

215. Jemma Armstrong (AU1)

173. Kameron Bink (US3)

165. Joey van der Slot (NL6)

Andrew write-ups:

159. Janette Manrara (US5)

160. Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval (US3)

Zoey write-ups:

157. Nathalie Heath (CA3)

158. Jakob Karr (US6)

Elliott write-ups:

155. Serge Onik (US11)

156. Robbie Kmetoni (AU3)

Amanda write-ups:

151. Jordan Casanova (US8)

152. Jessica Prince (AU3)

Megan write-ups:

147. William "BJ" Rorke (AU2)

148. Raquel Tijsterman (NL3)

JC write-ups:

145. Remy Tilburg (NL2)

146. Gianne Abbott (AU2)

Gianne Abbott

Design-sem-nome-3-1.png?fit=795,795&ssl=

Ugh well this sucked and my plan backfired. Gianne is actually one of my favorites from this Australian season. I mean, how can she not be. She clearly should have made the finale but the Australian public were drunk. I was using her as a ringer because I thought you all had better taste and she would obviously be safe. But I should have known that this group would cut Gianne, I expected too much. Queen Gianne did an amazing job in so many fabulous routines, and she is fricking gorgeous and sexy and all the above. She is afro-Brazilian elegance and elevated the show with new flavor and style. She was much needed to infuse freshness into the series and she should have stayed over all of the other dancers I nominated with her. Sorry Gianne, I am so sorry.

Remy Tilburg

dsc8523.jpg?w=683

Remy is probably also the one from his group I least wanted to leave but at least I do not care about him. I do not even remember him, so sorry. He just got unlucky because I nominated the first five people from the international seasons that I did not care about and he was on an early season lol. Anyways, I am sure he must have some fans as he made it pretty far here but I think this is a very good spot for him to go out. It is surprising how far he got considering how I have zero memory of him or even his name and I definitely watched his season. At least the others, I remember even if I dislike them much more. Anyways sorry Remy adios!

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2022 at 12:50 AM, FrogLenzen said:

Needed for the front page:

Elliott photos:

233. Melody Lacayanga (US1)

215. Jemma Armstrong (AU1)

173. Kameron Bink (US3)

165. Joey van der Slot (NL6)

Andrew write-ups:

159. Janette Manrara (US5)

160. Dominic “D-Trix” Sandoval (US3)

Zoey write-ups:

157. Nathalie Heath (CA3)

158. Jakob Karr (US6)

Elliott write-ups:

155. Serge Onik (US11)

156. Robbie Kmetoni (AU3)

Amanda write-ups:

151. Jordan Casanova (US8)

152. Jessica Prince (AU3)

Megan write-ups:

147. William "BJ" Rorke (AU2)

148. Raquel Tijsterman (NL3)

and I'm also missing the Cycle 8 choices from one ranker! So now is your last chance to bribe Amanda to choose certain cut/save rounds

14 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

Welcome back! ❤️ 

Hi Andrew! Am I back for real who knows but I have definitely had the urge to return to SYTYCD and watch everything again lately so!!!

(Also I joined here like ten years ago? And I was a dumb childe with only about 30% original opinions and the rest were all trying to make people like me SO they might be different now 😂)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kritaaay said:

Also hi Derek sorry for crashing your thread I'm almost sure we haven't met???? I'm Kriti, I used to go by Kitty on here but I feel like Not doing that now 😂

I also may not actually have watched S13-16.. are they worth it at all

I don't think we have met but if you like SYTYCD you can crash my thread any time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S13 is the kids cringe season and there's like 4 good duets and good group routines without the kids. 

S14 is MANDATORY and I think IDF collectively likes it a lot even though my personal favorite contestant is literally no one else's here lmao

S15/S16... definitely some gem routines in there but the real value is being able to relate fully when people say they hate them 

9 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I don't think we have met but if you like SYTYCD you can crash my thread any time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S13 is the kids cringe season and there's like 4 good duets and good group routines without the kids. 

S14 is MANDATORY and I think IDF collectively likes it a lot even though my personal favorite contestant is literally no one else's here lmao

S15/S16... definitely some gem routines in there but the real value is being able to relate fully when people say they hate them 

Excellent! I have watched some of the standouts and like. Know the contestants by name but I fully don't know what IDF's vibe on them has been 😂 also I think S14 onwards got to the point where the youngest contestants were younger than me and i started feeling remarkably WEIRD about it ngl.

My favorites that ARE still my favorites because I remember them are LoFro/Ivan/Paul and Makenzie from the US seasons and probably the ones everyone else likes from the Dutch seasons LOL (I think most people are on consensus on those, even if I somehow missed S7 whoops). The rest I'm going to have to watch again and see who I still care about though again I used to agree with Dee and Megan a lot, so you know, make your inferences lmao

I also live in the Netherlands now (which I did not when I was here earlier!) and am in grad school 😆

3 hours ago, kritaaay said:

Also hi Derek sorry for crashing your thread I'm almost sure we haven't met???? I'm Kriti, I used to go by Kitty on here but I feel like Not doing that now 😂

I also may not actually have watched S13-16.. are they worth it at all

Welcome back!!

I didn’t realize it was you until you wrote Kitty :haha:

14 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Welcome back!!

I didn’t realize it was you until you wrote Kitty :haha:

Which is VERY FAIR because the only reason I used to go by that was "white people are gonna think my name is weird" and I think i have grown past that now LOL

I do have a video where Makenzie shouts me out with that name I'll always be grateful to Andrelliott for that :wub:

But HELLO I remember you having a Witney icon/sign, that was you right!