SYTYCD Worldwide Rankdown

FrogLenzen

dc5c7c6c4e21ae15f71ec323c282_Gallery.jpg
LINDSAY LEUSCHNER

Finally! The most basic and vanilla blonde contemporary dancer next to Tara-Jean is leaving the building. You’re welcome, @*Diana 😘 Kayla isn’t in my top two most basic blonde contemporary dancers. Lindsay was a contestant on So You Think You Can Dance Canada. Do I care? Not even remotely. Do I remember anything she ever did? Not even a little bit. Other girls danced circles around her allllllll season and yet she made the finale because the show was already in the toilet by this point. I think I probably preferred every other female that season to her so this cut will be no surprise to anyone. Me not being a fan of a basic contemporary dancer? Who knew! Goodbye Lindsay.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Because we're no longer fighting to see if we're cutting guys or girls, the 30 minute rule is no longer necessary. However, as always please note that a cut is not locked in until the write-up is posted, so someone could still change their mind.

When the 24 hour deadline comes, I will lock in any cuts that were posted without a write-up. But if there is nothing posted at all, I will make any remaining cuts and do my own write-ups. 

Ashle Dawson

MV5BYWNhNWFlYWItMjNkYi00ZWMyLTg3YjYtNjZh

I'm dying at this picture. Ashle looks better as a dark brunette, but the picture above is too hilarious to not use. Anyways, if Nico is being cut, then Ashle should be cut too. I kind of feel the same way about Ashle as Rei feels about Nico. She is quite overrated, but is a decent dancer. I definitely will not say that Ashle is a horrendous dancer or anything because that's not true. I just never connected with her and find her very overrated. I mean, I have tried to get rid of her so many times, yet she is still somehow here. Ashle was in the top 4 of the inaugural SYTYCD season and finished last as she should. It should have been a top 4 with 3 males anyway. I do not find her hot like Rei finds Nico hot, but obvs Nico is gorge. I did not think a straight white gorgeous male with a French-Canadian accent would be in danger this round, but at least he's not gay I guess. Anyways, bye Ash! Add Artem to the winner banner!!! ❤️ 

Nico appreciation :wub:

300X400nico-archambault.jpg

350full-nico-archambault.jpg

f3e130c89e077c64acfd869902d08add.jpg

Oz1G4mz8ySLIuepuCTqTSxA8m-beFeA1aQ43WfDA

4222997-exclusif-nicolas-archambault-ton

570full-nico-archambault.jpg

bn35ad2et7gmolpgklj0_faces_archambault-n

Dem eyes :wub:

• Sad 1

Eliane Nsanze

jai-senti-tr%C3%A8s-fort-le-besoin-de-re

Ugh this was a very hard decision. I genuinely like all the girls I had to choose from, but I finally settled on Eliane, as she is someone I don't feel as strongly about her as I do for the other girls. Also, when Diana and I nominated her, she was left for us to choose from for our cut along with Paulina. Clearly you all were in no rush to save her then. I do like Eliane though! She was great on her season! She definitely should've outlasted Vita and Davinia. She was partnered with Sinerjey for the first 4 weeks and they danced: Jazz, Hip-Hop, Waltz and another Hip-Hop. Their strongest routines were their Hip-Hops. Top 10 week, she was paired with eventual winner Frederic and they danced a Jazz. Unsurprisingly, he was safe while Eliane was eliminated. Granted, she was up against Kalila in the bottom that week so obviously the right decision was made there. Also, I just remembered that Vivian was already eliminated in this rankdown denying us of the RIGHTFUL Kalila, Denden & Vivian top 3 we should've gotten for this season so I feel less bad about this cut. Also, I don't think this is the most egregious cut of the round. Far from it, actually, when one of the cuts is Brandon Bryant. Plus, this gives us the Kalila & Denden top 2 we deserve for Benelux 5 so. Sorry to any Elinae fans, but I think 101st is a great finish for her. I just don't want to cut any of the other girls. Sadly, the plethora of mediocre and underwhelming men were off-limits to me so here we are.

On 3/1/2022 at 1:22 PM, *Amanda said:

Marko Germar

tumblr_ow90edmNJh1qcs2cpo1_1280.gif

A Contemporary dancer, Marko was paired with season 8’s chosen one Melanie Moore because he was one of the better guys of the season and they wanted their chosen one to have a good partner. But, uh, they weren’t that good outside of Contemporary. That watered-down “Lyrical Hip-Hop” got so much OTT praise we hen it wasn’t good at all. And Marko himself isn’t very good at Ballroom. My favorite Ballroom of his is the Samba with Chelsie and that's mostly because I'm a Chelsie stan and she was amazing in that, and nothing that Marko himself did. However, he did have done great moments with Turn to Stone, Skin & Bones, Heavy in Your Arms, and Shirk. All of which are Contemporary style routines. And him not being very versatile and good at other styles is why I’m cutting him here.

I never got to mention his all-star appearances because I was rushing to get the write-up in. He appeared on season 9 to dance a very pretty Lyrical Jazz with Witney. On season 10, he was a stand-in for Jade one week and danced a very good Contemporary with Malece. He also danced a very underrated Jazz with J.Harper. On season 12, he danced a trio of Ray Leeper Jazz routines with Megz, Gaby and Hailee. All of which were nothing amazing or worth writing home about. For the kids season, he was initally not an all-star, but became the replacement for J*shua. His kid partner was Sheaden and they danced three Hip-Hop routines. He also danced a Bollywood with JT.

Which brings us to his highlight season during his all-star tenure, the season he was paired with Queen Koine and they were easily the best all-star/newbie couple of the season. They were so good together. They strung together such a fantastic group of routines with their Contemporary, African Jazz, Lyrical Hip-Hop, Jazz, Jive and 2nd Contemporary. Their "You're the Last Thing On My Mind" Contemporary is one of my favorites ever and definitely Marko's best routine during his tenure on the show. Ugh I loved them together and they're one of the many reasons that season 14 was such a good season.

In season 15, he showed up to dance a Contemporary with eventual winner Hannahlei. In season 16, he danced a Contemporary with Sophie and somehow made me like a Sophie routine. Although I chalk up liking that routine more to Marko and Talia Favia who is a phenomenal choreographer rather than Sophie.

So yes, Marko is good and had some great moments. It just so happens that all of those great moments happen to be in the Jazz/Contemporary realm rather than other genres so he didn't really prove to have a great amount of versatility during his time as a contestant.

SAVING: Jahir “Chico” Suriel

Updated my Marko write-up! (!)