How do y’all feel about Blocks?

VoiceFan!

Blocks  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Block (introduced in Season 14)

• I love it…other coaches should have a chance and it makes for great entertainment value.
    • I like it but I feel like there were some missed coach-contestant opportunities like Kymberyli + JHUD, Katie + Kelly, Marybeth + Blake, John H + Kelly, etc.
    • I don’t really have a preference imo
    • Ehhh…
    • I don’t like it bc it’s unfair for the contestant
    • I HATE IT NO BLOCKS PLS

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

The only good thing that came out of the block is that without it, Kenzie would have won instead of Cam.

Probably. Also, had Nick not blocked John, Cam would have picked him, and probably would have ended up 4th (He does have crossover appeal, so I´d say he would have escaped the 5th place, but still, Team Legend).

• Like 1

I don't really mind it anymore and I'm glad they stopped putting so much focus on it, but it definitely impacts the way the show works. Season would've been a whole lot different if Cam and Kenzie hadn't been blocked.

• istersay changed the title to How do y’all feel about Blocks?

Honestly? Far from being one of my issues with the show. It’s stupid, yeah, but ultimately harmless (last season was an exception ig?). Things like team quotas or the show’s format actually impact my enjoyment. Meanwhile, I usually forget the block even exists.

Overall, I'm indifferent/leaning towards opposing it. There are missed opportunities, and it's definitely unfair if the contestant really really wanted a certain coach, but other than that, I don't really notice it all that often. I don't really find blocks to be "funny" or "entertaining", though.

At first I wasn’t a fan of them but they made for some interesting contestant-coach pairings, and I think Kenzie would have beaten Cam if neither got blocks. I’m also not sure how Britton would have done if he wasn’t on Team Alicia.

19 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

At first I wasn’t a fan of them but they made for some interesting contestant-coach pairings, and I think Kenzie would have beaten Cam if neither got blocks. I’m also not sure how Britton would have done if he wasn’t on Team Alicia.

prob semifinals or smth so not too far off (for britton)