The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)

Solaris

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

omg you sound like my husband now when he was complaining he didn't have any side effects after his second dose.

We're Cancers, we're supposed to be overly anxious about these kinds of things. 😅

• Like 1

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9528af7e5c3a789717eda2512c58dd2e5f7373ef04f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I have the task of pairing 12 of you against each other. 

With few contestants left, these are the acts that I am pairing against each other for the knockout!

TEAM ADAM

a711d1415fada40a2482914cee85a46.jpg The-Voice-15-Sara-Grace-Audition.jpg

CAROLINE GLASER VS. SARAH GRACE

TEAM ALICIA

kymberli-joye-the-voice-1543346695.jpg?crop=0.784xw:0.509xh;0.106xw,0.0852xh&resize=1200:* X73QNLCH644LFGACKBXV3RSLB4.jpg

KYMBERLI JOYE VS. CHRISTINA GRIMMIE

TEAM JENNIFER

chris-blue1.jpg live-finale-episode-1519a-pictured-kennedy-holmes-news-photo-1074342800-1545238322.jpg

CHRIS BLUE VS. KENNEDY HOLMES

TEAM MILEY

Top-12-Vanessa-Ferguson.jpg SandyRedd-the-voice-nov-19-2018-billboard-1548-compressed.jpg

VANESSA FERGUSON VS. SANDYREDD

TEAM NICK

the-voice-2020-thunderstorm-artis-past-1589834128.jpg 16211020448703_victor-solomon.JPG

THUNDERSTORM ARTIS VS. VICTOR SOLOMON

TEAM USHER

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxuf_6eKlwgJonAAbaZdrLzZCRiKBzGAeNBw&usqp=CAU maxresdefault.jpg

JOSHUA DAVIS VS. KAMERON MARLOWE

RECAP:

Caroline Glaser vs. Sarah Grace

Kymberli Joye vs. Christina Grimmie

Chris Blue vs. Kennedy Holmes

Vanessa Ferguson vs. SandyRedd

Thunderstorm Artis vs. Victor Solomon

Joshua Davis vs. Kameron Marlowe

Edited by *Chris

CHRISTINA GRIMME

tumblr_md4ulmRE4U1qg72i6o1_500.gif

Christina Grimmie was a contestant on the sixth season of The Voice, where she was on Adam Levine's team and made it all the way to third. The buzz on Christina started fairly early - I remember NBC released her audition as a sneak peek of the season and, since she had a large social media following already, it was a trending topic for days. For a while, Christina seemed like the "obvious" winner of the season in the same vein that Cassadee Pope was (or that we thought Dia Frampton and Juliet Simms were), but when we hit the Top 5, she was in the bottom three alongside Kat Perkins and Kristen Merlin. She was obviously in no danger of going home, as she ended up having like 70% of the Twitter vote to save (although I remember the graphics glitching and showing her at like 99%, which was hilarious). That pretty much determined that she was the third placer in the finale, which is what ended up happening.

As was also expected, Christina wound up being the IDF darling of season six, and this forum was nauseating with their support for her at times. As I've said over the years and in this thread, I personally didn't really care for Christina on The Voice (and lowkey was fine with her placing third :ph34rwave:), and when I had my redo thread at old!IDF, I eliminated her in the semi-finals. (And since she won the Twitter save over my actual favourite Kat Perkins, I was obviously a bitter betty for a while.) Despite that, I did really enjoy her performance of How to Love, even if was pretty much what she had just done the week before with the Drake song.

After her season, she came back in season 7 to perform an original song called With Love, which I found myself enjoying. Wikipedia also tells me she was signed to a record label, but ended up leaving after creative differences and remained an independent artist. I'm not sure what happened with Adam since I remember he said he wanted to sign her, but if someone else wants to let me know, I can edit it in this write-up.

And as we are all aware, Christina was tragically murdered in 2016 by a crazed stalker. 😢 I just remember hearing the news as I was on my way back home from seeing a concert, and just feeling numb. It was just a horrific thing to read updates and news about, especially when further details emerged about everything that happened. I can only hope the best for her brother because I can't even begin to imagine what he saw and dealt with afterward. :( I remember reading about her mother passing a couple of years ago as well, which just adds to the sadness about everything.

• Sad 3

JOSHUA DAVIS, Team Adam, Season 8

meSJXEd.png

Ah, my favorite pure folk artist from this show. I like to describe him as the calmer, less messy version of Tony Lucca. Not gonna lie, Joshua wasn't even my top snowflake during the early rounds of Season 8. I remembered liking Michael Leier and Travis Ewing more. But after they flopped and Joshua started to exceed expectations, I became a fan. There's a warmth and kindness to his voice and demeanor, something that I didn't get at all from Joshua's contemporary that season, Sawyer. And his studio recordings are GORGEOUS. I think I played his Fields of Gold and Arms of a Woman recordings more than the original versions. Sadly, he's one of my snowflakes that had the most negative reception from IDF during their seasons, probably because that season was relatively stacked with female talent. But I gotta say, supporting him all the way taught me a valuable lesson in how not to give a f*** about what other people think and just embrace liking things regardless of public opinion. I did not regret my fandom for Joshua one bit, and I still continue to listen to his stuff today, especially his 2017 album The Way Back Home. Joshua was also one of the few snowflakes I had who actually sent me merch and albums as a way of saying thank you for the support. I actually still wear the shirt he sent me to this day. So yeah, now you know why I stan. ;)

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: Arms of a Woman (Knockouts)

I wish artists like him would come back on The Voice again. They rarely show up in the recent seasons.

Saving: Kameron Marlowe

Sarah Grace

live-finale-results-episode-1519b-pictur

Sarah was on season 15 of the Voice and she was on Team Kelly. She unfortunately was given the nickname Stankface by Kelly which is really not a nickname that you want. :dead: I did like some of her performances but she was never a true favorite of mine.  I was also a little bitter when American chose her over Abby in the playoff rounds as I would have made the opposite decision. Sarah ended up doing pretty decently finishing in the top 8 and we did get this really nice group performance from her, Reagan and Abby which I really enjoyed I think all the girls did well on it. I made sure I grabbed the trio because of this performance but I am also okay with her being the first one out from the trio.

You can go to the group performance here if you want it's worth a listen in my opinion. 

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi4152474905

Saving Caroline Glaser who was my first idf namesake.

Edited by QueenKalie

Sandy Redd

image.jpeg.acc99b3be0e3f2e09e2369d01067d638.jpeg

Sandy auditioned for the 15th season where she sang River by Bishop Briggs. She turned all four coaches and picked Kelly. She went to the battles against Cody Ray Raymond where she lost singing Cry to Me by Solomon Burke. She went to team Jhud where she lost her knockout singing Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande. She got saved by JHUD and moved on to playoffs. She did No More Drama by Mary J. Blige where she needed JHUD's Save to move on to top 13.  She sang It's So Hard to Say Goodbye To Yesterday by Boys II Men where she got in the bottom 3. She sang Believer for the instant save and was eliminated. She has released her audition song and some singles since the show. 

Favorite Performance: 

Kennedy Holmes [S15, Team Jennifer, 4th Place]

Kennedy-Holmes-The-Voice-620x375.jpg
Season 15 is truly a non-entity for me. I struggle to remember anyone, including Shovel. Wikipedia tells me Kennedy was on Team JHud and placed 4th. She was also 13 when she auditioned with Adele’s “Turning Tables” in the pilot and earned a four chair turn, where she chose Jennifer.

She easily won her battle against Lela where the pair sang Jordin Sparks’ “Battlefield”. There was a lot of Idol references this season and yet, not once did they mention Idol.

In the knockouts, she again won when she sang Pink’s “What About Us” against Anthony Arya. In the live playoffs she sang Beyoncé’s “Halo” and advanced based on the public vote. Then at the Top 13 she sang Bette Midler’s “Wind Beneath My Wings” and again, advanced on the public vote. At the Top 11 she sang Whitney Houston’s “Greatest Love of All” and, again, advanced on the public vote.

Then at the Top 10 she sang Meghan Trainor’s “Me Too” which was a terrible song choice and not just because I hate Meghan Trainor but it just did not do her any favours. To me, it always feels like a very immature song and doesn’t lend itself to big vocals, but once again she survived based on the public’s vote. To be fair, that was also the night of the Adam/DeAndre/Regan drama so. I try to forget about that night.

At the semi-finals, she sang “This Is Me” from the Greatest Showman and landed in the middle three and was forced to sing for the instant save, which she won after singing Trisha Yearwood’s “How Do I Live”

In the finale she sang Demi Lovato’s “Confident”, “Home” from the Wiz with JHud and her original song. It’s clear they were trying to market Kennedy as a young pop/Broadway star but ultimately she placed fourth. I didn’t mind her but I do think she could use a few years of growth. I also think Chris Blue was a great winner and deserves better so. I’m saving him over her.

Save: Chris Blue

Edited by sublymonal

11 hours ago, *Chris said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9528af7e5c3a789717eda2512c58dd2e5f7373ef04f&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I have the task of pairing 12 of you against each other. 

With few contestants left, these are the acts that I am pairing against each other for the knockout!

TEAM NICK

the-voice-2020-thunderstorm-artis-past-1589834128.jpg 16211020448703_victor-solomon.JPG

THUNDERSTORM ARTIS VS. VICTOR SOLOMON

For @*Lily

• Thanks 1