SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

AU2 RESULTS PART THREE

(tie )12-13. Top 12 - "Mi Confesion" - (Jazz by Kelley Abbey)

753d57.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@FrogLenzen - 2

@.Rei - 3

@totes4totes - 6

@JC - 8

@*Diana - 9

@Erestor - 10

@Zoey - 13

@taylorkat - 16

@*Amanda - 17

@kritaaay - 19

@*Wallace - 19

Avg. Score = 11.09

COMMENTS

Rei

Another perfectly choreographed group routine by Kelley Abbey and that ending pose with the whole peacock feathers.. chef kiss ❤️ FLAWLESS!!!!!

Megan

This one almost didn't make it through! I am so glad it did. Again almost copy and paste my comments from Kelley Abbey's other group routine and put them here as well. She's so good at these sexy and interesting group jazz routines. And naturally I love all the Talia featured in this routine!!!!

JC

Not sure we needed two Kelley Abbey group routines in the finals, but they were decent.

Wallace

Yeah I was really disappointed to see this group routine making it through over Charlie & Kat's Hip-Hop. As I said many times, outside of a few exceptions, I can really do without the group routines in this game. I would rather have memorable couples' routines. I also think having two Kelley Abbey Jazz routines is kinda A LOT.... one would have been enough. But I digress. Watching this now, this is really good, really hot and the dancers perform well in it. But I have no connection to this nor will remember it a week from now. Again with most group routines, I enjoy watching them on the show but I just won't rewatch them with a few exceptions. But some thoughts in this.... Is that Kat in the lead role in the middle of this dance? She stands out to me here again. And I like her section with Ben. Oh and Penny stood out too.

11. Kat Risteka & Danny Golding - "Llorando" - (Lyrical by Debbie Ellis)

753doh.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Kriti - 4

JC - 6

Wallace - 7

Zoey - 8

Amanda - 8

Rei - 12

Patrick - 12

Gigi - 14

Diana - 15

Megan - 17

Derek - 18

Avg. Score = 11.00

COMMENTS

JC

I don't mind these two, but I'm kind of surprised someone got this through because I didn't think they were popular. Actually watching this, I think it deserves to be here and I am going to move it up. Also Danny is hot if he just had shaved his head.

Wallace

This was such a gorgeous and moving routine. I felt like this was such an unexpected dance from Kat at the time of this dance. She really threw herself into this dance and danced beautifully. This was more expected from Danny as he's a Contemporary dancer, but he danced this beautifully. He showcased himself and Kat off well. I loved how they partnered each other and their side by side dancing. Truly a breathtaking dance. ❤️

Rei

I love that Kat came up on the competition with such a stunning routine that I wasn't expecting at all. Danny was brilliant with his technique obviously but I always find very appealing when contestants without or little technical training end up excelling at the lyrical stuff. The song is also so good for this piece

Megan

This was lovely. IDK that it really sticks with me though throughout the years like other routines have. But that's a bit of the point of these mini-rankdowns to revisit. (And if we were going to have a week 1 contemporary it should have been Pania/Ben so I am also docking this one points).

10. Penny Higgs & Charlie Bartley - "You Found Me" - (Contemporary by Kelly Aykers)

753ego.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

JC - 3

Zoey - 3

Diana - 4

Derek - 9

Gigi - 10

Wallace - 11

Kriti - 14

Rei - 14

Amanda - 16

Patrick - 17

Megan - 18

Avg. Score = 10.82

COMMENTS

JC

Another sensational routine from the power couple of the season. Their personalities were phenomenal but their dancing and connection really backed it up. So upset Penny's injury robbed us of a pearfect top 2.

Wallace

I enjoyed Penny & Charlie showing off their fun side with their first two dances but it was great seeing them change it up with this Contemporary. I love the song choice and I thought they connected well to the song and the dance. They really had such beautiful chemistry and sold the dance beautifully. I thought they danced this really well technically too. I love how they were dancing separately on their own. I think that was the big part/theme of the dance, was that they never danced together - until connecting at the very end. Oooh I really love the section of the dance where they dance in sync but separately of each other on the chorus. That was such a big part of the dance. Beautiful dance.

Rei

There are a lot of moments that I really like about this routine and some others that I just find outright cheesy. The bits where Charlie does some steps and then Penny does the same stuff some counts later??? BRILLIANT STUFF!!! The two splits on the middle of the air??? UNNECESARY!!! If this routine would have been more balanced with its choreography I would like it more

Megan

There are some music choices that stand the test of time and some music choices that are so of the era that I find myself laughing when it breaks into the chorus. You can figure out which category I believe this one falls in to.

9. Talia Fowler & BJ Rorke - "How How" - (Jazz by Project Moda)

753fgk.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Patrick - 2

Megan - 2

Derek - 4

Rei - 8

Gigi - 9

Diana - 10

Kriti - 12

Amanda - 13

JC - 15

Zoey - 17

Wallace - 18

Avg. Score = 10.00

COMMENTS

Megan

TBH, this is one of the best "Broadway" routines on the show and it wasn't even labeled as such. It tells a clear story with two defined characters. That's all I really want. But anyway, this is just a genuinely very funny routine. IDF used to LOVE to hate on it because it's not "technically" difficult (whatever that means) and because their second routine of the night was such clear IDF bait (a lyrical hip-hop choreographed by TabbyNaps). But I've ALWAYS loved this one so much more. Like another underrated fave of mine "Boogie Shoes," the beauty of this routine kind of lies in its perceived simplicity and character. It's just a lot of fun to watch and because of that after years of the show passing, it still stands out.

Rei

If you're gonna go with a dumb concept you better come up with a brilliant choreography and this was just choreographer brilliantly from beginning to end. It doesn't seem but i believe this routine must be actually very difficult to dance. Talia was obviously great and she naturally excelled on all the difficult and technical choreography but I believe BJ doesn't get enough credit from this forum and I believe he's the ultimate partner from this season. Also anytime I get to see BJ's legs and bulge, it's obviously a good day for me.

JC

BJ is adorable but this really didn't need to be here lol.

Wallace

This is a really cute and fun Jazz from Talia & BJ. Although I was quite surprised seeing this advance through to the finals because I dunno.... it was never really that much of a standout routine to me. It's fun and cutesy. Talia and BJ sold their characters well. But.... it's also really silly and gimmicky. I get the fun. I get the silly. But I think it took about halfway through the routine for some actual dancing to happen? I don't know... I can get how people can love the creative and silliness of this dance. But I could have done without this routine here and would have preferred a number of other routines here.

Edited by .Rei

5 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

you know rewatching many of the hip-hop routines from AU2 and they are UNDERWHELMING. disappointing really with so many good hip-hop dancers.

oh i'd rate 4 of them to really make an impact across seasons/series and three of them didn't even make this top 20!

12. Okay, well I'm glad that "Mi Confesion" didn't make the Top 10. But ugh I should have ranked this last so that "Single Ladies" could have had the higher ranking. :/

11. Hmm kinda sad and surprised seeing "Llorando" missing out of the Top 10. Kat and Danny danced and performed this beautifully. And lol to JC.... they may not be popular but yeah this routine deserves to be in this Top 20.

10. I loved Penny & Charlie's "You Found Me" and glad to see it making it to the Top 10, despite that I couldn't put it there. ❤️ I really wanted to put it there but ugh these routines were so stacked and tough to figure out. lol Not Rei hating on one of my favorite parts of the dance. 😐:dead:

9. Oooh finalllyyy at Talia & BJ's "How How" showing up. I was scared this was going to make it to the Top 8 or higher. Lmao Megan's comments on IDF on this routine makes me think she's calling me out as I was one of those vocal against this one. :lmao: Yeah this is a Talia routine I just couldn't ever get into, but I can see how those could love this. 

27 minutes ago, .Rei said:

FGyFz67.png

the only one doing good is Gigi :haha:

lmao I was thinking how no one was really slaying in these rankings, except for Gigi. :lmao: 

Wow that's incredible how she has her entire Top 7 in the Top 8 routines. :omg: 

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

@kritaaay not Megan just helping me to realize that you are my long lost Kitty 🥺:hug:❤️

Nooo I FORGOT that not everyone knew but yes ❤️

i came back in here like “hi everyone it’s me” and everyone was like “whomst” and then I had to explain LOL bc I stopped going by kitty at some point 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kritaaay said:

i came back in here like “hi everyone it’s me” and everyone was like “whomst” and then I had to explain LOL bc I stopped going by kitty at some point 

so happy you’re here and have missed you!!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kritaaay said:

LOL I knew. But I keep track of all my IDF friends on social media so I know that they haven't died

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How how did how how make it this high. I remember watching this and being like this is actually horrendous even if Talia was not dancing.

sad you found me showed up but this is about where I expected it.

llorando was a surprise in the top 20 that I actually liked despite not remembering it at all

im really hoping that gianne and blowjob get that win ❤️ all their routines in the top 8 loves

lmao I’m usually one of the last ones with my #20 left but who did @Erestor and @.Rei bus???

Edited by JC