SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Winner Posted)

.Rei

AU2 RESULTS PART FOUR

8. Talia Fowler & Charlie Bartley - "The Boy Does Nothing" - (Jive by Jason Gilkison)

7587cg.gif

Watch Here 

RANKINGS:

@*Diana - 2

@taylorkat - 4

@*Wallace - 5

@.Rei - 6

@Erestor - 9

@*Amanda - 10

@totes4totes - 13

@kritaaay - 13

@JC - 14

@FrogLenzen - 15

@Zoey - 18

Avg. Score = 9.91

COMMENTS

Wallace

Ahh I have always had a soft spot and really loved this Jive from Talia & Charlie. This is just one of those dance I was obsessed with and just aalways makes me happy whenever I play it. This was the last dance of the season and what a perfect and strong dance to close out an amazing season with! I loved everything about this dance - everything from the song choice, the choreography, the performance, the dancing and just everything Talia and Charlie brought to the dance. I love the energy Talia & Charlie brought to the dance here. They were just having a blast and the time of their lives with this dance. And dangg was their dancing impressive. They had fantastic technique where they had strong Jive precision - they brought in all of that bouncy footwork and they were kicking and flicking all about. :bobo:  I was truly impressed! Okay that part where Charlie leaps over Talia was SCARY as he looked like he was about to fall off the stage but I love how he played it off on the slow mo part! I love how they kick & flick about through the rest of the dance. The ending pose was a litttle shaky. And yeah I know there were a few little mistakes here and there but I honestly didn't care as this was still fantastic and so fun!

Rei

It's funny to me how they managed on both AU1 and AU2 to have two incredible final routines with Rhys/Jack and Talia/Charlie. I think this was incredible, they actually did very good with the jive technique and I don't think any of the other five combinations could have been as great as this was.

Megan

Love this. Not my favorite Talia routine but it's very good.

JC

At least Charlie is in this so I can focus on him.

7. Amy Campbell & Timomatic Omaji - "Ease On Down The Road" - (Broadway/Hip-Hop by Project Moda)

758872.gif

Watch Here 

RANKINGS:

Kriti - 2

Megan - 3

Rei - 5

Gigi - 5

Zoey - 5

Amanda - 7

JC - 11

Wallace - 15

Derek - 16

Diana - 18

Patrick - 20

Avg. Score = 9.73

COMMENTS

Megan

Two Project Moda routines back-to-back! Call me a a STAN. I f*cking LOVE this routine. Broadway in Australia is actually typically pretty good because it doesn't just mean an old school jazz to a 50s standard. And the show and Project Moda were right in labeling this just as much a hip-hop as it is a Broadway. I think Amy really got shafted in only getting one routine into this Top 20 but what a banger of a routine. Endlessly entertaining and rewatchable.

Rei

Timomatic was pretty incredible on this and I'm glad they did him justice with giving him great choreography. I never think of Amy as standout from this season but she was pretty solid and was able to kept up with the beast that Tim is.

JC

Meh.

Wallace

This is kinda weird to me that this is Amy's only routine here as I felt she had a few more standout dances over this one. This is a really fun routine and I do really like the Broadway/Hip-Hop Fusion here. It gave a funkier version of what I would expect from this dance. I thought the hip-hop elements were fun and entertaining. They sold their characters and had so much fun here. I do feel like my eyes were drawn to Timomatic here. He really sold this dance... and I can totally see him on The Wiz musical. :omg: Is this his best/standout dance to me? I'm not sure but it's up there. Amy stepped up and performed well, but again I prefer her in other dances.

6. Talia Fowler & Loredo Malcolm - "Love Story" - (Jazz by Amy Delves)

7588q1.gif

Watch Here 

RANKINGS:

Amanda - 2

Megan - 4

Diana - 5

Patrick - 5

Derek - 5

Gigi - 7

Kriti - 8

Wallace - 12

Zoey - 12

JC - 18

Rei - 20

Avg. Score = 8.91

COMMENTS

Megan

If you can point to a single routine that solidified Talia's win in the competition, this is it. When I ranked all of Talia's routines I had this one at #4 which means that it's probably in my Top 5 routines of the season (lol I think I only have Tim/Amy's hip-hop breaking up a Top 5 of all Talia routines). This is one of those routines where it's like "you cannot tell me that contemporary and jazz are two different genres on this show" because this is ostensibly a jazz. But regardless, it is the kind of romantic routine that stands out because unlike some of the contemporaries I ranked lower it has a great song choice and the moment where Loredo pulls Talia across the stage when she's wrapped up in the cloth is forever burned into my brain. It's a no-brainer high ranking from me.

Wallace

I'm totally shocked that a trio group with 3 Swifties and 3 Talia stans would advance a Talia/Loredo routine to a Taylor Swift song. :giggle: But lol, really... this was a really gorgeous and stunning routine. I love how Talia really sells and tells the story at the start of the dance. Loredo does a great job connecting with Talia too. I do feel Talia shines more, but Loredo is a fantastic dancer and has great technique here. But the technique Talia shows in her legs and feet is just so wow. She has a number of big moments here. They do have lovely chemistry here. 

JC

Another unnecessary routine that has no business in the top 20.

Rei

ugh!! probably not my most rational opinion but I hate EVERYTHING EVERYTHING about this!! always had and always will!!!  the choreography, the song choice, the super extra cheesy story. Sorry but no. They both are brilliant dancers and they could have been given something out of this world to really showcase their talents and this is what they got??? gross. 

5. Gianne Abott & BJ Rorke - "The Scientist" - (Contemporary by Debbie Ellis)

7589jn.gif

Watch Here 

RANKINGS:

Rei - 4

Amanda - 4

JC - 5

Patrick - 6

Kriti - 7

Zoey - 7

Wallace - 10

Gigi - 13

Derek - 13

Diana - 14

Megan - 14

Avg. Score = 8.82

COMMENTS

Rei

Gorgeous, beautiful. This just makes my heart feel warm. There's something about Gianne here that just always give me the feels. I love everything about this and find this choreography super clever and innovative. The song choice is on point and they are both very well showcased. So the exact same opposite of Love Story 🙂

This is where BJ/Gianne became my favourite couple of the season and it is a crime that those two didn't make the finale.

JC

Another stunning routine from an adorable couple. 

Wallace

This was such a beautiful routine from Gianne & BJ. I love how understated it was, as they truly connected so beautifully with each other. They moved with such grace, elegance and wonderful technique. They shone well on the side by side parts as well as the partnering section. They had some beautiful storytelling here as well. Just an all around lovely dance. ❤️

Megan

I am such a cynic because 90% of the contemporaries I watch from Australia I am underwhelmed by! This is fine! I think there are so many excellent and inventive contemporary routines across the franchise (including jazz and modern in the Dutch show) that even most contemporaries that are standouts on a given night (which this certainly was) are not nearly as memorable by season's end.

Edited by .Rei

I totally understand Rei and Patryk’s #20s and I am so confused how they both made it so high. 

alright let’s see, we have elephant, toy soldier, battery, and one other that I’m forgetting right now that should have no shot since it’s forgettable in this moment but def the juggernauts of the season left with those 3 first ones

TOP 4

Gianne Abott & BJ Rorke - "Toy Soldier" - (Hip-Hop by Tiana Joubert) - Watch Here

Penny Higgs & Charlie Bartley - "Elephant" - (Contemporary by Debbie Ellis) - Watch Here

Talia Fowler & Charlie Bartley - "The Battery" - (Contemporary by Larrissa McGowan) - Watch Here

Talia Fowler & BJ Rorke - "Dead And Gone" - (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Tabitha and Napoleon) - Watch Here

8. Aww a bit bummed to see "The Boy Does Nothing" show up at 8th as I wish this was ranked a little higher but It's not a bad ranking and makes sense. Agreed with Rei that I doubt any other combo of the Final 4 could have produced a Jive this great.

7. Oh lmao I had a feeling that "Ease On Down The Road" would be Patryk's #20...  I don't got any issue with this. Yeah this was ranked a little too high for me, but I do get the love and fandom for this routine. This is a really joyous and super fun routine. I do really like this but I just happened to love others more. Wow I agree with Rei's comments on this one, once again.

6. I'm not surprised seeing some of the biggest Swifties/aka the ones who advanced this through as the highest rankers here. :giggle: "Love Story" was a stunning and gorgeous routine from Talia & Loredo. It's definitely a gorgeous and lovely routine. NOT Rei with the #20 ranking for this dance. For once I don't agree with Rei in this set.

5. Oh, I'm lowkey shocked that "The Scientist" missed the Top 4, but I think I'm honestly fine with that.... especially with all that makes the Top 4 here. :ph34rwave: I thought this would have been like 3rd or 2nd. Also interesting how this routine has such tight rankings - all rankings from 4th to 14th - not in anyone's Top 3 or Bottom 6 spots, so proves its quite well liked and not disliked amongst us. Hmmm I also lowkey kinda agree with Megan's comment on this dance. This was a really gorgeous and standout dance of the night it was performed but I can get how it may not standout amongst many other Contemporaries. 

1 hour ago, JC said:

I totally understand Rei and Patryk’s #20s and I am so confused how they both made it so high. 

alright let’s see, we have elephant, toy soldier, battery, and one other that I’m forgetting right now that should have no shot since it’s forgettable in this moment but def the juggernauts of the season left with those 3 first ones

Dead and Gone... and no, it's not a forgettable routine. 🙂 

1 hour ago, .Rei said:

99EcbLV.png

Wow this latest set really came through for me. :wub: 

I now got my #1, 2, 4 and 6 all remaining left. I'm doing the 2nd best after Gigi now (who has her #1, 2, 3, 6) left. :wub: 

I really LOVE all of these routines and would be very happy with any of them winning. Of course, I'm still rooting for my #1 to win it all.

Love Story only places that high for me because of the song tbh. It could’ve been danced by any other two dancers and we would’ve had the exact same routine. It was style over substance and a wasted opportunity.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, totes4totes said:

I love Talia’s IG and all the dancing she puts on it. She’s so talented

You know it, sis. :wub:❤️

21 hours ago, JC said:

I did and the only one I liked was Battery but all of that was attributed to Charlie. At least Talia did not ruin Battery though, I will give her that, she did an acceptable job. Battery with Penny and Charlie would've been so much better :wub: #dreamteam

Ok fair enough, I will take it. :haha: Except for the last sentence. 😘

21 hours ago, *Wallace said:

LOL Yes, I love this train of thought here. :dead: We surely would. ❤️ 

LMAO I deserve that when/if that happens. 🤣

DO IT! Show these haters off! (!) Lmao oops, I got to passionate there. :blushingwave: Not haters.... but moreso naysayers? :haha: 

I'm predicting your #20 could be "Ease On Down The Road"? If so, I may have some things to say there as well. :giggle: 

I still have faith in him. :wub: :giggle:

Lol with US5 coming up next, I can’t wait for the Jeanine vs Kayla’s stans wars. :giggle:

Is that Sassy!Wally making his return? :wub: Because I am here for it. :bobo: but yeah that is probably a better world to put it. :haha:

You guessed it correctly! Lol I am glad I wasn’t the only one who was confused by it’s ranking 

Edited by Erestor

2 hours ago, JC said:

Me too (re my #20). I expected Love Story to be around top 5-ish 

I actually loved the Jive more on a rewatch than I remembered it, I probably would have ranked it higher now (but still, Valerie was robbed 💔)

"Ease On Down The Road” is the biggest wth? entry on this list for me so far. Did I hate it? No, but that one was really forgettable for me. Plus I am not really into the clowns/puppets/dolls/whatever they were supposed to be concepts

Love Story is more sentimental kind of routine for me because it was Talia’s breakthrough moment on the show, but I actually liked their Salsa better. :ph34rwave:

The Scientist was gorgeous and that’s a great spot for it. ❤️

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Dead and Gone... and no, it's not a forgettable routine. 🙂 

You tell him. (!)

2 hours ago, Erestor said:

I still have faith in him. :wub: :giggle:

Lol with US5 coming up next, I can’t wait for the Jeanine vs Kayla’s stans wars. :giggle:

Is that Sassy!Wally making his return? :wub: Because I am here for it. :bobo: but yeah that is probably a better world to put it. :haha:

You guessed it correctly! Lol I am glad I wasn’t the only one who was confused by it’s ranking 

Aww I love that you never give up on him on this. :giggle: 

I'll leave Kayla's best routines alone as long as you Kayla stans leave Jeanine's best routines alone. 😘 

LMAOO Maybe. I got in the moment there. :dead: hahaha yess. :haha: 

I knew it. And lmaoo yeah, JC & I got your back there, at least. :giggle: 

2 hours ago, Erestor said:

Me too (re my #20). I expected Love Story to be around top 5-ish 

I actually loved the Jive more on a rewatch than I remembered it, I probably would have ranked it higher now (but still, Valerie was robbed 💔)

"Ease On Down The Road” is the biggest wth? entry on this list for me so far. Did I hate it? No, but that one was really forgettable for me. Plus I am not really into the clowns/puppets/dolls/whatever they were supposed to be concepts

You tell him. (!)

Yayy your Jive comments! I really loved watching that routine so much while ranking these routines. ❤️ 

They are inspired by The Wiz (which was inspired from The Wizard of Oz). Timomatic is supposed to be The Scarecrow and Amy is supposed to be Dorothy. At least that's what I think it's supposed to be, lol. I didn't see if the intro video said differently, lol.

You know I had to. (!) 

Not Patryk reminding me of the Stan wars lmao. I generally don’t have super strong feelings on international dancers but the US ones are where my claws come out probably so the US5 rank down will be uh interesting

also I did tank dead and gone lol but who knows if I only feel A Way about it because I saw the inferior version on us9 first

• Sad 1

On 12/22/2022 at 11:01 PM, kritaaay said:

Not Patryk reminding me of the Stan wars lmao. I generally don’t have super strong feelings on international dancers but the US ones are where my claws come out probably so the US5 rank down will be uh interesting

also I did tank dead and gone lol but who knows if I only feel A Way about it because I saw the inferior version on us9 first

I guess this confirms "Dead and Gone" coming in 4th as I also see JC, Megan and Zoey all ranking it on the lower end (and maybe others).

I guess this confirms "Dead and Gone" is 4th as I also don't see JC, Zoey or Megan ranking it high. And maybe some others. :haha: 

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

Toy Soldier would be so underwhelming. 

:dead: 

I go back and forth between that or The Battery winning... but The Battery will have some tanks due to non Talia fans here. With how "The Scientist" ranks looking (nothing below #14), I kinda expect the same for "Toy Soldier," which could help that routine in its favor.

9 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

:dead: 

I go back and forth between that or The Battery winning... but The Battery will have some tanks due to non Talia fans here. With how "The Scientist" ranks looking (nothing below #14), I kinda expect the same for "Toy Soldier," which could help that routine in its favor.

I ranked it higher than I thought. But it’s just an underwhelming hip-hop routine. Both it and “Dead & Gone”