SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Winner Posted)

.Rei

AU2 RESULTS FINAL PART

4. Talia Fowler & BJ Rorke - "Dead And Gone" - (Lyrical Hip-Hop by Tabitha and Napoleon)

75c1jq.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@*Wallace - 2

@taylorkat - 2

@Erestor - 3

@*Amanda - 3

@FrogLenzen - 6

@*Diana - 8

@totes4totes - 12

@.Rei - 13

@Zoey - 14

@kritaaay - 16

@JC - 16

Avg. Score = 8.64

COMMENTS

Wallace

Okay now THIS is the Talia & BJ routine I can get with here. And it BETTER be their higher ranked routine of their two dances. I know NappyTabs are a polarizing pair for their routines but I personally love some of them, this one included. I love how Talia & BJ portray and sell their characters and do such a convincing job of it. I like the intro with how BJ wants his drink but Talia tries to break him out of that. Then I love how they hit their moves so hard while dancing side by side each other. I feel they dance their choreography with so much intensity and emotion to it. Ooh BJ really sells his role so well in the middle of the dance and I love his solo dancing he does there too. I'm glad he made the right choice in choosing Talia. This was a really great, powerful routine and I love it a ton. Also love the song choice too as that song is such a jam!

Megan

Begrudgingly I'll admit that this is Talia's best hip-hop. Begrudging because you all know how I feel about NappyTabs. But I've GROWN over the years, and I will openly admit that this is a good routine. Better than most of Napoleon and Tabitha's weak lyricals that they provided the US. There are still some STUPID moments (the part where it has the cardinal directions and BJ moves his head that way and Talia is doing nothing but pretending to take off a ring for like 16 beats). But this routine really showed how much Talia had improved since her first hip-hop. BJ is good too. They sell the routine.

Rei

The theme really bring this down but the are some brilliant moments of choreography and execution and BJ is a really really good at hip hop

JC

BJ is sexy in this UNF but other than that there was nothing to love. Loved watching BJ move though HAWT.

3. Penny Higgs & Charlie Bartley - "Elephant" - (Contemporary by Debbie Ellis)

75c251.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

JC - 1

Diana - 6

Gigi - 6

Wallace - 6

Zoey - 6

Megan - 8

Patrick - 8

Kriti - 9

Rei - 10

Amanda - 11

Derek - 14

Avg. Score = 7.73

COMMENTS

JC

GORGEOUS, STUNNING, PERFECTION. I needed to watch this a few times before I could decide which to put first, but this deserves. Pearlie is a pearfect match ❤️ and the most robbed couple of the season. One of them should definitely have won, so sad Penny's injury ruined the ending we deserved :( 

Wallace

Penny & Charlie had two fantastic Contemporary routines, although I don't know why but this is the one I tend to remember less - though I feel it's the more popular of their Contemporary dances? But it's one of those dances I do appreciate more whenever I watch it. I do feel this dance has such a different feel from their other dance. This is really understated, softer and emotional in a different way. I love how they dance together here. But I also love how they dance together and truly connect here. They both really shone - together and separately. They sell the routine beautifully and gah, it's just equally so beautiful and heartbreaking to watch. :broken:

Megan

did the people who voted the The Fray routine into the top 20 think it was this routine which is so much better and so much less embarrassing because they confused the two routines? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!!!

Rei

Pretty, simple and stunning! They did great and it was definitely their standout as a couple and one of the best routines of the season. I'm thrilled that is ranking this high

2. Gianne Abott & BJ Rorke - "Toy Soldier" - (Hip-Hop by Tiana Joubert)

75c2zg.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Zoey - 2

Gigi - 3

Wallace - 4

JC - 4

Kriti - 5

Diana - 7

Amanda - 9

Rei - 9

Megan - 10

Patrick - 11

Derek - 12

Avg. Score = 6.91

COMMENTS

Wallace

Oooh yess, I really loved Gianne & BJ's "Toy Soldier" Hip-Hop! This is such a fun, entertaining and iconic routine from these two. I love the miltary soldier theme to it. But also Gianne! Gianne is sooo flipping hot and fierce here. She SLAYS it with that solo she does! :dead: Then I love how BJ does his moves and then how they danced in sync with each other. I love the style and energy they bring to the routine. It's just SO much fun! And also really love the song choice too. Such a fun and killer dance! :bobo:

JC

QUEEN GIANNE SLAYAGE! My second fave couple doing a phenomenal routine. They both WERKED this and if Pearlie can't win, it better be Blowjobianne!

Rei

They slayed this!! Both dancers are just so good at hip hop that this ended up as one of their best routines of the season. They proved again they're were the most versatile couple and two of the best dancers of that season. I'm glad this is ranking this high!

Megan

This was good. I don't think every routine needs a concept. The BANE of my SYTYCD fandom.

1. Talia Fowler & Charlie Bartley - "The Battery" - (Contemporary by Larrissa McGowan)

75c3io.gif

Watch Here 

RANKINGS:

Rei - 1

Gigi - 1

Wallace - 1

Kriti - 1

Megan - 1

Patrick - 1

Amanda - 1

Diana - 3

Derek - 3

JC - 13

Zoey - 19

Avg. Score = 4.09

COMMENTS

Rei

It doesn't matter if a routine is danced by someone that is not a favorite of mine. When the routine is good, I will be the first to admit it and this was just incredible!! Talia was flawless! Charlie was flawless! Choreography was flawless! A perfect routine and one of the greatest SYTYCD routine of all time! 

Gigi

The routine of the season.

Wallace

Talia & Charlie had such a dynamic partnership in the second half of the season and it's a real shame only 2 out of their 4 routines made it to the end - when honestly all 4 of them are Top 20 worthy. "The Battery" is such an iconic routine, where I know it's not only some people's favorite routine of the season but think it's some people's all-time favorite SYTYCD routine? I expect a lot of #1s for this and this to be a winner's contender. Whether it wins or not.... they got to get through Zoey and JC and whether or not how badly they tank this (well I'm sure Zoey will. JC will probably rank this amongst the higher of the Talia routines because of Charlie).

Anywho, I love how this is such a different kind of Contemporary routine from what we usually see. I love the athletic and abstract feel of this dance. Talia and Charlie both showcased strong and amazing technique here that is truly impressive! I love how intense and powerful they are with how they perform this dance too. I think they are both impressive and outstanding in this dance. They have so many shining moments in this dance too! OMGG I forgot that Bonnie swore saying the s-word about this routine. :dead: I still feel like this dance could be the winner of this round but again, hopefully the tanks won't hurt this.

Kriti

Rei please exempt me from comments, I’m sick, and I think everyone else will talk about why this routine is great way better than I can. I still think it speaks for itself though I don’t particularly love either dancer.

Megan

This was the clear #1 for the list, it may be the #1 if I were going to make a list of all contemporary routines that have been on the show. A lot of the contemporary routines on the show could just be called lyrical jazz (in fact that's what they used to be called before Mia Michaels was like "King of Pain" doesn't really fit that) but this is a routine that does feel very contemporary in the way that I think Mia Michaels initially intended the genre to be used. It's cool. It's industrial. And for SYTYCD it's incredibly bold. There's no story, it's not about heartbreak or loss, it's just a routine that's all about the movement and because of that you end up with one of the single most memorable SYTYCD routines of all time. Talia and Charlie are just the perfect dancers for this. And I think I do obviously focus a lot on Talia but I think what I lose a lot of the time is that Charlie is impressive for somebody who I believe was largely self-trained before entering the show. Keeping up with Talia and this choreography is impressive and he by far surpassed the bar of just "keeping up." I want more routines like this. Get more ADT on the show.

Patryk

Duh. Since the first time I have watched this routine, I had only one word for it: perfection. That hasn't changed. #slayed

Amanda

Duh. One of the best routines EVER from the show, as well as one of my personal favorites. :wub: Everything about it is just comes together to create a truly iconic moment. I love that it's so different from most Contemporaries we see on this show. It deserves every ounce of praise and love it receives on here. I'm said that two of their other routines together were robbed of a spot in this Top 20, but glad that The Battery got its rightful place here and I really hope it wins this season because it deserves to.

JC

If one of these bottom 8 has to win, then it better be this one where we can at least appreciate Charlie pulling this up to being a good routine.

Edited by .Rei

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (AU2) (Winner Revealed)

4. Well I did call Talia & BJ's "Dead & Gone" getting 4th after earlier comments in here. :dead: My ranking shows that I absolutely really love and adore this routine a ton so yay for this getting this high. Also loving that this didn't get any Bottom 4 rankings either - even from the two Talia naysayers. :giggle:❤️ And ooh yayy I will take those Megan comments... as she said more positives than what I was expecting so yay. :dead:

3. Love "Elephant" and really happy to see this dance making it this high, even if I ranked it 6th. I love Penny/Charlie and yeah this was certainly one of their very best dances. It's also interesting seeing this dance score mostly between #6 through #11 rankings, except for JC and Derek. Megan needs to stop with those comments though. :dead:

2. Ah wow, I kept going back and forth on "Toy Soldier" and ugh I should have stuck with my gut all along. But I do love this routine from Gianne & BJ and glad to see it come in 2nd! I did say and predict that this would be a well loved routine amongst us, as these rankings show, there is no  ranking below 12th here, wow. :omg: Also impressive that this made it to #2 with no #1 ranks either.

1. Oooh phew, I'm glad that "The Battery" pulled off the win after all.... and actually by a wide margin, omg. :dead: SLAY at 7 #1s! :omg: Dangg that's incredible! Then 2 #3s is also fantastic. The two lower ranks were totally expected, especially after what I stated and predicted in my own comments. :camera: I knew JC would rank this low'ish but not too low because of Charlie and I had a feeling Zoey would rank this reallly low. I agree with all of the comments from those that ranked this at #1.  LOL at Patryk and Amanda both starting their comments with "Duh." :dead: Yayy so happy to see this pull off the win! :spaz: